beIN Sports Package Change? Free Preview or ???

ACE - Master

beIN Sports Package Change? Free Preview or ???

While flipping through the sports channels, I noticed that I now get beIN sports on 662/1662, 663/1663 and 664/1664 (no 3D TV in dhascall's household Smiley Happy).  I have U300 + HD PT but no Sports Pak.  Did they change packages, is this a free preview or what?

I'm decidedly not a soccer fan but "The Locker-Room" show that had the bit showing the goalie that kicked off into the wind and it sailed back into his own goal, was too funny.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 14 (3,386 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: beIN Sports Package Change? Free Preview or ???

I guess we'll know soon.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 14 (3,341 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Must be a Sports Pack preview as I have a bunch more that I don't usually get, such as CBS Sports and Outdoor Channel. Sadly,  I bet it'll be gone in a few days. 

Message 3 of 14 (3,321 Views)

Well if you want it, just add the Sports Pack. It's not that expensive. Just a mere extra 10 bucks a month I think? That won't break too many people.
Message 4 of 14 (3,316 Views)
ACE - Master

codycooper864 wrote:
Well if you want it, just add the Sports Pack. It's not that expensive. Just a mere extra 10 bucks a month I think? That won't break too many people.

$120/year is a fairly big expense.  Yeah it does work out to only a few cents a day but when my bill (even with promo's) is already at the max, every dollar counts.

I was just pointing out what I found (re: beIN Sports was viewable where it wasn't before).

Message 5 of 14 (3,295 Views)
ACE - Professor

It must be an odd preview. It doesn't include PAC12 channels or Buzzer Beater. Too bad AT&T never announces these things. If they did, they might actually get more viewers to tune in, which could mean more $$$.
Message 6 of 14 (3,284 Views)
ACE - Professor

I also canceled my HD Premium on Sunday, following the conclusion of RedZone. I noticed last night that I still get the channels. I remember a similar free preview last year. I didn't know of the preview, called in, thought I was still paying for it, and got credit as if the cancel order didn't go through.
Message 7 of 14 (3,282 Views)
Scholar

There's a free preview of the HD Premium Pack (the one with the sports networks, Palladia, Funimation, Havoc, etc) from 12-30 until 1-5

Message 8 of 14 (3,251 Views)
ACE - Master

jeremy1069fm wrote:

There's a free preview of the HD Premium Pack (actually HD Premium Tier is the correct package name) the one with the sports networks, Palladia, Funimation, Havoc, etc) from 12-30 until 1-5

It must be more of a preview than that, as I already get the HD Premium Tier.  1662, 1664, 1643 are not part of that nor is 662, 663, 643 and so on.  BUT, I never recall seeing notice of that, anywhere.  Once again, they turn something on and we get an "I forgot to send out the news release." Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 14 (3,237 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author dhascall
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

Okay, solved: It is part of a Free HD Preview, 12/30 to 1/5.  It includes more than just the HD Premium Tier.  It used to only include channels that you subscribed to but hey, I'll take it!  Thank to jeremy1069fm for directing me to scope it out, via channel 400.

NOTE: This preview does not include HBO, Cinemax and Lifetime RW HD (1364), unless you already subscribe to U-450 but no HD.  Confusing.

Message 10 of 14 (3,230 Views)

Is Lifetime RW HD available? I get U-450 plus the HD Premium Tier but I only get an SD version of that channel on 364. 1364 does not show up in my guide.
Message 11 of 14 (3,180 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

codycooper864 wrote:
Is Lifetime RW HD available? I get U-450 plus the HD Premium Tier but I only get an SD version of that channel on 364. 1364 does not show up in my guide.

No HD version of that channel exists.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-upda...

Message 12 of 14 (3,176 Views)

Thanks, TG. I did not think It was available.
Message 13 of 14 (3,167 Views)
ACE - Master

My bad - no 1364.  

Message 14 of 14 (3,088 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.