dopamine5ht's profile

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

Wednesday, August 14th, 2013 12:06 PM

Will I be able watch Al Jazeera America on Aug 20th and beyond?

I know that current tv is no more, and al jazzera america to go live. The question is will I be able to enjoy it. I have been looking forward to this adtion of news channels. In my view ABC* CNN* FOX* *NBC* is not enough.

I am hoping this channel goes live. Maybe some day I will get my wish in see BBCnews as well. I want  more news and less news entertainment.

Not that I want any of the other channels to go away. I just want more options. I like uverse dearly. I am still waiting the 1000's of channels everyone was dreaming about years ago.

I am still kind of irritated., and so is my family that although we enjoy our UVERSE TV. It is still does not live up to the ideal. Kids channels are great. The educational channels are still lacking. Dreaming of the day that we have something equivalant of BBC 4 here.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@SomeJoe7777 wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

If you owned a business. would you want your customers running your business instead of you running it yourself? Large or small business, the owners have the last say.

Not true.  At some point, if the corporation doesn't do what the customers want, they lose sales and eventually go bankrupt.  The final say is in the hands of the customers.

The final say is in the hands of the people running the corporation. However, I do agree with you that they can be and are greatly influenced by what their customers say and wish. The final contracts, business decisions, etc are made by the people running the corporation.

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

11 years ago

I still think not carrying this is somehow related to BeIN Sport, even though some think that is an unsubstantiated rumor. That is my firm opinion on why we don't see Al Jazera today. But it is just that, an OPINION. But I think I have some idea of the way AT&T operates. But maybe since Al Jazera wants to spread their programming across America and money is not their main goal right now people might be able to access Al Jazera America over the Internet like you can Al Jazera English. You might even be able to stream AJA to TV with Roku (like you can AJE now). There are often ways to get around the hardheadedness of AT&T if you look for them.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Look what happened to Hallmark, Hallmark Movies and Free Speech TV. AT&T, always looking out for their customer. Pfft. They don't listen. They are going to do what any big corporation wants to do, what they want to. The care has been removed from customer care, we're just customer's for as long as we put up with their shenanigans.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@changenthemidst wrote:
Look what happened to Hallmark, Hallmark Movies and Free Speech TV. AT&T, always looking out for their customer. Pfft. They don't listen. They are going to do what any big corporation wants to do, what they want to. The care has been removed from customer care, we're just customer's for as long as we put up with their shenanigans.

When was Free Speech TV on U-verse?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Can you be more specific about your answer "provided value for our customers and our business"? This is extremely dissapointing. AT&T is doing a disservice to our community by not airing Al Jazeera America. You are depriving your customers of high quality news, which is an asset more valuable than regular programming. The are no alternatives to  CNN, FOX, and MSNBC for a 24/7 news channel. AT&T has a moral obligation to broadcast the news so that the American people can stay informed about the crucial issues of our time. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

For the amount of money I'm paying each month for U-Verse, they should be carrying this channel.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Same here, randy, same here.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

WHAT? ATT will not carry Al Jazeera America?

Al Jazeera America is the biggest development in cable news programming in more than a decade and ATT is opting out? Your value-proposition just slipped about 20% in my opinion. You should be looking (investing) in FRESH programming options. YAWN at you ATT and this lame brain move.

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T is clearly in the wrong here. They need to do the right thing and offer their subscribers access to Al Jazera America and beIN. They are being stupid and childish.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

11 years ago

Oh I can switch to another provider and watch them if I want to. Don't tell me what not to plan on! It is not like I am forced to use U-Verse.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.