frister's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 9:01 PM

exercise tv on demand is gone, interactive app is extra work

Please bring back exercise TV on demand. It was convenient and easy to choose a complete workout video at various levels and exercise types. Sure, the interactive exercise app is more personalized, but it requires expertoise we do not have and extra time/work we're not really willing to put in. The interactive app requires extra work because one has to choose each individual exercise to put together a sequence for my workout. The interactive app requires expertize we do not have because it doesn't tell me what muscle group is targeted by each specific exercise, as if I knew that.

Bring back simplicity, please.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

Unfortunately, U-Verse cannot bring back something that no longer exists. ExerciseTV, which was not owned by AT&T, closed on November 25, 2011. Its Video OnDemand channel and website closed on December 31, 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExerciseTV writes:

"Launched in January 2006,[5] ExerciseTV was founded by Jake Steinfeld and created by Comcast.[6][3] ExerciseTV was available in the United States via Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications and Bresnan Communications.[1] The network was managed by Comcast, with New Balance and Time Warner Cable acting as additional equity partners.

ExerciseTV was a joint venture between Comcast, Time Warner Cable, New Balance and Jake Steinfeld of Body by Jake.[7]

ExerciseTV closed on November 25, 2011. Its Video OnDemand channel and website closed on December 31, 2011."

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Hello dwinth,

Oh, well. Thanks.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

9 years ago

Legitimate question:

Why are you just asking now about a channel that closed over three years ago?

I'm curious... Did you switch providers and then switch back to U-Verse?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

That was a good question. Here are the reasons:

a) because even last summer we could find workout videos on demand and now there are only a few dance videos available with uverse online and none at all when you do a search via the STB;

b) because someone else in the house suddenly wants to get back in shape after the holiday weight gain.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I switched from Comcast and was surprised there is no fitness channel as i was so used to working out with their exercise tv. Something i need to rethink.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T,

Please put a fitness section in my on demand menu and fill it with a variety of workouts that can be done in my living room.

Please, and thank you!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

There are workout videos on the Interactive page.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.