Where is the Hallmark Channel?

Contributor

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Message 436 of 787 (79,773 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Hallmark Channel

csapelak wrote:

I would really like to see ATT get the Hallmark Channel.  I love their new series, "Cedar Cove" but cannot watch it since ATT does not have an agreement with them. 

How can you love a new series that you can't watch?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 420 of 787 (3,814 Views)
ACE - Master

americangame wrote:

csapelak wrote:

I would really like to see ATT get the Hallmark Channel.  I love their new series, "Cedar Cove" but cannot watch it since ATT does not have an agreement with them. 

How can you love a new series that you can't watch?

Maybe they watched it at a friend's house, a hotel, on any other provider except U-Verse and so on.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 421 of 787 (3,803 Views)
Scholar

my mother law lives on the same little piece of property as me....i have uverse she has dish...so her hopper is hooked up to our wifi.....so when i wanna watch a channel i don't have i fire up the old dish anywhere website with hdmi cable to t.v...and watch those channels that way....and she uses our wifi for her own use also

Message 422 of 787 (3,756 Views)
Contributor

I WANT THE HALLMARK CHANNEL BACK NOW. THAKS!

Message 423 of 787 (6,445 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Hallmark Channel

We are new customers that were told Hallmark was in the lineup. We are very very disappointed to see that it is not. With quality programming suitable for the entire family you have to wonder why this is no longer available. New series being developed Cedar Cove and The Good Witch are shows you can watch with your family. It is our hope AT&T recognizes how rare and valuable that is today. Hopefully this will be brought back into the lineup. We would hate to have to go back to Direct TV.
Message 424 of 787 (4,871 Views)
Scholar

Message 425 of 787 (4,852 Views)
ACE - Professor

Ok I'm calling you out as Astroturfing.  Hallmark hasn't been carried by U-verse since 2010 and there is NO ONE who would have told you that the channel is carried unless they have really old material or were just outright lying to you.

Cedar Coves TV rating is TV-PG which implies ot me that you can't exactly watch this show with all of your family if you have young kids. 

If you're looking for Family enterainment for younger kids, check out Sprout.  It has a ton of original programming and carries several PBS Kids Tv shows as well.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 426 of 787 (4,843 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

americangame wrote:

Ok I'm calling you out as Astroturfing.  Hallmark hasn't been carried by U-verse since 2010 and there is NO ONE who would have told you that the channel is carried unless they have really old material or were just outright lying to you.

Cedar Coves TV rating is TV-PG which implies ot me that you can't exactly watch this show with all of your family if you have young kids. 

If you're looking for Family enterainment for younger kids, check out Sprout.  It has a ton of original programming and carries several PBS Kids Tv shows as well.

Americangame: A very excellent response. I would hope the original poster would respond to your post, but you know how that goes.

I wish these first time posters, especially on the Hallmark subject, would look for existing threads so that all of these mini Hallmark threads would be eliminated.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 427 of 787 (4,812 Views)
ACE - Master

MomsVote wrote:
We are new customers that were told Hallmark was in the lineup. We are very very disappointed to see that it is not. With quality programming suitable for the entire family you have to wonder why this is no longer available. New series being developed Cedar Cove and The Good Witch are shows you can watch with your family. It is our hope AT&T recognizes how rare and valuable that is today. Hopefully this will be brought back into the lineup. We would hate to have to go back to Direct TV.

@MomsVote - Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

However, your post sounds more like a planned, carefully written PR piece than someone who actually has the U-Verse service.  I usually side with pro-Hallmark posters, as my wife really misses the channels.  If you are truly a subscriber who was lied to, well I feel for you, a bit.  You didn't check the line up yourself?  Would you switch Health Insurances without seeing for yourself that your Doctor is not a preferred provider? 

At any rate.  Is Cedar Cove a show to watch with your family?  Folks are alcoholics.  Folks embezzle.  Folks have affairs.  Family friendly?  Let's explain to a twelve year old about Grace and Will's adultery.  "Mommy loves daddy but daddy also loves Jennie, on the next block."  I crack myself up!

