floweed's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 15th, 2015 2:06 AM

Why can't I watch recorded shows on other devices?

If I recorded shows on my TV, why can't I watch them on my iPad?  I even have a "watch" button, but clicking it does nothing.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Excuse me.   We don't care what AT&T is advertising.  We care about what we get for our money compared to what others provide.   Currently I'm getting much more capability from FIOS and for a lower monthly cost.   Note that both my FIOS and U Verse plans are past their introductory offers and have similar channel lineups.  

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

Certainly you have to make decisions on what gives you the best fit for your money.  But complaining that a service doesn't give you what it doesn't claim to give you is tilting at windmills.  If you like FIOS better, then by all means, use FIOS, since you seem to be one in the half-dozen or so neighborhoods in Dallas where you actually have that choice.

Oh, but wait... you're not in Dallas.  Hadn't heard that Verizon was expanding FIOS at all, let alone into AT&T U-verse territory outside of Dallas.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Maybe because att advertises you CAN, and the tech at the store argued with me, and INSISTED you can. He's wrong and here we are with att trying to get us U-verse people to switch to Direct tv, which att currently advertises you can watch your DVD shows from anywhere on any device.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, it was. That's how I found out about the app at the time. Now, att says the same about Direct tv, which is why I won't bother to switch to Direct, too much hassle.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I feal ceartain I was able to watch some of my DVR content away from home, just called my wife to figure out the problem she was felt certain there was limited access in the past. Calling customer support is worse there going to the dentist to have a tooth pulled. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

If been with U-verse For only one year and now we are getting people with the same high pressures sale techniques telling me they whant do away u verse because it's losing money . They want  me save $ 130.00 a month pull out all the new order sheets that my neighbors are doing this so should my family. Of course I'd would need to renew my 2 year contract with them I love large corporations! I bet they came to our house 10 times if after requesting the don't return to our house  same people same day.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

IM wondering the same thing. I can watch some of my recordings on my iPhone but here lately it's not even giving me the option. How do I watch them??

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Rp202605 wrote:
IM wondering the same thing. I can watch some of my recordings on my iPhone but here lately it's not even giving me the option. How do I watch them??

You are not watching your recordings.  You are watching On Demand content that just so happens to be available.

The ability to watch recordings from your DVR to other devices (phone/computer/tablet) has never been a feature of Uverse and still is not today.  You can "manage" recordings...just not watch recordings.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

7 years ago

To settle this issue, I bought a Slingbox. It installs between the STB and the TV as easy as a blu-ray player or any similar device. There is never a monthly fee, 100% legal, all that. There *is* about a 30-minute setup and install period, but it's relatively painless.

You go to their website (or download the app) and I have full access to my U-Verse TV via any internet connection anywhere in the world. It's really nice when you have two TVs in two separate rooms and want to keep tabs on two different channels at once. Put a laptop near your TV and boom. Two TVs side-by-side.

Keep in mind that when watching on 4G internet, your mobile data (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc) charges do apply.

It *does* take control of your TV, so it's recommended to install it on a second TV. If someone wants to use the main TV to watch U-Verse and someone else wants to watch the Slingbox, it would have to be the same channel.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

It advertised you can, even before att bought DTV. Was never able to get it to work.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.