dopamine5ht's profile

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

Wednesday, August 14th, 2013 12:06 PM

Will I be able watch Al Jazeera America on Aug 20th and beyond?

I know that current tv is no more, and al jazzera america to go live. The question is will I be able to enjoy it. I have been looking forward to this adtion of news channels. In my view ABC* CNN* FOX* *NBC* is not enough.

I am hoping this channel goes live. Maybe some day I will get my wish in see BBCnews as well. I want  more news and less news entertainment.

Not that I want any of the other channels to go away. I just want more options. I like uverse dearly. I am still waiting the 1000's of channels everyone was dreaming about years ago.

I am still kind of irritated., and so is my family that although we enjoy our UVERSE TV. It is still does not live up to the ideal. Kids channels are great. The educational channels are still lacking. Dreaming of the day that we have something equivalant of BBC 4 here.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I, too, am disappointed and angry that AT&T is not showing Al Jazeera.  Who can we file our complaints with?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Who posted this lie on 8/14???

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@fthindal wrote:

Who posted this lie on 8/14???

What lie are you referring to? As subscribers, we assumed that U-Verse would broadcast Al Jazeera as it took the place of Current TV. We had no idea that there were negotiations going on that would lead to Al Jazeera not being on U-Verse.

No one lied to anyone. It was a wrong assumption on the part of the subscribers.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Demitri,

I agree with you commentary.

I wished we could see the dayly BBC from the UK, not the USA editorialized TV.

Also some other TV channels from all over the world will be helpful.

We would get some more unbiased news.

Unfortunately ATT belongs to the same catogory as news bringers.

paul van den muysenberg

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@pvmuysen wrote:

Demitri,

I agree with you commentary.

I wished we could see the dayly BBC from the UK, not the USA editorialized TV.

Also some other TV channels from all over the world will be helpful.

We would get some more unbiased news.

Unfortunately ATT belongs to the same catogory as news bringers.

paul van den muysenberg

Paul - you may be asking a lot of a TV Provider.  CNN International and a few other foreign language channels are all that
you would get anywhere.  A shortwave radio or audio / video streams from International broadcasters are better bets.

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

I don't care about this channel i never watched Current maybe new channel channel could be added in its place like the Blaze or BBC HD that's what i hope we can get .

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

That subscriber fee for Current TV is way off base. According to news articles that I read, the fee was 12 cents per subscriber. It was also speculated that Al Jazeera might initially drop that fee all together in order to gain widespread coverage of Al Jazeera America.

Guru

• 

594 Messages

11 years ago

Someone posted some information about this channel and some of the news anchors that will be featured on this channel.  I then did the appropriate research into these people and I simply rolled my eyes.

This channel isn't anything like what some people think that this channel is going to be.  If they think that this channel is going to provide a different viewpoint than say, MSNBC, CBS, or ABC News I've got some bottom land to sell you.  I just won't tell you what it's at the bottom of.

OK, so let's name off some of the news anchors that will be featured on Al Jazeera America.

One of the evening news shows features John Seigenthaler.  Where did he come from?  MSNBC.

Oh, and here's another known news person.  Joie Chenex CNN & CBS anchor.  Oh, and lookie here... Antonio Mora, ex ABC anchor.

Don't think for one second they aren't bringing their own bias to the news channel and the news programs that they host on it.  Same old news hacks that we see on American news outlets.

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

11 years ago

@trparky wrote:

Someone posted some information about this channel and some of the news anchors that will be featured on this channel.  I then did the appropriate research into these people and I simply rolled my eyes.

This channel isn't anything like what some people think that this channel is going to be.  If they think that this channel is going to provide a different viewpoint than say, MSNBC, CBS, or ABC News I've got some bottom land to sell you.  I just won't tell you what it's at the bottom of.

OK, so let's name off some of the news anchors that will be featured on Al Jazeera America.

One of the evening news shows features John Seigenthaler.  Where did he come from?  MSNBC.

Oh, and here's another known news person.  Joie Chenex CNN & CBS anchor.  Oh, and lookie here... Antonio Mora, ex ABC anchor.

Don't think for one second they aren't bringing their own bias to the news channel and the news programs that they host on it.  Same old news hacks that we see on American news outlets.

Or maybe there just is a huge desire for people to leave the major "news" outlets so that they can do real journalism instead of the lowest common denominator garbage that most American networks have devolved into.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@bailorg wrote:

@trparky wrote:

Or maybe there just is a huge desire for people to leave the major "news" outlets so that they can do real journalism instead of the lowest common denominator garbage that most American networks have devolved into.

It's probably about the $$$$ more than anything.  Al Jazeera probably wanted some anchors that people recognized and offered them more money than their prior network.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.