Message 428 of 787 (4,739 Views)
Contributor

What an incredibly rude response. I am a subscriber and this is not a PR piece. You sound like an angry person who needs a vacation or a long bubble bath. Relax. If you had Hallmark Channel you could watch some uplifting positive programming. Take care of yourself. AT&T promotes their subscription with the tag line "Break up with cable, not your shows." Not an accurate statement.
Message 429 of 787 (4,721 Views)
ACE - Master

MomsVote wrote:
What an incredibly rude response. I am a subscriber and this is not a PR piece. You sound like an angry person who needs a vacation or a long bubble bath. Relax. If you had Hallmark Channel you could watch some uplifting positive programming. Take care of yourself. AT&T promotes their subscription with the tag line "Break up with cable, not your shows." Not an accurate statement.

Sorry if I came across as being rude @MomsVote, I wasn't, I was just being honest.  No one wants Hallmark back more than I do.  My wife (who is disabled), loves it. 

You see, when Hallmark and AT&T could not come to an agreement back in 2010 (FOUR years ago), there were obviously some plants from Hallmark's parent company "Crown Media" who came by and posted carefully worded posts each day, word for word the same.  Those posts went away as it was apparent that neither side was budging.  We do get posts but when I hear "Cedar Cove" and "Family Friendly" in the same breath, I am a bit suspicious, as you could imagine.  You should report the person who lied to you by sending a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  For future reference, check channel lineups yourself - no surprise that way.

As for a vacation and a bubble bath - I'll take both, please!

Message 430 of 787 (4,688 Views)
Contributor

Hallmark Channel

Does anyone know if U-verse will be getting Hallmark in the near future? We had been with Charter for years then about 4 years ago changed to U-verse because Charter dropped Hallmark. I was telling guy installing the U-verse equipment why we had changed. About a month after that ATT dropped Hallmark. When I called to inquire about it, I was told because of cost with the channel they dropped it but were in negotiations and it would probably be picked up again. That was 4 years ago. Charter has Hallmark so I'm considering going back.

Message 431 of 787 (4,109 Views)
Contributor

Hallmark

How completely disappointed am I that you did not renew the Hallmark subscription. Not all people prefer violent movies or some of the utterly deployable stuff you do pay for subscriptions for. A channel of that quality deserves to be on ATT Uverse network. Why am I paying ATT for such low brow trash that seems to fill the Uverse lineup?

Message 432 of 787 (4,089 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Hallmark

HemigwayEstates wrote:

How completely disappointed am I that you did not renew the Hallmark subscription. Not all people prefer violent movies or some of the utterly deployable stuff you do pay for subscriptions for. A channel of that quality deserves to be on ATT Uverse network. Why am I paying ATT for such low brow trash that seems to fill the Uverse lineup?

The Hallmark channels have been gone from the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010. It sounds like that you have been a U-Verse subscriber for a while. If this is true, and you are that disapointed with U-Verse, you should have found another provider a long time ago.

Perhaps you should give another look at the U-Verse channel lineup. The huge number of channels have something for everyone, and not all of them are low brow trash as you seem to indicate.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 433 of 787 (4,073 Views)
ACE - Professor

beetlebug1 wrote:

Does anyone know if U-verse will be getting Hallmark in the near future? We had been with Charter for years then about 4 years ago changed to U-verse because Charter dropped Hallmark. I was telling guy installing the U-verse equipment why we had changed. About a month after that ATT dropped Hallmark. When I called to inquire about it, I was told because of cost with the channel they dropped it but were in negotiations and it would probably be picked up again. That was 4 years ago. Charter has Hallmark so I'm considering going back.

No one on this forum can give you a date when and if Hallmark will be returning to the U-Verse lineup. Almost all of us are just subscribers as you are. Why after four years of Hallmark not being part of the U-Verse lineup are you finally deciding to go back to Charter? 

Obviously, from your post, you have been a U-Verse subscriber since before September 1, 2010.

Message 434 of 787 (4,074 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.