lwoxen_1's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 7:04 PM

My AT&T wireless receiver keeps losing signal when connecting to access point

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @my2sons8791,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receivers, but I will be glad to help. Make sure the WAP is not sitting next to anything that could cause interference. Also, try disconnecting your DVR to see if you are still having problems. If so, try rebooting the DVR and U-verse router.

I will also send you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have a much similar problem with all of our TV's and computer! this is the second time I have had to write this post. I spent 30 minutes explaining our problems on this thread and LOST MY POST DUE TO INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE. Our TVs do the "lost connection" blue screen and we have to change the channel to change the channel back to what we were watching originally! We also get interruptions due to rain in our area, as well as minor interruptions during the rest of the our TV watching hours. We have had at least 8 service techs come out to troubleshoot (both inside and outside). The last outside tech said we were too far from the main box for our subdivision. Approx 1-1/2 miles. I believe this is two separate problems though.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @idputters,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your U-verse services, but I will be glad to help. Since your internet connection is going down also, it does sound like there is an issue with the signal coming to your house. I will be sending you a private message to assist with this issue further.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have similar issues to those described. The wireless connection to tv in bedroom stopped working. I have repeatedly done the above steps and always get: access point not found or connection error. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Tutor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Having the same issue as everyone else. We have had a service person out to the house and he did the power cycle of all the equipment and replaced the remote for some reason. After 2 days the problem returned and occurs at least once a day. We have an CISCO acces point. Today we called back to get this resolved and they said they would charge us $140 to come out again. This is unacceptable on so many levels. The entire reason we went with this wireless cable is because the service guy didn't want to run the cable and now you guys want to charge us to do the right thing and fix the problem. Please help us fix this really annoying problem.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

9 years ago

Ok. I have a Cisco Wireless receiver and I assume a Cisco WAP. I can watch TV just fine on the wireless, but DVR hangs, then plays 5 seconds, then hangs. It's unwatchable. The TV is upstairs directly above the router/WAP. The wireless router was put in so the installation would be easier...I didn't request it. However, if I can't watch DVR upstairs, I don't wanna pay for the extra receiver per month. Please advise. (We've done all the steps...still won't work.)

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @bigdog5142,

We will be happy to look into this for you and get this issue fixed.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

We were having problems with the coax. The technician came and swore the wireless wouled solve all the problems

Explorer

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Three out of the last four nights, right around 10pm, our wireless boxes have lost connection, often saying something about not knowing which WAP to connect to (we only have one). When we power cycle the router and WAP, it comes back. Now today it's been going out all day, forcing us to power cycle the router and WAP several times already.

We had problems in the past, but things have been working great for a few months. Why is this suddenly becoming a persistent problem now?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @TheWheelMan,

I am sorry about all the issues you are having. It sounds like there may be an issue with the WAP communicating with the devices. Try doing a full factory reset on the U-verse gateway by logging into the router at http://192.168.1.254 and going to the diagnostics page and doing a reset. If still having issues, it may be something wrong with the equipment, and we can definitely help get that fixed.

Thank you,

David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.