stinkskunk's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 1:07 PM

baby TV channels not available any longer starting 1/1/2014

it appears babytv (330) and baby first is no longer available, at least in my area (Birmingham, AL) . i chatted and confirmed. Thanks for the heads up ATT. I have a son who's on the autism spectrum. Needless to say it didn't make for a good start to the new year for him to wake up and not have the channel he's accustomed to seeing in the morning. ugh.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hello.

I am a long time ATT and recent ATT Uverse consumer. I signed up for a one year contract a few months back. Today my family and I have learned we have lost one of our favorite stations "Baby TV."

This is very disappointing. I was under the assumption when I agreed to a contract that it obligated ATT to one as well... maintaining my television lineup. When I signed on to Uverse, I had Baby TV. I really don't comprehend how it is just for ATT to simply drop a channel which was stated as being in my contracted line-up of stations. When Directv had a similar issue with the Sprout network, they listened to their consumers and allowed those who had the channel previously to continue watching it, and only the new contracts/consumers would be forced into a high rate package deal. Not that it was ideal, but it appeased their customers. Now ATT has removed the last of it's small child programming to the mass of its consumers. I have no Sprout, Baby tv, etc. I realize television is not the end all to life, but to small children it can feel like it. I ask you, for the children, to please bring back Baby Tv to consumers who have become loyal customers. Like most parents would agree, children can be blunt and brutally honest with their feelings; mine are asking me why we got rid of our satellite TV.  A year goes by so fast.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@vhein wrote:

Hello.

I am a long time ATT and recent ATT Uverse consumer. I signed up for a one year contract a few months back. Today my family and I have learned we have lost one of our favorite stations "Baby TV."

This is very disappointing. I was under the assumption when I agreed to a contract that it obligated ATT to one as well... maintaining my television lineup. When I signed on to Uverse, I had Baby TV. I really don't comprehend how it is just for ATT to simply drop a channel which was stated as being in my contracted line-up of stations. When Directv had a similar issue with the Sprout network, they listened to their consumers and allowed those who had the channel previously to continue watching it, and only the new contracts/consumers would be forced into a high rate package deal. Not that it was ideal, but it appeased their customers. Now ATT has removed the last of it's small child programming to the mass of its consumers. I have no Sprout, Baby tv, etc. I realize television is not the end all to life, but to small children it can feel like it. I ask you, for the children, to please bring back Baby Tv to consumers who have become loyal customers. Like most parents would agree, children can be blunt and brutally honest with their feelings; mine are asking me why we got rid of our satellite TV.  A year goes by so fast.

As far as I can tell, Uverse still offers Sprout and Baby First TV. 

As far as channels being dropped, the providers (e.g. Fox networks, in the case of Baby TV) make the decision as to what providers can carry their channel in exchange for a certain amount of money. Both the providers and the TV company (e.g. Uverse) have to come to a mutually beneficial agreement for content to be available).

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

Baby First is still on here in Georgia i knew about Baby TV going away i think there is confusion between the two channels .

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

Has anyone here really watched the channel? There is no real content to the shows on Baby TV. Your baby would get as much out of this channel if you put a lava lamp and a dozen butterflies in their room while playing twinkle twinkle little star on repeat.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@vhein wrote:

Hello.

So your kids enjoy BabyTV, yet also understand the differences between satellite and U-Verse?

As others have said, AT&T is under no obligation to offer a certain channel. You even touched upon this when you mentioned Sprout.

You signed up for a contract, yet if "a year goes by so fast"...well, that sounds familiar! I guess you won't have to wait too long, huh? OTOH, many providers offer cash incentives to switch. Maybe DirecTV's "new customer rebate" would offset AT&T's contract cancellation penalty?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@vhein wrote:

Hello.

If your kids are asking about Baby TV, then they're too old ot be watching this channel. This channel doesn't offer much in terms of educating the child like Baby First. All it does is show off shapes and sounds with lullaby background music.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@vhein wrote:

Hello.

vhein: When you sign a contract for a year with AT&T U-Verse for a year, AT&T is not under any obligation to maintain the same television lineup during the duration of your contract. That would be totally impractical considering AT&T would have to do the same thing with every U-Verse customer.

Please read Section 8 of the AT&T Terms of Service:

INTERRUPTIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE

Service may be temporarily interrupted or otherwise limited for a variety of reasons; some beyond the control of AT&T. AT&T reserves the right to refuse credit allowances for interruptions of Service. AT&T also reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, at any time and from time to time, the Services (or any function or feature of the Services or any part thereof) without liability. You acknowledge that AT&T may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation, the limits set forth in the attached Schedule 1 and Schedule 2.

IP Network Interruptions. You acknowledge and understand that the Services will not function in the event of an IP network interruption.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp

I hope you will come back to the forum to comment.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

If we didn't cause the OPW to run away, and if they decide to contribute more and come back, might I suggest channels 5123 or 5124?

I really do hope they come back.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Baby TV is still being offered in my area in the U-family package and the U450 package.  It amazes me the channel is only being offered in the low-end package and the higher package.  We're talking about a channel targeted at infants and young children, not a movie channel.  ugh!  my 6 month old is not going to be happy about missing out on "her stories", but I can't justify paying over $30.00 a month more for one channel.  Thank you for the sweet holiday gift, AT&T!

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@daddydrew wrote:

Baby TV is still being offered in my area in the U-family package and the U450 package.  It amazes me the channel is only being offered in the low-end package and the higher package.  We're talking about a channel targeted at infants and young children, not a movie channel.  ugh!  my 6 month old is not going to be happy about missing out on "her stories", but I can't justify paying over $30.00 a month more for one channel.  Thank you for the sweet holiday gift, AT&T!

Your 6 month old can comprehend what's on TV and what channel you're watching? You must have a wunderkind.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.