bettyhagan's profile

Traveler

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 27th, 2014 1:49 PM

Closed

censorship?????

Why were the Grammys blacked out during the Same Love number??????

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@bettyhagan wrote:
Yes, the whole thing, it went black just before it started and didn't come back on until the commercial afterward was on. It wasn't the CBS affiliate because my neighbors with Bright House saw it.
And I know I can watch it on YouTube, that's not the point. I don't want my cable provider deciding what's inappropriate.

If you have Uverse TV service, your "cable provider" didn't do it because I saw it on MY Uverse feed...uncensored.

And you're welcome. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

The entire thing? The mass wedding, Madonna...the whole thing? 

It must've been your local CBS affiliate because it wasn't blacked out where I am (Madonna, ditch the cane)

Traveler

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, the whole thing, it went black just before it started and didn't come back on until the commercial afterward was on. It wasn't the CBS affiliate because my neighbors with Bright House saw it.
And I know I can watch it on YouTube, that's not the point. I don't want my cable provider deciding what's inappropriate.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

bettyhagan - If you lost picture, it may have been an HDMI failure. Did you have sound?? If so, the STB did not see the copyright protection key from the TV and shut down the video.

If it happens again. Change channels to see if it is the whole feed or just the channel.

Traveler

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Other Uverse subscribers in my area experienced the same thing. AT&T has contacted me and said it was not intentional. Just seemed very odd that was the only thing blacked out, no sound either and no other channels were affected. Maybe I'm being paranoid but it seems an odd coincidence.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

@bettyhagan wrote:
Other Uverse subscribers in my area experienced the same thing. AT&T has contacted me and said it was not intentional. Just seemed very odd that was the only thing blacked out, no sound either and no other channels were affected. Maybe I'm being paranoid but it seems an odd coincidence.

Must have been some issue in your local area.  I also saw it here in Dallas.  I doubt that AT&T singled out your market to censor the peformance.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

It's possible that local weather might have fouled up some piece of equipment...Next time you see something funky, the best thing to do is to change the channel. If it happens on more than one channel, it's either with AT&T or at your premises. If it happens just on the one channel, it's something AT&T has no control over as that would be a problem specific to that channel.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

3 years ago

@kjbjkt11   You have resurrected a 7 year old thread. 

It will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.