Explore & discover

Helpful Links

cant get closed captions to work.

cant get closed captions to work.

I have tried to turn my closed captioning on but it doesn't come up. All settings that I accessed via the remote control from AT&T and the one from Vizio my TV indicate CC is on. Still nothing. Help... I am a senior widow, live alone & hard of hearing & don't read lips.  I like to watch TV quite a bit. I moved recently. It was working at my other house. ATT installed it here but I can't get it to work. Same TV. Thank you.

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎12-22-2017 1:24 PM

Re: cant get closed captions to work.

Reboot the box.  Hold the oval button on the front left of the box until it starts flashing.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4

Two days of trying. Over & over. Moving HDMI cord to other input spaces.... 15 mins on hold at Tech Support & while I was waiting I saw your response & tried it... As the tech support came on the line ... YOUR SOLUTION WORKED... THANK YOU THANK YOU....

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

When in doubt, reboot!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support