lwoxen_1's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 7:04 PM

My AT&T wireless receiver keeps losing signal when connecting to access point

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @bjurasz,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. One of the main reasons we use a secondary device for the wireless receivers is to isolate the traffic and interference to the receivers. The Wireless Access Point acts more as a repeater so the Quality of Service Control and routing protocols are still present, and it uses a different wireless frequency than most wireless devices.

We will be sending you a private message to gather more information to get this issue fixed for you.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the exact same problem. im on uverse, my wireless receiver loses signal!!! I have the new motorola wap. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I've been having the same problem consistently for the past several weeks. It seems to coincide with people performing downloads on PCs that are connected wirelessly to the network but it could be coincidence as my kids are constantly downloading stuff. I've tried all the tricks I know. Reboot network, reboot gateway to factory defaults, and changing the broadcast channels on the Cisco WAP. Please help.Not 100% sure it's not related to the DVR as it is one of the older ones and we don't seem to have as many issues with live television, mostly recorded content.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am also having this same problem. My Cisco AP lost connection to our WPS sometime last night. I have followed the steps recommended on screen, as well as attempted troubleshooting by reading the forums, and nothing works. It simply always fails to pair with the WPS now. Very aggravating. Can someone please assist me with this.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hello aladonn,

I'm sorry you are having difficulties with your equipment. I can help you restore the connection for the wireless receiver. Please send me your account information to determine if we need to replace your Wireless Access Point.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi! I have had Uverse service since May 2013, and have had no problems with the wireless receiver until this past weekend, when the receiver lost it's connection. I have rebooted the units (e.g. router, WAP and receiver)  multiple times and  I have tried moving the wireless receiver to another room that is within 10 feet of the Cisco WAP . The wirless signal indicator is 5 solid green "bars" and all I get is the AT&T Uverse logo on the screen and a continuous spinning arrow in the lower right hand corner. I also have tried changing the channel to 36 as was suggest in another post.  Could the Cisco WAP finally fail as was mentioned in other posts? How can I get the Motorola WAP to replace it?

Thanks! 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @ncrams151,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. We will send you a private message to gather more information and get that WAP replaced for you.

-David T

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I wonder why AT&T advertises a "wireless" service that barely works. I set everything up, and it worked for about 5 minutes before the connection was lost. The access point is about 20 feet from receiver with direct line of sight. Now the signal is out for 3-4 minutes for every minute that it actually works. Incredibly disappointed by AT&T's advertisements and employees suggesting that this is a viable option. Why come to market with something that clearly does not work well (based upon the numerous complaints that I've seen on this thread specifically). How close does it have to be to actually work? 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @Dank20 ,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. With a direct line of sight, the receiver should be able to easily go 20 feet. My receiver is about 20 feet away, but it has to go through 1 wall, and I have no issues. If you are noticing that the wireless bars on the receiver are below 3, then it may be an issue with the distance. Otherwise, there may be something that is causing interference or an issue with the equipment. Try rebooting the WAP and the wireless receiver by unplugging the power, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back. Make sure there are no other devices around that can cause issues with the wireless signal.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I too am having the same problem with the Cisco WAP.  I have two wireless receivers and three wired.  Obviously, the wired are fine.  Need some help AT&T!  Please respond.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.