fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@fool58 wrote:
Is AT&T trying to get them back? It is a very popular channel.
Why would they say they have it when they didn't??

Who is they?  Who EXACTLY said that ATT carried the Hallmark channel?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@fool58 wrote:

Who is they?  Who EXACTLY said that ATT carried the Hallmark channel?

Last night I was at an AT&T store switching our mobile phone service to AT&T. I tested our sales person by asking her if U-Verse still had the Hallmark channels as part of their lineup. She said, "no". I told her that I was testing her.

She indicated to me that people at her store know to tell customers that U-Verse is no longer part of the U-Verse lineup if asked. She feels that the biggest culprits who spread incorrect information in order to make a sale are the door-to-door sales people as well as some of the customer service people when you call AT&T.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@fool58 wrote:

I talked with someone in the know and yes, they are trying to get them back.  He said that it almost happened in 2013.  So, it sounds encouraging but nothing is a slam dunk (just ask our local CBS station, who is losing the network after 58 years!). 

As far as the channel being popular - it has only one high rated show.  What it does have is fairly universal carriage - just not on U-Verse.

A little background - back in 2010, AT&T U-Verse had a much smaller footprint  and apparently channel providers were taking advantage of AT&T at contract time.  Some channels had territories and would not allow AT&T to carry them in some states, some would not allow AT&T to have HD channels and so on.  They, as a for-profit company, were a bit tired of having no clout.  So when the Hallmark and HMC came up for renewal, AT&T balked at paying Crown Media, double (Hallmark had also just hired Martha Stewart and was paying her a huge sum, so that was Crown's  motivation for trying to get more).  So, AT&T had to use a smaller group as an example, so they did not come to terms to tell others that we will play hardball, just as TWC and Dish do and continue to do.  Long story short, they have been gone for almost FOUR years.  Most reps know this, so it must be that they wanted to make a sale.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@HemigwayEstates wrote:

How completely disappointed am I that you did not renew the Hallmark subscription. Not all people prefer violent movies or some of the utterly deployable stuff you do pay for subscriptions for. A channel of that quality deserves to be on ATT Uverse network. Why am I paying ATT for such low brow trash that seems to fill the Uverse lineup?

The Hallmark channels have been gone from the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010. It sounds like that you have been a U-Verse subscriber for a while. If this is true, and you are that disapointed with U-Verse, you should have found another provider a long time ago.

Perhaps you should give another look at the U-Verse channel lineup. The huge number of channels have something for everyone, and not all of them are low brow trash http://www.uversechannels.com/national-legal-description as you seem to indicate.

I'm sure you saw the post (it's probably in this thread somewhere) mentioning that Hallmark had several shows which *could* be "low-brow trash," depending on your definition of the word.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

SO FRUSTRATED! Just came back to U-Verse after being gone almost 3 yrs. and discovered Hallmark was gone. My bad for not researching this issue before going through with installation. I watch Hallmark daily for Golden Girls/Frazier; I also like Cedar Code and lots of their movies. I have searched and Frazier is not listed in ANY U-Verse programming. 😞  One reason for changing from Dish was because of programming issues, now I'm stuck with no Hallmark. Submitted about 10 surveys requesting Hallmark, but really don't expect any type of response, especially when I see some of the rude comments received on these posts!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

We have had ATT UVerse TV for one day and I am already strongly considering returning to Direct TV.  The Hallmark Channel is my wife's favorite.  I never dreamed it would not be on the channel lineup or I never would have signed up.  Not pleased.   Will be switching back to Direct TV within the week.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel must return to lineup or we are cancelling and returning to Direct TV.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

Well, if they would not have been asking such a ridiculous high price/subscriber, espescially when the % watching at any time was not that high. 😉

You can be requesting it here: http://uversechannels.att.com/

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@Russ59 wrote:

Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel must return to lineup or we are cancelling and returning to Direct TV.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@Russ59 wrote:

Well, I'm sure it'll return sooner or later.

When I came to U-Verse many years ago, I looked at the lineup and knew what I'd be getting. Am I better than people that don't research a provider? Of course not...but I'm sure we'd all look at school districts, crime, tax rates, and other things before blindly moving to a new city.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.