fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @dwtjst,

We are definitely sad to hear that. We are constantly in contract negotiations with broadcasters to bring the best content at an affordable price to our customers.

In the meantime, you can fill out a request to bring the channel to U-verse at this site.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if there was a Hallmark channel update?  I know the contract expired a while ago but I am not sure if they had started negotiations again or if any progress was made.  I know that At&t bought out Dish network so I am not sure if that will help get it back or if anything will change.  Just looking for some insight.  I do not even know if this is right board this goes in, so I apologize for that!  Thanks!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@beebeka wrote:

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if there was a Hallmark channel update?  I know the contract expired a while ago but I am not sure if they had started negotiations again or if any progress was made.  I know that At&t bought out Dish network so I am not sure if that will help get it back or if anything will change.  Just looking for some insight.  I do not even know if this is right board this goes in, so I apologize for that!  Thanks!

You are on the correct board, but unfortunately, there is no update concerning Hallmark that we fellow U-Verse subscribers know of. It is all in corporate's hands. AT&T did not buy out Dish Network. AT&T has made an offer to buy Direct TV.

Welcome to the board.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

I'm starting to believe these are employees complaining about U-Verse not having Hallmark. It's always start with the OP making their first post about this topic. Usually your 1st post is how do I use this or that feature, not why U-Verse don't provide such channel.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

I'd still like to know just HOW someone can post something like this, with all of the Hallmark posts out there, and the SAME mods who take me to task over whatever I say just let these posts through.

Sometimes even a facepalm doesn't do.

(And I know I'll be censored for this even though it's the absolute truth.)

Back to lurking......................

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@vid30jk wrote:

I'd still like to know just HOW someone can post something like this, with all of the Hallmark posts out there, and the SAME mods who take me to task over whatever I say just let these posts through.

Sometimes even a facepalm doesn't do.

(And I know I'll be censored for this even though it's the absolute truth.)

Back to lurking......................

Did you report your concerns to the mods?

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

double face palm.jpg

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

10 years ago

The only way to stop the angst created by the continual posting of Hallmark' threads, is to have it return to U-Verse.  I, fully, understand that the return of Hallmark would freak some members out.  Conversely, there are others who would be overjoyed, or ambivalent, with its return. 

However, the aforementioned means nothing, because the ball is in the U-Verse court; our opinions on the subject will, obviously, have no affect on the outcome.  The shaking my head, rolling eyes, and face palms posted, when a new thread starts, only lengthen the thread and compound the misery, for us all.

Bottom line?  Regardless of our feelings, pro or con, we have to grin and bear it!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@wmtheel wrote:
The only way to stop the angst created by the continual posting of Hallmark' threads, is to have it return to U-Verse.  I, fully, understand that the return of Hallmark would freak some members out.  Conversely, there are others who would be overjoyed, or ambivalent, with its return. 

However, the aforementioned means nothing, because the ball is in the U-Verse court; our opinions on the subject will, obviously, have no affect on the outcome.  The shaking my head, rolling eyes, and face palms posted, when a new thread starts, only lengthen the thread and compound the misery, for us all.

Bottom line?  Regardless of our feelings, pro or con, we have to grin and bear it!

I doubt that are any subscribers who would be upset (or "freak" as you put it) with the return of the Hallmark channels. A lot of us choose to be realistic about the chances of the return of the two channels rather that getting hysterical and making demands on AT&T and threats to leave U-Verse.

I would like to see the return of both channels just so that U-Verse would have two more HD channels. As far as watching them, I could care less. I think you would find that is the opinion of a good many subscribers if the channels would return.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

Can never say never if the deal with Directv gets completed its possible the channels could return i don't waste my time woundering all the time  i think Uverse will have the upper hand now in negoations because i know Crown Media wants stay with Directv with the 25 million viewers .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.