For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Larston's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 1st, 2019 3:18 PM

access smart tv using att remote

How do I access the smart tv using my att remote?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I would interpret that as you don't need any other remote for the standard tv functions only (on/off, volume, maybe input).  You cannot find additional smart tv functions on the att remotes because there isn't any.  The S30 remote is essentially a S20 remote but with backlit keys.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Read the remote's user manual on how to program your remote for your tv (appropriate pdf can be downloaded from here).  Basically all the att remote is going to to do is to be able to control on/off and volume. (maybe mute too).  Anything else is a bonus (e.g., switching inputs).  So keep your tv's remote nearby for its additional functions.  For those you need to read your tv's user manual.

The idea is for tv you use the att remote since it is the att dvr or receiver your are mostly controlling.   When you push the power button on the att remote then you are controlling both the dvr/receiver and the tv.  Volume is usually through the tv so the att remote controls that as well.  Any additional functions (e.g., the "smart" tv's functions to use the internet) are not the uverse remote's responsibility.

Note there is the possibility you may not even be able to find a proper code for your tv to program the uverse remote.  In that case you will need to try to google search for it.  Even then you might not find one.  In that case you would need to use your tv's remote for all tv functions (on/off/volume).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Well, recently I had a technician out to update my equipment. He changed
all remotes to the newest (backlit), programmed all of the tv's and told me
I did not need any other remote. I could swear (as he was doing all this)
that it included the smart tv options however, for the life of me, I was
unable to find where to access the smart tv options.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.