dvr not working

Contributor

dvr not working

new uverse tv customer and my dvr does not record or work. does not seem to respond to remote when trying to record shows. please respond to

kevin

(removed for security reasons)

thank you

Message 1 of 20
Tutor

Re: dvr not working

I had the same problem.  The DVR missed recording three daily evening news shows and several dramas.  The record light was off when it should have been recording.  Pressing the record button did not work either.  I disconnected the power then reconnected and it started recording again immediately after reboot.  Obviously this was not a recording setup problem (i.e. operator error), so why did this happen?.

Message 16 of 20
Highlighted
ACE - Master

It was a glitch.  I had the same issue last week around Thursday.  I noticed none of my shows were recording.  Had to re-boot the DVR and all has been working fine since.  I had never had this happen before and I have had U-verse since March of '08.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 20
Contributor

Afew days ago the unit in our bedroom lost sound. I tried resetting and turning off power did not work. I then switched the unit from our family room and it worked. When I installed the other unit into the family room it do not respond. Now my main DVR in the living room does not work. It shows that it is recording programs but it will not pause or fast forward. Also when you try to watch recorded shows it says the unit is not responding. I tried to reser several times and no luck. I also powered down the main box next to my computer and reboted. Still no DVR. 

Message 18 of 20
Contributor

We have an Arris VIP2250 settop box with our uverse account. Pathetic piece of equipment.  The DVR functions hang every other day or so - recording, pausing, etc. Yes, rebooting it "fixes" the problem.  No wonder Apple sells as many products. I've rebooted an iPhone 3 times in 7 years; I reboot my settop box at least once per week. 

Message 19 of 20
ACE - Expert

You should call in for repair. The problem could be anywhere. U-verse service can work with virtually no problems.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us!

Additional Support