Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Wireless DVR, not recording

Wireless DVR, not recording

Had an ATT&T tech come out today, as we lost our wireless sevice yesterday.  He replaced the modem, and one of 2 DVR receivers.  He left after 2 hours and everything was working fine.

Tried to record a program, and it froze with the message on the TV, "The DVR is working.  Please try agian".  Using my remote, any button I would hit would bring up the same message.  Could not even change the channel, as the message would come up.

Called my Tech, he said to unplug the Modem, and unpug the power source to the 2 DVR's, which I did.  The Modem powered up, all green, than I plugged in the DVR's one at a time.  I waited about 30 minutes to record, and sure enough, got the message on the TV, "The DVR is working, Please try again", and I cannot change the channel, or hit any button on my remote.  And the pause button bring up the message, "The pause command is temporarily unavailable. Try again".  This is coming up on the same channel, that has been on for an hour.

Message 1 of 6
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by dbennett01
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Wireless DVR, not recording

There is only one DVR, everything else is just receivers either hardwired or wireless.

As live TV is functioning properly recommend unplug all.

Perform a factory reset of the RG, plug in, depress reset button on back of RG for 15 seconds minimum, normally all lights flash, go out, then only power light... 

Once RG is up, give at least 5 minutes, maybe up to 20 if takes a software update and reboots, plug in DVR only, (in Motorola markets may have either 1216, 1225 or 2250), after 5 minutes verify DVR functions OK, then plug in a receiver give 5 minutes, then test...

If this does not resolve the issue, recommend a factory reset of the wireless receiver, using power, OK, down buttons... Hold all three, release power after 10 seconds, wait for front lights to flash three times, release OK, down... Will need to wait about 15 minutes before able to try.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Thanks, followed your instructions and it worked.  The service tech left the old DVR, when he replaced it.  Should I call him directly or should I contact AT&T?

Message 3 of 6

Sorry, he left a wireless receiver...

Message 4 of 6
Employee

Call the tech, as inventory item came of techs truck, the tech should turn in the original equipment.

If the tech fails to respond within a few days (tech gets days off too), then would contact the 800 number for instructions on returning the equipment. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6

Will do.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support