lwoxen_1's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 7:04 PM

My AT&T wireless receiver keeps losing signal when connecting to access point

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

Explorer

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I logged into the WAP yesterday and changed the channel, as I saw suggested in another post in this thread. So far, the problem hasn't resurfaced since. I this happens again, I will try your latest suggestion, and then proceed from there as warranted.

Thank you!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

I am glad everything is working great now. If you do run into any issues, feel free to reach out to us for help.

-David T

Explorer

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

The problem returned. It occurs most frequently at night (it was really bad last night, and but it's happening again this morning. It's affecting both of our wireless boxes now. We really need to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

I am sorry you are still having issues. I will continue this conversation over our previous private message to get this fixed for you. At this point, I think we may need to replace the equipment.

Thank you,

David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

What do I need to do to get the Motorola swapped in for my worthless Cisco AP?  I've been having the same sort of issues as described by the people on this thread, and it's getting irritating.  I've sat on hold a few times waiting for an agent, and when I finally get one, they check my settings, reboot my equipment and update my firmware.  They say that if it continues to happen, they'll send a tech out.  They told us last time they would call to follow up.  They did not.

Every single night, the picture freezes, the signal is lost, and we're told the connection has dropped from the AP.  We restart the receiver, and have to go through wireless setup 5-6 times to get it reconnected.  It always works... for another day or two.  Then it happens again, and I spend an hour trying to get it back.  I'm ready to throw these U-verse wireless receivers in the trash.  (Heck, one of them has had plastic rattling inside since we got it, so it's possible that it was someone else's return.)

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @KingArtX ,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your wireless receivers, but I will be glad to help. I will be sending you a private message to discuss this further.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This sounds like a common problem to me because it happens a lot to me too. Have had the problem for two years, sometimes I have to repeat the process 10 times before it works but now it simply stopped working. I took the wireless and set next to access point, rebooted and unplugged as suggested and will try one last time before my now preferred solution which is Comcast.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having this issue as well.  Have the receiver in our kids room and has no connection.  I've tried everything suggested, everything I could think of and nothing.  This has been an issue with U-Verse since we got the wireless system for our kids room.  Even the wifi on our router sucks!  They keep changing the channel of the router to see if that helps but honestly if I'm more than 15 feet away from it I have hardly a signal.  Just very frustrating and we have been with U-Verse for many years.  As you stated above.  Comcast is about to get a call.  I pay way to much for this much of a headache and inconvenience.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

We JUST got set up with UVERSE TV recently, coming from DirecTV and I am having major issues like the ones listed throughout this thread.  I would like someone to contact me about getting a Motorola WAP instead of the Cisco one that is giving me issues.  Thanks.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your U-verse services.

If the previous steps listed above have been exhausted and the TV receiver continues to malfunction please send a private message with your account number and contact details to ATTU-verseCare for further assistance.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.