Explore & discover

Helpful Links

always deleting channels

Contributor

always deleting channels

why do I always have to delete channels,I have four tv's and it takes alot of time to go thru the channel selection.They throw in channels like santa tracker,how to join the army etc,etc.But when they have a free weekend of HBO I must add those channels if I want them to show up on the giude!This is very frustrating with four Tv's to keep current.Are their others who are just as tired of this as I am?And what can be done about it .Does ATT listen?

1,444 Views
Message 1 of 12
Expert

Re: always deleting channels


@pol555nv wrote:

why do I always have to delete channels,I have four tv's and it takes alot of time to go thru the channel selection.They throw in channels like santa tracker,how to join the army etc,etc.But when they have a free weekend of HBO I must add those channels if I want them to show up on the giude!This is very frustrating with four Tv's to keep current.Are their others who are just as tired of this as I am?And what can be done about it .Does ATT listen?


That's the way Media Room is built, so there'd have to be a change there to do that.  Sometimes they do leave the channels for you to opt-in.

 

Remember in the Hide Channels app, you can just plug in the channel # to jump to it.  Doesn't say you can, but we were complaining about it and they added it about a year ago or so. Smiley Very Happy

 

Chris
__________________________________________________________

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 2 of 12
Contributor

Re: always deleting channels

Looking forward to trying that,Tkank You

Message 3 of 12
Expert

Re: always deleting channels


@pol555nv wrote:

why do I always have to delete channels,I have four tv's and it takes alot of time to go thru the channel selection.They throw in channels like santa tracker,how to join the army etc,etc.But when they have a free weekend of HBO I must add those channels if I want them to show up on the giude!This is very frustrating with four Tv's to keep current.Are their others who are just as tired of this as I am?And what can be done about it .Does ATT listen?


Why would that be frustrating?  If you have hidden those channels on your individual U-verse receivers, why would you expect them to appear in your Guide?  People don't only hide channels that they are not subscribed to.

Message 4 of 12
Contributor

Re: always deleting channels

I don't expect them to return but they do.How many times must I hide the Rosetta stone channel,both on SD and HD. The Lexus experience etc.Every time they have a new advertisement these channels get unhidden and you must go thru the whole game of hiding those channels again.Not fun on one receiver,but worse on four.And yes I know that they make money forcing these channels upon us,but enough is enough.
Message 5 of 12
Expert

Re: always deleting channels


@pol555nv wrote:
I don't expect them to return but they do.How many times must I hide the Rosetta stone channel,both on SD and HD. The Lexus experience etc.Every time they have a new advertisement these channels get unhidden and you must go thru the whole game of hiding those channels again.Not fun on one receiver,but worse on four.And yes I know that they make money forcing these channels upon us,but enough is enough.

I've had them pop-up again and know I hid them the first time. Smiley Mad

 

Chris
__________________________________________________________

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 6 of 12
ACE - Expert

Re: always deleting channels

I never had this problem with Charter.

 

Oh, wait... Charter didn't let me hide channels at all.

 

I know, let's ask AT&T to remove the feature for hiding channels, then this won't be an issue for you.  I remember that for a while they disabled the hiding of some of these advertising channels; didn't like that much.

 

 

 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 12
Expert

Re: always deleting channels


@JefferMC wrote:

I never had this problem with Charter.

 

Oh, wait... Charter didn't let me hide channels at all.

 

I know, let's ask AT&T to remove the feature for hiding channels, then this won't be an issue for you.  I remember that for a while they disabled the hiding of some of these advertising channels; didn't like that much. 


Using the words of Skeeterintexas, some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

Message 8 of 12
ACE - Expert

Re: always deleting channels


texasguy37 wrote

Using the words of Skeeterintexas, some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.


truth.png

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 12
Professor

Re: always deleting channels


@skeeterintexas wrote:

texasguy37 wrote

Using the words of Skeeterintexas, some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.


truth.png


And still others will complain about the fact that they have absolutly nothing to complain about...

Message 10 of 12
Highlighted
Guru

Re: always deleting channels


@Tigereyze209 wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

texasguy37 wrote

Using the words of Skeeterintexas, some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.


truth.png


And still others will complain about the fact that they have absolutly nothing to complain about...


And some others would complain if AT&T gave them free GigaPower Smiley Surprised

Message 11 of 12
Scholar

Re: always deleting channels

do like me......i have u300 so i get the movie pack...except HBO and EPIX...well i leave 1 HBO and 1 EPIX channel unhidden .....so when there is a free preview...i can go and add the others

Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support