For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
lwoxen_1's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 7:04 PM

My AT&T wireless receiver keeps losing signal when connecting to access point

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm having issues while watching DVR'ed programs using my wireless receiver. This morning alone I got an error message 5 times about a network problem occurring. I noticed intermittently when this happens, the green signal bars will disappear and then reappear. Very frustrating to deal with.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I too have previously posted the very same issue with my Cisco AP having issues keeping my living room wireless receiver connected. Tech came out and replaced the Cisco AP with a Motorola AP. Seemed to do better for a few days but I am right back where I started. Any suggestions? Getting several dropped connections in an hour some nights. What seems strange though is when the picture freezes, I can change the channel quickly and change it back and it doesn't disconnect. You would think with as many posts as there are about this problem it would be addressed by now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Have this issue almost every night. If it's not this, then I'll get and HDMI error. Very frustrating.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Make them replace the gear.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I took care of the situation myself....I hardwired the wireless receiver.
No more disconnect. A few dollars worth of CAT-5 did the trick.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

All this troubleshooting is worthless, when you have the disconnect issue......it stays. I had every piece of Uverse equipment replaced twice, the modem and WAP, 3 times and still had multiple disconnects on the same Wireless Reciever (I have one that has continued to work flawlessly) everyday and night with at least 4 Technicians visits to my home to fix it. Finally after living with this issue for 8 months or so (issue started after almost 6 years of perfect service) I ran CAT-5 to the Wireless Reciever (Hardwired) and my issue is resolved. No more Wireless problems on that box.What I still have not figured out is when the disconnection would happen, the screen would freeze. As soon as that happened if you changed the channel up or down and back to the channel you were on the issue would resolve and you would not see a disconnect screen, (gray screen with numbers instructing how to reconnect) it would go back to what you were viewing and continue. Have really considered going to Charter as my provider, 60mbps internet vs. the 18mbps that is available in my area is tempting but Charter's Menus are about as Mickey Mouse as you can get. My In-Laws have Charter and they have not updated their menus (UI) in at least 10 years. I'm staying for now.......

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a Cisco wireless receiver that is constantly losing its signal. I have rebooted it but this does not solve the problem. Help, very annoying!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

It's a new DVD receiver and I get all bars and lights then it goes out and asks me to hold wps button for 10 seconds then press ok on receiver. Will not connect.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

How far away from the WAP is this Reciever?  How many walls?  Different floors?  Any large appliances in the line of sight?

How far away from the U-verse Gateway is the WAP?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I built a Pool House Near my house and was planning to use the wireless router for the TV.  When i did my test before the build a signal was picked up by the router, but when the build was complete the additional wall it has to penetrate it doesn't get a signal.  Can I get a booster for the TV signal?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.