dopamine5ht's profile

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

Wednesday, August 14th, 2013 12:06 PM

Will I be able watch Al Jazeera America on Aug 20th and beyond?

I know that current tv is no more, and al jazzera america to go live. The question is will I be able to enjoy it. I have been looking forward to this adtion of news channels. In my view ABC* CNN* FOX* *NBC* is not enough.

I am hoping this channel goes live. Maybe some day I will get my wish in see BBCnews as well. I want  more news and less news entertainment.

Not that I want any of the other channels to go away. I just want more options. I like uverse dearly. I am still waiting the 1000's of channels everyone was dreaming about years ago.

I am still kind of irritated., and so is my family that although we enjoy our UVERSE TV. It is still does not live up to the ideal. Kids channels are great. The educational channels are still lacking. Dreaming of the day that we have something equivalant of BBC 4 here.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

We dropped the Current TV channel, and will not carry Al Jazeera America, on U-verse due to contract disputes. We could not reach an agreement with the owner that we believe provided value for our customers and our business.

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Enter your zip code in the link below:

http://america.aljazeera.com/tools/getajam.html

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

11 years ago

Yes. When Current TV transforms into Al Jazeera America at 3 PM Eastern time on August 20 you will be able to watch it on the same channel (189).

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@codycooper864 wrote:
Yes. When Current TV transforms into Al Jazeera America at 3 PM Eastern time on August 20 you will be able to watch it on the same channel (189).

Source? AT&T hasn't said one way or the other whether or not they are broadcasting.  New owners, new contract. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@codycooper864 wrote:

Source? AT&T hasn't said one way or the other whether or not they are broadcasting.  New owners, new contract. 

According to the link texasguy provided, it will be on channel 189 as anticipated.

Let the games begin....

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

Ok cool, good possibility then thank you. Crossing my fingers... and hoping for the best.Thanks everyone.

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:

@codycooper864 wrote:

According to the link texasguy provided, it will be on channel 189 as anticipated.

Let the games begin....

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:

@codycooper864 wrote:

Let the games begin....

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

I tried several St. Louis area zip codes, each one said "No channels found for your zip!" From this I would assume that Al Jazeera America will not be available nationwide on U-Verse.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

I tried several St. Louis area zip codes, each one said "No channels found for your zip!" From this I would assume that Al Jazeera America will not be available nationwide on U-Verse.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

That is odd since I put my zip in and it came up 189. 

I'm neither "yea or nay" on the channel.  I just think it's a good idea to have a choice.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

I just tried zip codes in the Chicago, Atlanta, and Dallas areas, and received the same message of "No channels found for your zip!".

I went to the Al Jazeera web site ( http://www.aljazeera.com/demandaljazeera/ ), and if the information is current, the channel is available only in New York, NY; Washington DC; Burlington, VT; Toledo, OH; and Bristol, RI.

Evidentally, a few zip codes in Texas, such as where SkeeterinTexas lives, will also have the channel on U-Verse.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

Weirdness....I went back and entered my zip again and it's says "No channels found in your zip!"

Second thoughts?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.