fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

What an incredibly rude response. I am a subscriber and this is not a PR piece. You sound like an angry person who needs a vacation or a long bubble bath. Relax. If you had Hallmark Channel you could watch some uplifting positive programming. Take care of yourself. AT&T promotes their subscription with the tag line "Break up with cable, not your shows." Not an accurate statement.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@MomsVote wrote:
What an incredibly rude response. I am a subscriber and this is not a PR piece. You sound like an angry person who needs a vacation or a long bubble bath. Relax. If you had Hallmark Channel you could watch some uplifting positive programming. Take care of yourself. AT&T promotes their subscription with the tag line "Break up with cable, not your shows." Not an accurate statement.

@Sorry if I came across as being rude @MomsVote, I wasn't, I was just being honest.  No one wants Hallmark back more than I do.  My wife (who is disabled), loves it. 

You see, when Hallmark and AT&T could not come to an agreement back in 2010 (FOUR years ago), there were obviously some plants from Hallmark's parent company "Crown Media" who came by and posted carefully worded posts each day, word for word the same.  Those posts went away as it was apparent that neither side was budging.  We do get posts but when I hear "Cedar Cove" and "Family Friendly" in the same breath, I am a bit suspicious, as you could imagine.  You should report the person who lied to you by sending a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  For future reference, check channel lineups yourself - no surprise that way.

As for a vacation and a bubble bath - I'll take both, please!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Does anyone know if U-verse will be getting Hallmark in the near future? We had been with Charter for years then about 4 years ago changed to U-verse because Charter dropped Hallmark. I was telling guy installing the U-verse equipment why we had changed. About a month after that ATT dropped Hallmark. When I called to inquire about it, I was told because of cost with the channel they dropped it but were in negotiations and it would probably be picked up again. That was 4 years ago. Charter has Hallmark so I'm considering going back.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

How completely disappointed am I that you did not renew the Hallmark subscription. Not all people prefer violent movies or some of the utterly deployable stuff you do pay for subscriptions for. A channel of that quality deserves to be on ATT Uverse network. Why am I paying ATT for such low brow trash that seems to fill the Uverse lineup?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@HemigwayEstates wrote:

How completely disappointed am I that you did not renew the Hallmark subscription. Not all people prefer violent movies or some of the utterly deployable stuff you do pay for subscriptions for. A channel of that quality deserves to be on ATT Uverse network. Why am I paying ATT for such low brow trash that seems to fill the Uverse lineup?

The Hallmark channels have been gone from the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010. It sounds like that you have been a U-Verse subscriber for a while. If this is true, and you are that disapointed with U-Verse, you should have found another provider a long time ago.

Perhaps you should give another look at the U-Verse channel lineup. The huge number of channels have something for everyone, and not all of them are low brow trash as you seem to indicate.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@beetlebug1 wrote:

Does anyone know if U-verse will be getting Hallmark in the near future? We had been with Charter for years then about 4 years ago changed to U-verse because Charter dropped Hallmark. I was telling guy installing the U-verse equipment why we had changed. About a month after that ATT dropped Hallmark. When I called to inquire about it, I was told because of cost with the channel they dropped it but were in negotiations and it would probably be picked up again. That was 4 years ago. Charter has Hallmark so I'm considering going back.

No one on this forum can give you a date when and if Hallmark will be returning to the U-Verse lineup. Almost all of us are just subscribers as you are. Why after four years of Hallmark not being part of the U-Verse lineup are you finally deciding to go back to Charter? 

Obviously, from your post, you have been a U-Verse subscriber since before September 1, 2010.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@beetlebug1 wrote:

Hope springs eternal. - Alexander Pope

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

Who mislead you? Was it a customer service person that you reached when you called AT&T? Was it someone at an AT&T store? Was it a door to door sales person representing AT&T? Any written channel listings would not show Hallmark as part of the U-Verse lineup. As Skeeterintexas told you, Hallmark has been gone for four years now.

I hope that you would respond, and let us know who told you that Hallmark was part of the U-Verse lineup.

In the future, please check to see if their are existing threads on a particular subject instead of starting a new one. I would hope that the moderators would add this thread to the existing one.

In fact, I wish the moderators would eliminate all threads pertaining to the Hallmark channels, and ban the word "Hallmark".

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@fool58 wrote:

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

@fool58 - so you didn't check the lineup yourself?  This would be very similar to switching health insurance companies and not checking to see if your Doctor is on the plan.

If you were lied to then by all means send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Is AT&T trying to get them back? It is a very popular channel.
Why would they say they have it when they didn't??
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.