stinkskunk's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 1:07 PM

baby TV channels not available any longer starting 1/1/2014

it appears babytv (330) and baby first is no longer available, at least in my area (Birmingham, AL) . i chatted and confirmed. Thanks for the heads up ATT. I have a son who's on the autism spectrum. Needless to say it didn't make for a good start to the new year for him to wake up and not have the channel he's accustomed to seeing in the morning. ugh.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Here is the info on Baby First TV:

BabyFirst, the child development TV network devoted to delivering high-quality child development programming to tots and their parents, makes its debut on AT&T U-verse® TV Sept. 30.* Aaron Slator, President, Content and Advertising, AT&T, and Guy Oranim, Chief Executive Officer of BabyFirst made the announcement Thursday.

The award-winning network will be included in the U-family and U300 packages and above, reaching more than 3 million homes. It will be available on Channel 310 in Standard Definition.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24835&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=37031

And BabyTV

BABYTV LAUNCHES ON AT&T U-VERSE

July 10, 2013

Network Available on U-family Package Channel 330

What is strange is it says it's only available on the U-family package, at least everywhere I looked on google.  I guess that backs up what ACE - Professor dwinth posted about the notice  "Effective December 6, Baby TV (channel 330) will no longer be available in U100 and above packages.".                 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

The November, 2013, Special Carriage Agreement Notice states "Effective December 6, Baby TV (channel 330) will no longer be available in U100 and above packages."  Did you have Baby TV up until today? I wonder if the deadline was extended to December 31?

I do not think U-Verse ever had Baby First TV.

I just checked here in St. Louis, and it is still on. Perhaps, it will be pulled some time during the day.  I have U-450, so I should not be getting it at all, either. I wonder if the wording on the Carriage Agreement Notice is wrong, and should say "U-100 and below."

Do you have U-100 or below? I understand your need for this channel.

There was a thread about this started by Texasguy on November 1, 2013.   

http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/uverse-Uverse_TV_Programming/message-id/107618/print-single-message/false/page/1

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

I just checked, and I do have Baby First TV, which is still on my U-450. I never knew we had the channel. As I said about Baby TV, perhaps Baby First TV has not been pulled in St. Louis yet.

I still think there is an error in the Carriage Agreement Notice. I have U-450, and both are still one. According to the information that you posted, I should have never had either channel.

Again, why was it still on U-450 today and the original poster's package up until today, when it was supposed to have been pulled on December 6?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

I still have Baby First TV in my area i have U 300 package i wounder since Uverse added BF back in Sept that Baby TV was temperairy channel .

Scholar

• 

95 Messages

10 years ago

i am also in St. Louis and i do not have Baby First TV

I Have the U300 and HD PREMIMUM TIER

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I woke to the same thing this morning with no Baby TV in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area. After looking up the channel on the "New" Channel lineup it still shows Baby TV on the U200 package but after speaking to a ATT rep online She stated that the channel will only be available in the U450 package which is an extra $50 more than what i am currently paying. Very unhappy about it. Rep told me to go to http://uversechannels.att.com/ to request the channel be added back but when you select the channel Baby TV it still shows it being available under the U200. So thought ok ill downgrade to Ufamily to get the channel-nope that is a grandfathered package that no one can get anymore. so why show that package as an available choice if it is no longer available to anyone?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just spoke with someone about this as well.  I have U200, and I was told this:

AT&T is in the works with renegotiating terms in keeping the channel. For now the channel will be unavailable, at this time we do not have an estimated time frame for when an agreement will be reached.

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

Is Baby First only available in a few markets because i live in Georgia and its on our lineup here .

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

As soon as the calendar hit January, I saw a black screen on 330. I've been getting 310 for a while. I now see a "not subbed" blue screen on 330.

I doubt babies should be watching TV anyway.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

I have U-450 in St. Louis, and still have both stations. Evidentally, there was a delay in dropping the two channels because the original November, 2013, Carriage Agreement Notice gave a date of December 6, 2013, not December 31, to drop Baby TV. Baby First Tv was not even mentioned.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.