For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
KimberlyE's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, March 13th, 2019 7:06 AM

Why do I lose service for 3 hours every night

67CDD2A5-9AB8-4E02-9396-C7AD885DEE50.jpegEvery night around 11p I lose svc for 3hs

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

5 years ago

If you haven’t already, do a whole house reboot. Unplug all stb’s and the gateway. Plug in the gateway and let it fully reboot. Then dvr, full reboot, each stb until all done. If you still get the problem. Unplug all stb’s except the dvr. See what happens over the next few days. If still happening, get a replacement gateway. If still happening after that, get a new dvr. 

Or as @_xyzzy_ said, call for a tech visit to check everything in the house. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Just to be clear here.   You moved the problem box and now the problem still continued on that same problem box but now in another room tv? The "good" box you moved into your room still has no problem?  If so while I can't imagine what could cause such a thing (some kind of interference that only that one receiver is sensitive to???) when in doubt, replace

It would be more interesting if the problem was still on the tv now attached to the "good" receiver now in your room.  That would point to some kind of (very) localized limited range interference (on some kind of timer) in that room.   That could be a harder problem to figure out since it's not a box problem.  I only bring this up to further support that your "yes" answer means that the problem follows only the one box no matter where it is moved to.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Did you try selecting the restart like it asked?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

trust me...this has been happening for 3 weeks,  I've done EVERYTHING that ATT troubleshooting has suggested X's 16

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

In that case call tech support (800-288-2020).

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

yes. Many many times. Just keeps looping back.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

UPDATE:

aasdfdsdf.JPGasdfafasdff.JPG   

Had an AT&T/ Universe tech come the other day.  OH BOY!  He moved the modem from above the entertainment area to the back of the tv.  I questioned how this is going to solve the issue with my connection in my room shutting itself down every night at exactly 11 pm and resume at exactly 2 am,  with the error message of " A network setting that has been changed?"  He had no answers and can't be here when it is happening so late in the evening.  He didn't even offer to install a new receiver to see if that would work.  

I offered to send him the screenshots above to possibly show his IT dept. He declined that offer.  

conclusion:  PROBLEM NOT RESOLVE. 

2 Attachments

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Do you still have an internet access during this time?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Not when I lose service at 11 pm. It does engage within minutes, but very bumpy.
Mind you, this only happens in my room. The other two units in the house never had a problem.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

The other two units in the house never had a problem.

If yours is not the dvr can you switch with one of the other non-dvr boxes to see if the problem is specific to the one box?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.