Libra1076's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, August 22nd, 2014 4:57 AM

Where's all the HD I was promised

I was with Comcast before I made the switch to u verse and the salesman or who ever it is that goes door to door selling services, told me that I would have all the HD options I have now and not to mention, it would all be in a dazzling 1080, which he assured me Comcast doesn't provide with most the channels they offer. It seems to me I have less half the HD channels I had with Comcast.(I am referring to on demand) I never "did not find the HD show I was looking for with comcast", all my favorites were right there waiting for me in HD, might have been 720 but HD none the less. To be honest 1080 and 720 don't look a whole lot different on my flat screen. Definitely not a difference that would cause me to give up all my favorite shows in 720 for less than half in 1080. All the premium channels are in HD yes, and the networks in primetime section (fox, abc, nbc,). A whole 3 or 4 public networks! Just checked my on demand, it is only 3. And granted, there are a couple more but they're networks like the travel channel and cooking channel, really a bunch of crap 95% of the public don't watch,But all other networks, on demand, are in SD! (Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, all Disney channels, ESPN, FX, history channel, Nickelodeon, syfy, TBS, TNT, truTV, USA, VH1.) as a cable tv provider att should know that on demand is what most viewers watch when they're watching tv. It's a busy world with a lot of busy people and though the option for a DVR makes up for some of the lack of HD options, (because all these networks are available in HD as channels and can be recorded or watched) those who have a family with a number of people recording shows, conflicts in recording happen often. Not to mention the lack of content on these crappy SD channels. EXAMPLE: I navigated to Comedy Central (SD cause there's no HD) I chose tosh.0, as I hit OK a picture pops up as a DVD style cover with tosh and above him it says "Tosh.0 season 4". I again hit ok and all I get is season 3 with a whole 4 episodes to watch, and nothing current. Maybe it's a contract issue with the networks and att, I don't know but I know I didn't have that problem with comcast. If I missed an episode of tosh with comcast it was always available, at the least, the next day. I feel I was lied to. Not lied to because the seller was ignorant or unfamiliar with the service but lied to straight out to get my signature on that contract. I, having had comcast the day the att salesman was sitting on my sofa, ran through the on demand asking if all these channels where available in the 1080 he was promising. All he was saying was yes yes yes. I'm extremely disappointed in the service and offended by the deception. Now I'm stuck in this contract but will do every thing I can to get this contract void.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

This maybe a stupid question, but you do know the HD channels are in 1,000's, right? CNN SD is 202 HD it's 1202. Just want to make sure you are browsing the HD channels. U-Verse has the largest HD lineup of any service I have seen (Charter, Dish, Directv, Comcast).

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

TNT, TBS, Comcedy Central, etc. are ALL in HD.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@jhy1978 wrote:

TNT, TBS, Comcedy Central, etc. are ALL in HD.

Not in VOD, they are all SD only, that's what he is complaining about. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Libra1076 wrote:
And as I mentioned before, sometimes recording conflicts occur. There is 3 or 4 show I watch that come on around the 10:00 pm time slot, and I have to give up one to accommodated for another. And anyone who owns a HD TV can tell you that watching SD TV on an HD TV is worse than watching SD on an old tube style tv. It's much more grainy and seems to leave a tracer trail when the actors or characters move about.

I know I can record 4 HD progams at one time (WAN 0SD/4HD), once I had 5, so I chose the 'cable' channel program and manually recorded it at the later showing.

Anyone can do that, even Network programs are repeated sometimes on Sat nites, so they could be recorded then.

I record programs from 136 METV and have no quality problems on my Panasonic plasma, I even stretch them to fill up the screen.  No movement tracers here. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I watch premium on demand but that's all.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

Remember no matter who you subscribe to no one is ever truly satisfied. There will always be a problem with all service providers.

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

10 years ago

If one strictly compares Comcast to AT&T U-verse, what I think AT&T definitely does right (not the only thing right!) is having its national channels lineup available nationally. Comcast is inconsistent. For example: In major markets in the midwest, say with Chicago and Detroit, one market [Chicago] barely has premium movie programmers in HD while the other [Detroit] is rather extensive. AT&T U-verse doesn't operate on such split system.

Many a thread have been presented in which people would claim (factual or fictional) to have signed on as a new subscriber to a MSO. The same advice, and it appears advice is necessary, is encouaged: Please do your research. (I'm especially aiming this at those still having a revelation with the fact that AT&T U-verse does not carry Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel. August 31 will mark the fourth anniversary of this status.)

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@LoveHD wrote:

If one strictly compares Comcast to AT&T U-verse, what I think AT&T definitely does right (not the only thing right!) is having its national channels lineup available nationally. Comcast is inconsistent. For example: In major markets in the midwest, say with Chicago and Detroit, one market [Chicago] barely has premium movie programmers in HD while the other [Detroit] is rather extensive. AT&T U-verse doesn't operate on such split system.

Not true for CBS.  According to this site, there are 139 U-Verse markets (MSA's) but CBS On Demand is just available in 14 of them.   For that to change CBS will have to want AT&T to have them and vice-versa.  Two way street.

As far as Comcast vs. AT&T VoD, it depends on the U-Verse package.  But Comcast has more, hands down.  that being said, I never use VoD, so U-Verse is perfectly fine.

If I had unlimited $ and unlimited time (no to both, lol), I could subscribe to both and see, lol.  Someone asked about Showtime's "The Tudors" and while U-Verse has a couple of episodes, supposedly a cable provider has all episodes/seasons.

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

10 years ago

@LoveHD wrote:

dhascall wrote,

@dhascall wrote:

@LoveHD wrote:

Not true for CBS.  According to this site, there are 139 U-Verse markets (MSA's) but CBS On Demand is just available in 14 of them.   For that to change CBS will have to want AT&T to have them and vice-versa.  Two way street.

As far as Comcast vs. AT&T VoD, it depends on the U-Verse package.  But Comcast has more, hands down.  that being said, I never use VoD, so U-Verse is perfectly fine.

If I had unlimited $ and unlimited time (no to both, lol), I could subscribe to both and see, lol.  Someone asked about Showtime's "The Tudors" and while U-Verse has a couple of episodes, supposedly a cable provider has all episodes/seasons.

dhascall,

I was not addressing On Demand. I was referring to linear channels of national cable programming. That ones like premium movies HBO and Showtime, and their multi-screens, are nationally offered. (And that includes the HD feeds.) Those are consistent with AT&T's U-verse service. This is not the case with the video service of linear channels from Comcast.

LoveHD

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.