Melkin71's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 1:32 AM

Why doesnt Uverse offer the NHL Network when it carries NFL NBA AND MLB?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

The reason U-Verse does not offer the NHL Network is because the contract expired between the NHL and AT&T a couple of years ago. No agreement has been reached between the two entities since that time.

There is no other information to offer at this time.

This matter has been discussed ad nauseum, and the main thread concerning this matter was closed by the moderators two months ago.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

sounds like you heard from a lot of people expressing the very same thoughts.... with hockey being so popular, why don't you negotiate contract with NHL Network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@mypreciousmoments wrote:

sounds like you heard from a lot of people expressing the very same thoughts.... with hockey being so popular, why don't you negotiate contract with NHL Network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen a good steak knives moment in some time. Good job dwinth!

Scholar

• 

166 Messages

11 years ago

I'm guessing that with the lock out and the uncertainty of when they were giong to start the season, AT&T didn't see a need. Hopefully it gets added back before the start of the season. To be honest, with two local teams and 3-4 games a week on NBC/NBCSN I haven't really noticed, but it would be nice to have again. I remember they showed a lot of NHL preseason games before the 10-11 season.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

It was long before the lockout when ATT dropped the NHL Network. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@mypreciousmoments wrote:

I like the Red Wings, but really have no interest in any other team nowadays.  I've watched hockey for 57 years starting w/Hockey Night in Canada on Channel 9 here in metro Detroit.

Unluckily hockey is just a blip on most of the nation, but can guarantee hockey is big here in Detroit, also Boston and Chicago,  It's a minor blip in New York, other arenas I get a kick that there are more Red Wing fans than the local team. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Scholar

• 

166 Messages

11 years ago

They dropped it at the very beginning of the 11-12 season. What i posted above is my speculation as to why it was not added ebfore the 12-13 season and hopefully will be before the 13-14 season.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Think there's too many points they can't agree to, where to put it, fee per customer and whatever else.  Have a doubt if they're even talking at this time. 😉

Chris

Guru

• 

417 Messages

11 years ago

The popularity of Hockey is on the rise as evidenced by record ratings this year, but popularity must not have anything to do with the decision. After all, Time Warner went YEARS before adding the NFL network.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Hockey/td-p/3507715

It's amazing that people look back several months when there's a similar topic on one of the first two pages. :smileyconfused:

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.