For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Sending mailers is not illegal. There are ways to try to slow them down or maybe even stop them. You could start by contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance. He should be able to forward your request to the correct group at AT&T. You should also google "DMAChoice" and opt out there. Paperkarma is an app for snapping photos of junk mail envelopes with your Smartphone. They supposedly will send "remove" requests, on your behalf. Good luck

@revaj7 wrote:

AT&T U-verse need to make a deal with Hallmark.  They have the best family shows/movies.  The Christmas movies are the best.  Please make a deal with Hallmark.  I am writing them and asking them to come back.  Other wise, I may have to go back to a service that has Hallmark.

And that would be just about every provider, in the US.  We're hoping that they come back too because that creates one big choke point on the forums, lol.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

I tried to get to page 14, the last page of this Hallmark thread, on my Iphone. It is impossible to do so. You hit "next" and you get nowhere. As I have said before, this redo of this forum was the most idiotic thing that AT&T could do.

Why would they take an easy to navigate forum, and completely ruin it like they have done. As bad as it is on the computer, it is much worse if you try to navigate it on an Iphone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

What gives with still not having the Hallmark Channel?  It has been over three years.  I have called numerous times and all I get is that they are in negotiations.  BULL!!! Comcast and Directv offer Hallmark.  AT&T just does not want to pay what the Hallmark Channel is asking.  AT&T as a company have money up the wazoo.  As customers we need to be satisfied.  AT&T is all about customer satisfaction, I guess not.  This is making me think about switching to Comcast.  Something has to be resolved and soon. Woman Sad

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@melissaalf wrote:

What gives with still not having the Hallmark Channel?  It has been over three years.  I have called numerous times and all I get is that they are in negotiations.  BULL!!! Comcast and Directv offer Hallmark.  AT&T just does not want to pay what the Hallmark Channel is asking.  AT&T as a company have money up the wazoo.  As customers we need to be satisfied.  AT&T is all about customer satisfaction, I guess not.  This is making me think about switching to Comcast.  Something has to be resolved and soon. Woman Sad

On September 1, it will be four years since Hallmark channels left U-Verse. No one on this forum can give you an answer when and if the Hallmark channels will be back.

You say that "AT&T just does not want to pay what the Hallmark Channel is asking.  AT&T as a company have money up the wazoo. " Do you  have access to AT&T's financial books? AT&T is a business, and if Crown Media is asking too much, then I cannot blame AT&T for not signing a contract after all of these years.

I would have to say that most customers who have U-Verse are satisfied, otherwise the service would not have had the growth it has seen in the last four  years.

If you are that unhappy, then switch to Comcast.  Making threats will not accomplish anything.

You never know, some day there may be an agreement between AT&T and Crown Media, but you will not be able to do anything about it since you will be stuck in a contract with Comcast.

Maybe you should check the Comcast and Direct TV lineups to see what they do not offer that U-Verse does offer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Signed up for ATT U-verse over a year ago.  At that time we were promised that we would have The Hallmark Channel.  One untruth and then we were promised HD for no charge.  Another untruth.  Where is the truth from your company?  Tired of people telling you anything to get your business, and doing another thing.  I will be dropping ATT U-verse.  It may cost a bit more, but we will get what we want.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@suzietintexas wrote:

Signed up for ATT U-verse over a year ago.  At that time we were promised that we would have The Hallmark Channel.  One untruth and then we were promised HD for no charge.  Another untruth.  Where is the truth from your company?  Tired of people telling you anything to get your business, and doing another thing.  I will be dropping ATT U-verse.  It may cost a bit more, but we will get what we want.

The Hallmark channels have been gone from the U-Verse lineup since September, 2010. I am sorry that you had a dishonest salesperson. This is a peer-to-peer forum consisting, for the most part, of subscribers just like you. We cannot answer the questions that you posed to AT&T.

I am curious why it took you more than a year to decide to drop U-Verse if you are that unhappy. There are so many positives for U-Verse that outweigh the fact that the Hallmark channels are not part of the lineup. If you switch providers, you may regret it.

There was a current existing thread that you could have used for this subject instead of starting a new one.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Where-is-the-Hallmark-Channel/m-p/3606565

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

It is interesting that you can get adult entertainment on uverse but not FAMILY  entertainment! They charge extra for the Playboy channel but don't give the option to get Hallmark and Hallmark movie channel. I'm sure everyone who enjoys these two stations would be willing to spring for an extra buck or two. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

@dpfla wrote:

It is interesting that you can get adult entertainment on uverse but not FAMILY  entertainment! ...

There are quite a few family entertainment channels.  My wife watches INSP regularly, and they have much of the same fair that the Hallmark Channel does.  I would that you could buy Hallmark separately, but the video providers (like Crown Media, the owner of Hallmark) are not about to let that happen, because their revenue stream would dry up in a heartbeat.  They have to make money on a few pennies from everybody, including those who wouldn't pay a dime for the channel.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@dpfla wrote:

It is interesting that you can get adult entertainment on uverse but not FAMILY  entertainment! They charge extra for the Playboy channel but don't give the option to get Hallmark and Hallmark movie channel. I'm sure everyone who enjoys these two stations would be willing to spring for an extra buck or two. 

I would think that most large television providers have an adult entertainment channel or channels of some sort that cost extra.  In addition, I doubt there is any television provider that provides the Hallmark channels on an ala carte basis.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I would really like to see ATT get the Hallmark Channel.  I love their new series, "Cedar Cove" but cannot watch it since ATT does not have an agreement with them. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.