Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

Contributor

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Message 436 of 787
Contributor

Hallmark Channel

Just wandering about the Hallmark Channel. When we went with U-Verse in March we were assured that the channel would be brought back before the Fall season. However, I have not seen any more talk about it. Please tell me this was not a "selling" line to get me to go with U-Verse.

Message 390 of 787
ACE - Expert

Re: Hallmark Channel

Hallmark has been gone from UVerse for almost 4 years (9/2010).

Will it EVER return?  Who knows but no ETA at this time.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 391 of 787
ACE - Professor

@jmacky1234 wrote:

Just wandering about the Hallmark Channel. When we went with U-Verse in March we were assured that the channel would be brought back before the Fall season. However, I have not seen any more talk about it. Please tell me this was not a "selling" line to get me to go with U-Verse.

Unfortunately, you had a salesman who would say anything to make a sale. He outright lied to you. Nevertheless, enjoy U-Verse. There are plenty of channels and features to make it worth your while to stay.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 392 of 787

The Hallmark Channel shows nothing but reruns of moldy oldie shows that would interest only am eighty year old grandmother sitting in a rocking chair with her cat knitting a sweater. Probably not AT&T's main target demographic. Normally I say the more channels the better, but this is one that really isn't worth trying to get back.
Message 393 of 787
Scholar

Maybe, if you and Danielle are fortunate enough to reach eighty, you might have a different outlook! As a rule, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. There are fifty or so channels on U-Verse that I don' t watch, nor would I care If they were dropped. However, I understand that there are those who really enjoy them, so I don't openly knock them. in life, we should always remember that one man' s trash is another man's treasure!

Tags (1)
Message 394 of 787
Professor

You can request channels here:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Message 395 of 787
Tutor

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

I can only tell you my experience.  

I was so ready to change, and AT&T u-verse was the carrier I had contacted to change my home phone, cable and Internet.  But when I got the estimated bill from them it was "twice" what we agreed upon over the phone so I cancelled the installation.

What bothers me the most is when I was talking to AT&T rep I was very specific.  I want Hallmark and I want TV land.  He Freaking LIED to me, and there I was going for the bundled package.  I never even thought to check the internet about Hallmark and TV land.  I just believed them.

I'm still not happy with my TW cable bill but their Internet has been great.  

I went to an AT&T store and I got my home phone reduced by $500 a year by going with their plan.  And they were very nice and told me the truth that ATT and Hallmark have no agreement.  I'm sorry but that is a deal breaker for me,,,no Hallmark.  TV is not my thing other than those 2 channels.  Good lord I hate being lied to by slicktalking phone reps.

I'm going to switch to WOW which offers both channels and hopefully can reduce my Time Warner bill.

Just my story.  Hope it helps others and I wish you luck as we struggle through this crazy world of providers.

Message 396 of 787
ACE - Master

Feel for you you @mookermom - my wife read about the start of Season 2 of Cedar Cove and she wondered again why did AT&T not carry Hallmark.  I have heard that they were close to an agreement last year - and they are still trying.  If you feel that you were lied to I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

Message 397 of 787
Tutor

Okay. I'll do that. I hate disliking a company because my experience, but
it was the truth and I wanted to tell it because I think that is pretty
important.

And I don't dislike AT&T, just very much don't like being lied to.
Message 398 of 787
Highlighted
Tutor

Okay.  I sent a message to them telling them everything I wrote here.  

I won't ever lie on a forum.  I think that is terrible.  But I hope you don't take my message down because what I said was my truth as best I know.  If someone can tell me if I sent something error I will definitely post an immediate apology.  I'm only here to tell my little world and what I went through.

I don't think the company is bad, and dang you saved me a bundle with home phone, but I want Hallmark and I'll do what it takes to get it.     If you folks don't offer it, i'm fine looking elsewhere.

Message 399 of 787
Tutor

Oh I  don't work for AT&T or anyone.  I'm just a retired civil servant from NASA.  

I care about the benefit of "all mankind"....

It's what I do!

Message 400 of 787
ACE - Professor

@DCrabb wrote:

Is the Hallmark Channel coming back? I just signed up for UVerse and had I know it didnt carry Hallmark I WOULDNT of! Its my all time favorite and about the only thing I watch.

The Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel have not been part of the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010, when the carriage agreement between AT&T and Crown Media expired. No carriage agreement has been reached since that date between the two entities.

AT&T is fully aware that there are a lot of people who are subscribers who wish the return of the Hallmark channels.

Always check the channel lineups before signing a contract with a television provider. You will find that U-Verse has so many positives that will offset the abscense of the Hallmark channels.

Sorry to everyone out there. With this new format, it is very confusing, and I replied to a post from last year. I also noticed that you cannot apply a color to the words on your posting for emphasis. Please bring that feature back.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 401 of 787
ACE - Expert

...and the award for "The most confusing thread under the new format" goes to The Hallmark Channel thread!  Smiley Tongue

I, too, miss the ability to apply color and the "Quick reply" option.  Smiley Sad

Message 402 of 787
ACE - Professor

@skeeterintexas wrote:

...and the award for "The most confusing thread under the new format" goes to The Hallmark Channel thread!  Smiley Tongue

I, too, miss the ability to apply color and the "Quick reply" option.  Smiley Sad

In addition, when you go to a long thread you have to go to the first page, and then hit the last page (#14 for this thread). Under the old format, you went to the list of threads, and then you could hit #14 right away. That is why I accidentally commented on a post from last year.

This whole new format is going to discourage posting because it is too confusing and complex. I wonder whose idea it was to destroy the ease of use of this forum. Using the forum on an I-Phone is even more of a nightmare.

Please forum moderators and creators, do what you have to do to get rid of this new format, and go back to the old one. There was nothing wrong with it.

Message 403 of 787
Contributor

I really enjoy Hallmark's new series and movies, and very disappointed that Uverse hasn't brought them to their network.

You can also request on their site as well:

hallmarkchannel.com/channellocator

Message 404 of 787
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support