noodles0589's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, December 10th, 2011 2:27 AM

connecting a Uverse box to Panasonic TC-L37U3 TV

I just got a new 37 inch Panasonic Viera (TC-L37U3) and I am trying to connect it with an HDMI cable. When the HDMI cable is the only cable connected to the TV, I get no signal. The box is good, I had the ATT phone support check the box. The HD light comes on  when the box is connected with the HDMI cable. I have follwed all of Panasonic's manaual and over the phone support to get the TV to get the signal, they are stumped I am too.Anybody have any experience with these TVs? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

Did you use the input button to select HDMI1?
Check the viera button to be sure vierra link is off.

Make sure you are not in photo mode.

Can you get any over the air channels? When you press menu on the TV remote dose the menu display?

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

It could be that the hdmi cable is bad.  I suggest you press the input button on the tv to make sure you have selected the correct hdmi input.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

12 years ago

Do you have another HDMI cable you can use as an installer I have never run into a Panasonic Uverse issue with HDMI with the exception of a bad cable thats why we test

the cable prior to instalation. Also plug it in another HDMI port on the TV just to rule out a bad port and if all else fails use the cable to try a different device such as a Blu-Ray player or laptop with HDMI out.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

I am looking at a Panasonic connected to the computer via HDMI2. The blue HDMI light on the STB connected to HDMI1 is out. While I was watching a TV program the light was lit.

You could be on the wrong input, but the light should be out. Must be a bad cable.

How about changing the aspect in the STB to SD & back again.

How about disconnecting the HDMI, rebooting the STB and then connect the HDMI with the TV off then turn it on.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I did reboot the box. I did go exchange the cable for new one. Same results. 

I am connecting tot the HDMI 1 port on the TV and have tried every start up connection and port label Panasonic offers (Antenna, Cable, Not used, etc.) nothing has worked.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

THE VIERRA MODE!!!!! That did it!!! Thanks so much!!!!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

How do yo spell YAY? I'll stick with GRREEEAAATTT!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

noodles0589 - I was thinking about this viera mode - Seems like the set should not have shipped ( & usually does not ship) with this setting.

Is the setting universal? Or, is it per input?

If universal, seems like a non-viera device should work set either way.

You say phone support could not help. Was that Panasonic support? If so maybe you should call them back & have them add the fix to their script.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Having same issues as you... with uverse wireless box. I have turned off mode you said worked... what were your other settings and did you have any other cables going from box to tv other than the hdmi?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a Panasonic HD Plasma purchased in 2007 TH-50PX75U

Had AT&T cable box installed within the last month.

When up use the remote the TV does not respond. You have to push the buttons repeatedly.  It would appear the cable box is not responding to the remote however the light on the cable box is blinking every time the buttons are depressed. In addition:  we tested hooking up another tv the remote and the box worked fine.

We had AT&T change the box and remote with no change. Just stated the problem was the TV and left.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.