dopamine5ht's profile

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

Wednesday, August 14th, 2013 12:06 PM

Will I be able watch Al Jazeera America on Aug 20th and beyond?

I know that current tv is no more, and al jazzera america to go live. The question is will I be able to enjoy it. I have been looking forward to this adtion of news channels. In my view ABC* CNN* FOX* *NBC* is not enough.

I am hoping this channel goes live. Maybe some day I will get my wish in see BBCnews as well. I want  more news and less news entertainment.

Not that I want any of the other channels to go away. I just want more options. I like uverse dearly. I am still waiting the 1000's of channels everyone was dreaming about years ago.

I am still kind of irritated., and so is my family that although we enjoy our UVERSE TV. It is still does not live up to the ideal. Kids channels are great. The educational channels are still lacking. Dreaming of the day that we have something equivalant of BBC 4 here.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

I tried several St. Louis area zip codes, each one said "No channels found for your zip!" From this I would assume that Al Jazeera America will not be available nationwide on U-Verse.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

I just put in the Kirkwood zip, and a zip in South City and both said it is available on Uverse.

http://i.imgur.com/Xq8fy3J.png

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

I tried several St. Louis area zip codes, each one said "No channels found for your zip!" From this I would assume that Al Jazeera America will not be available nationwide on U-Verse.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

I just put in the Kirkwood zip, and a zip in South City and both said it is available on Uverse.

http://i.imgur.com/Xq8fy3J.png

I just tried Texasguy's link again, and now it shows that I can get Al Jazeera America. The web site must have been modified since this morning when I first tried it. I did the procedure just now exactly as I did it this morning.

http://america.aljazeera.com/tools/getajam.html

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@dwinth wrote:
I went to the Al Jazeera web site ( http://www.aljazeera.com/demandaljazeera/ ), and if the information is current, the channel is available only in New York, NY; Washington DC; Burlington, VT; Toledo, OH; and Bristol, RI.

Your link is to Al Jazeera English which is an existing channel and not the same as the new Al Jazeera America channel which launches on August 20th.

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

11 years ago

It is available in the Spartanburg, SC market on U-Verse on 189 according to that link and the program guide lists all of its shows for me. So I assume I will have it.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah, their zipcode thingy seemed broken, now it shows UVERSE on channel 189

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Fox,NBC,CNN & MSNBC are All pre-packaged news anyway !

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Current has gone dark on my feed with bad jazz and "Programming is no longer available"; guess we'll see at noon (Pacific) if the new channel is up. 🙂

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Great news, hope it stays that way!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

We dropped the Current TV channel, and will not carry Al Jazeera America, on U-verse due to contract disputes. We could not reach an agreement with the owner that we believe provided value for our customers and our business.

Well Dmitri , that is too bad.  I hope that AT&T had a contract dispute and not an ideological, one. Not going into a political debate, here but I have read/heard from multiple sources that Al Jazera is the least biased of any major news provider.  It's always good to be able to get differing viewpoints.   For years, I listened to shortwave (world band) radio as BBC, Deutsche Welle, Radio Canada International provided a different view on world news.  I hope that AT&T reconsiders as it would have been nice to watch, at least once.  Rethink Impossible?  Lol.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

I hope they can come to an agreement eventually, cause I am a little bit mad. I WANT more choices. BBC, AL JAZEERA. I would even cave and say the people can have there ENTERTAINMENT channel like the Blaze. Each channel adds more value, and more diverse opinions. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.