lwoxen_1's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 7:04 PM

My AT&T wireless receiver keeps losing signal when connecting to access point

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Also having the same problem with Cisco AP. None of the listed solutions have helped. All give the same problem. Can I please get the Motorola WAP as well?? This is so frustrating!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

The ATT rep sent me a msg and I responded three times with the info she asked but it's taking forever to get a response. What's the deal?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi wrightperspective,

I'm sorry you experienced a delayed response while working with another representative. I will be glad to help you and move forward with a resolution. I sent you a private message to gather additional information and be able to assist.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I tried to email support, but when I hit send, nothing happened.  I've got the same issue as everyone else.  Replaced the WAP.  Removed the cordless phone from near the new WAP.  Reset the WAP.  Still no to horrible service on one of my wireless receivers.  It's odd since the one in the next room appears to have full bars while this one has only two.

Please have someone call me ASAP to figure out what can be done.  I wish they had hard wired everything like I requested when I got the service.

Morgan

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I tried to email support, but when I hit send, nothing happened.  I've got the same issue as everyone else.  Replaced the WAP.  Removed the cordless phone from near the new WAP.  Reset the WAP.  Still no to horrible service on one of my wireless receivers.  It's odd since the one in the next room appears to have full bars while this one has only two.

Please have someone call me ASAP to figure out what can be done.  I wish they had hard wired everything like I requested when I got the service.

I moved the boxes, and the one in the other room works in the living room now. 

Morgan

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @lawhorns04,

I am sorry about the issues you were having with your wireless receivers. I just wanted to check to see if you were able to get both receivers working. If not, let us know, and we will be glad to help.

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

No, my problem is not resolved.  Both receivers are showing green bars now, but they changed from red to green and back again as we tried to watch a show last night.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Sorry you are still having issues, but I will be glad to help. I will be sending you a private message to help further assist with this issue.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I too am having this issue where it disconnects from the DVR or the WAP at least once or twice a day, as most days i am only home in the evenings that is when i notice it, this has just recently started happenning with this frequency, it gets very annoying while watching a recorded show when it drops the link, I also have the CISCO WAP so would like to know how to get this corrected or replaced.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @whitesoxmj45,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your WAP, but I will be glad to help. I will be sending you a message to gather more information.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.