stinkskunk's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 1:07 PM

baby TV channels not available any longer starting 1/1/2014

it appears babytv (330) and baby first is no longer available, at least in my area (Birmingham, AL) . i chatted and confirmed. Thanks for the heads up ATT. I have a son who's on the autism spectrum. Needless to say it didn't make for a good start to the new year for him to wake up and not have the channel he's accustomed to seeing in the morning. ugh.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

These OPW's really are becoming ridiculous.

Hey, I wonder if that six-month-old will be HS class president at age 11. You never know.

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

10 years ago

I'm not a parent. But the use of the word Baby in the name of these programmers, for babies, is getting to be too much.

Baby First.

Baby TV.

Baby, It's Cold Outside.

Oh, my!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@daddydrew wrote:

Baby TV is still being offered in my area in the U-family package and the U450 package.  It amazes me the channel is only being offered in the low-end package and the higher package.  We're talking about a channel targeted at infants and young children, not a movie channel.  ugh!  my 6 month old is not going to be happy about missing out on "her stories", but I can't justify paying over $30.00 a month more for one channel.  Thank you for the sweet holiday gift, AT&T!

I will agree - the pairing of only U-Family and U-450 is one of the oddest package / placements that I have seen!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

Well, next time they offer a preview, record three hours of it and you'll be set! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

Well, next time they offer a preview, record three hours of it and you'll be set! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

You are too funny!

At any rate, I have not checked these channels out until this week, well actually only channel 310, since I'm too Middle Class to get ch. 330 Smiley Tongue.  At any rate, I'm 51 and I found the "moving blocks" on 310 to be very relaxing.  Smiley Happy  Now if I can just get someone to put me to bed and give me a bottle, I'd be fine.  Maybe filled with Kahlua and milk?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for your response. I will not argue someone elses opinions. I have a 3 year old and 4 month old. I enjoyed the classical bed time music and colorful videos for my baby and my eldest enjoyed seeing his brother content. As a parent, it is important to keep family life a consistent priority. I simply, as many parents on Facebook have stated, am disappointed with ATT's decision to remove a popular children's programming station.

(BTW- it's my 3 year old who wanted the dish back, so his brother could be happy.)

Scholar

• 

118 Messages

10 years ago

Baby TV I believe is part of Fox's European networks. Baby First TV is a completely different network. They were supposed to drop Baby TV awhile ago but both are still on here (With U-300) on Channel 310 (Baby First) and 330 (Baby TV) 

Very tranquil programming. Really good if you want to fall asleep. That's probably why a lot of this programming exists. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Brilliant idea, actually. Yesterday I had to downgrade from U-200 to U-Family just because of Baby TV channel. My 3 year old loves it for some reasons. So he clearly noticed when it was gone. In no way I am going to upgrade to U-450 and waste money on channels  I rarely watch just because of one channel, so I think I will follow your advice and DVR a few hours of Baby TV and just upgrade back U-200 or U-300. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

Lanadan -- When you downgrade, you may have to keep it for an entire month. I've heard of penalties for subscribers who don't keep a package for at least 30 days. When you upgrade, call the retention or sales departments and see what promos they have. Stay on top of the end dates or you'll get an unpleasant surprise when the promos end, as they all end without notice.

Jeremy -- Maybe that's my issue. I didn't think outside the box. You're right...the music was quite tranquil.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

Lanadan -- When you downgrade, you may have to keep it for an entire month. I've heard of penalties for subscribers who don't keep a package for at least 30 days(1). When you upgrade, call the retention or sales departments and see what promos they have. Stay on top of the end dates or you'll get an unpleasant surprise when the promos end, as they all end without notice.(2)

Jeremy -- Maybe that's my issue. I didn't think outside the box. You're right...the music was quite tranquil.

1. There are penalties for removing premium channels within 30 days. There's no penalty for upgrading.

2. All promotions end on the date specified by the promotion. If a promotion lasts for 6 months, then your notice that it expires in 6 months is given when you accept the promo. I believe you can also track this with your online account.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.