fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

How about having large kettles that say "Hallmark" all over the country during holiday time so that people can put their requests for the Hallmark channels in them. The Salvation Army people won't mind double duty. If they do, the ACE Members can be in charge of the kettles.

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

How about having large kettles that say "Hallmark" all over the country during holiday time so that people can put their requests for the Hallmark channels in them. The Salvation Army people won't mind double duty. If they do, the ACE Members can be in charge of the kettles.

I'm only manning a kettle if I can wear my Ninja outfit and I get a cut of the take.  Smiley Surprised

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

9 years ago

@gfranklin wrote:
When we signed up this year, not only did the online list of channels include Style Network, the channel guide provided at installation included it. Access to that network was one of the reasons we signed up for u-verse, and if course, NO STYLE NETWORK!!! (Esquire, instead.) So realize that AT&T isn't above misleading customers when it suits them. And no, it wasn't just an innocent mistake.

Let me get this right.

You signed up this year (2014) for Style Network. A quick look online reveals that Style Network went off the air on all providers back in 2012, but might relaunch.

I highly doubt AT&T installers are giving out program guides from two years ago. In addition, this channel guide has no mention of Style. If a certain channel is "one of the reasons you signed up for" a various provider, I'm assuming you watch that channel on a regular basis. What provider did you come from?

Edit -- I do see that Style was set to re-launch next month. You can go to http://uversechannels.att.com and request it. No one here knows when a channel will launch, nor on what tier or channel number.

This site here has zero mention of any relaunch of Style.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdtv-programming/1721930-official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-updated-10-2-14-a.html

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@gfranklin wrote:
When we signed up this year, not only did the online list of channels include Style Network, the channel guide provided at installation included it. Access to that network was one of the reasons we signed up for u-verse, and if course, NO STYLE NETWORK!!! (Esquire, instead.) So realize that AT&T isn't above misleading customers when it suits them. And no, it wasn't just an innocent mistake.

Let me get this right.

You signed up this year (2014) for Style Network. A quick look online reveals that Style Network went off the air on all providers back in 2012.

I highly doubt AT&T installers are giving out program guides from two years ago. In addition, this channel guide has no mention of Style.

I await your reply.

As if you are going to get a reply. Smiley LOL

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

9 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

@gfranklin wrote:

Let me get this right.

You signed up this year (2014) for Style Network. A quick look online reveals that Style Network went off the air on all providers back in 2012.

I highly doubt AT&T installers are giving out program guides from two years ago. In addition, this channel guide has no mention of Style.

I await your reply.

As if you are going to get a reply. Smiley LOL

When pigs fly.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Could you share why the Hallmark channel has been discontinued on UVerse in GA?  It would be hard for me to believe that cost is a factor, when there are so many other crazy channels that UVerse has choosen to keep in the line up. It would be nice to share the holiday spirit with friends and family watching Holiday shows, and continue through the year with Family appropriate shows.  What would it take to bring back the Hallmark channel?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

Guess you're a little late responding to losing Hallmark channel in 2010 due to Crown Media demanding an outrageous amount per user to continue having Hallmark channel.

Yes, it is strictly about $$$. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Last night we were watching a program about Buying Alaska, and an advertisement for the Hallmark Channel came on, advertising Christmas programs.  Why would uverse display an ad for a channel they don't carry, and why don't they?  I have a 90 year-old mother who loves that channel and is sorely disappointed not to have it.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@mizging wrote:

Last night we were watching a program about Buying Alaska, and an advertisement for the Hallmark Channel came on, advertising Christmas programs.  Why would uverse display an ad for a channel they don't carry, and why don't they?  I have a 90 year-old mother who loves that channel and is sorely disappointed not to have it.

The ad was shown by the NETWORK (Discovery/Destination America) and not by the PROVIDER (Uverse).

I see commercials for Kmart.  Guess what?  We don't have Kmarts here.  But Kmart pays their money and their commercials are shown all over.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I agree with the person who was late in chiming in.  Maybe it's because we're new to Uverse.  I truly enjoyed the Hallmark channel, especially at this time of the year, and I would pay more to have it over some of the other ridiculous programming offered.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.