lwoxen_1's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 7:04 PM

My AT&T wireless receiver keeps losing signal when connecting to access point

Have had one wireless receiver for some time (over a year) and still find that it loses connection to the access point almost every night.  We go through the process of power cycling both the access point and the wireless receiver and it usually works for the next 24 hours or so.  The access point is across the room about 15 feet with a direct line of sight between the two.  The access point is connected to the gateway via cat5 on s direct port (ie not through a switch).  I remember sometime back there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this, which I believe I got.  Is there a way to confirm the firmware version and update it, or does anyone have any other suggestions. 

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @dragonheart5,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having, but I will be glad to help. Since you have to constantly keep rebooting the modem, there may be an issue with the WAP communicating with the modem. Make sure the WAP is connected directly to the modem and not through another router. Also, if you have any 3rd party devices connected to your modem, disconnect it see if you still are running into the same problems.

Also, it may be an issue with defective equipment. I will be happy to assist with that and will have my team send you a private message.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Can someone from Att help me as well? Same issue it keeps losing connection and my actual DVR'd shows are having freezes/skips in it

didnt have this issue when I didn't have a wireless receiver 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @Prkelley1983,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. Our team will send you a private message to gather more information and work with you to getting this issue resolved.

-David T

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same problem with my VAP2500. I tried to login as suggested with the IP but the user name and password does not work, I get a login failed error message.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am extremely aggregated at AT&T and all of the wireless issues we are having. It seems to be like clock work when the wireless receivers lose connection. I have tried everything to resolve the problem myself but with no luck!
Here it is Friday and my receivers are not connecting. I have ask for help on the forums from several people, some being AT&T employees and no one has responded.
BTW, we are also using the username 97smiths.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @smith.infosystems,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your wireless receivers, but I definitely will be happy to help. One thing to try to get everything working once again is to unplug the power on the U-verse gateway, Wireless Access Point, and Wireless Receivers. After that, plug the power into the U-verse gateway first. After it has come up, plug in the power to the Wireless Access Point, and then the wireless receivers.

We will also send you a private message to gather more information to make sure that we get your issue fixed once and for all.

-David T

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for your response.  We have resolved the wireless access point problem.

I will send you a private message about the router set up.

Have a blessed weekend!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having the same issue. Please help! My wireless receivers freeze up and go offline constantly! 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @Kelleysimpson,

I am sorry for the issues you are having with your wireless receiver, but I will be glad to help. We will send you a private message to gather more information and help get this issue resolved.

-David T

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I'm having a similiar situation and its very frustrating.  Even once paired and the TV starts to work again the WAP still has blinking link and paired lights.  But what I really don't understand is why you need a special wireless router for the tv at all.  I've already got a wireless network transmitter.  Why in the world do I need a second one specifically for the TV system?  And guess what, I never have problems with a device connecting to my Apple base station, unlike my UVerse WAP.  😞

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.