phoenixdove's profile

Observer

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 19th, 2014 1:38 AM

Xfinity Internet with Uverse TV?

I have Uverse internet and Uverse TV. Internet is unreliable and slow.  I'm considering switching to Comcast Xfinity but only for the internet.  Does anyone know if you can use Xfinity internet with Uverse TV?  I want to still be able to use my wireless TV capabilities.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Sure you can use any internet provider, but certain Uverse TV functions will not work such as any apps, or any Uverse TV functions that require internet access.  If you have a smart TV that uses a wireless (or hardwired) connection to access the internet it will not care as long as it gets configued to the new Xfinity router.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

phoenixdove - Life is so complicated. By wireless TV you mean wireless STBs. Yes, these are part of the TV service that would continue.

As BB points out some internet access to TV will not work. But, what will? If you have u300 or 450 you should have internet access to those channel go systems. Same for ESPN. But, who knows what lurks in your way. If you do it post what you can access.

I do not know what the least expensive u-verse internet is, but you could keep that & go for higher speed x-finity.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

Comcast internet would get you ESPN3, which is live events before 6pm local time weekdays and before noon local time weekends.

It would not get you WatchESPN which is ESPN, ESPN2HD, ESPN News 24/7 streaming.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:
Comcast internet would get you ESPN3, which is live events before 6pm local time weekdays and before noon local time weekends.

It would not get you WatchESPN which is ESPN, ESPN2HD, ESPN News 24/7 streaming.

I believe that he could use Watch ESPN since that is tied to your TV service, not your Internet provider.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@americangame wrote:

I believe that he could use Watch ESPN since that is tied to your TV service, not your Internet provider.

However, since I think you have to identify yourself to WatchESPN with an AT&T login, and you don't get an AT&T login associated with your U-verse account unless you have U-verse HSI, I think you'd be high and dry on this.  Unless... you get to keep your ID after disconnecting HSI.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

@americangame wrote:

However, since I think you have to identify yourself to WatchESPN with an AT&T login, and you don't get an AT&T login associated with your U-verse account unless you have U-verse HSI, I think you'd be high and dry on this.  Unless... you get to keep your ID after disconnecting HSI.

You get an AT&T id if you subscribe to any of their services, even TV only.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

@americangame wrote:

I'm sure AT&T would disconnect your ID.

That does bring up an interesting point though. I always thought you needed the ISP and TV to match...but a few press releases regarding Time Warner and Comcast suggest you just need the TV provider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WatchESPN#Distribution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@JefferMC wrote:

@americangame wrote:

I'm sure AT&T would disconnect your ID.

That does bring up an interesting point though. I always thought you needed the ISP and TV to match...but a few press releases regarding Time Warner and Comcast suggest you just need the TV provider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WatchESPN#Distribution

They won't disconnect your ID. The ID is needed to manage and modify your account online. As long as you have an active account with AT&T, the ID will be active.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

You're right. I was thinking about how I dumped TW internet and TV when I came over. They cut my email address fast (despite the fact they said they'd keep it active for a while for forwarding purposes.)

And... if you go to watchespn.com, apparently you can click through to AT&T's site and create a free account. I haven't tried though.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.