Where is the Hallmark Channel?

Contributor

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Message 436 of 787
ACE - Professor

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

The possiblities are endless if this merger comes about. There could be the return of the Hallmark and the Hallmark Movie channels as well as the return of the NHL Network with the inclusion of NHL Center Ice. We could have MLB Extra Innings and NFL Sunday Ticket.

Anything is possible, or some is possible, or none is possible. We will have to wait and see.

If all of this comes about, the One Post One and Dones will have very little to complain about, but sure enough they will find something.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 360 of 787
Contributor

Hallmark channels. That's a deal breaker.

I had planned to switch from Direct TV to uverse until I discovered they do not carry the Hallmark channels. That's a deal breaker.

Message 361 of 787
Contributor

Hallmark Channel

I really want the Hallmark Channel. At the size of ATT, I would think you could work out a deal. You are not exactly losing money.

Message 362 of 787
Scholar

Re: Hallmark Channel

Message 363 of 787
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

glaverdiere wrote:

I really want the Hallmark Channel. At the size of ATT, I would think you could work out a deal. You are not exactly losing money.

The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. Make your request here:  http://uversechannels.att.com/

AT&T is fully aware of the demand for the return of the Hallmark Channel. I could care less to watch it, but I do want it back for two reasons: 1) The more SD and HD channels on U-Verse the better and 2) To end all of the requests for the Hallmark Channel that pop up like from time to time.

If you are new to U-Verse then you should have checked the channel lineup before you signed up.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 364 of 787
Teacher

Since DirecTV has Hallmark and AT&T now owns them, I think it is only a matter of time before the two respective channel lineups are streamlined.  Then all UVerse customers will have Hallmark.

Message 365 of 787
ACE - Professor

TVFan wrote:

Since DirecTV has Hallmark and AT&T now owns them, I think it is only a matter of time before the two respective channel lineups are streamlined.  Then all UVerse customers will have Hallmark.

Do not expect the Hallmark Channel and the Hallmark Movie Channel to automatically be part of the U-Verse lineup after U-Verse buys DirectTV. It all depends on how the contract is worded, and how separate or together the two entities will be treated. Crown Media will also have a big say-so in what the result will be.

It could very well be that at the beginning U-Verse will still not have the Hallmark channels while DirectTV will continue to do so. Being a larger entity after the merger will give AT&T more bargaining power with Crown Media.

Message 366 of 787
Employee

From TVFan Since DirecTV has Hallmark and AT&T now owns them, I think it is only a matter of time before the two respective channel lineups are streamlined.

There is no ownership only a current offer to purchase which needs government regulators approval. No deal completion till probably 2nd or 3rd quarter 2015... a year away... then subject to terms negotiated which are normally scheduled with multiple year deals.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 367 of 787
Scholar

In looking at Hallmark's 1st Quarter 2014 report here (PDF), their advertising revenue is up, subscriber fees are up, yet their net income is down 17% in 2014 numbers versus 2013.

Chart on page 28 at the link above also shows Nielsen numbers for the same 3 month period.  In their target demographic (Women 25-54), Hallmark Channel is DOWN 10% total day (6a to 6a) and in primetime, they're down 3%.  The chart is sort of disingenuous, in that they've rounded the numbers to tenths, the numbers appear identical, yet they tout increases in percentages -- which really makes the data they're furnishing pretty useless.

Keep in mind, also, that Hallmark LOST their international branding when they got into a fight with NBC Universal (who was distributing them worldwide) back in 2010, presumably over them thinking they were "all that," and deserved more money.  Hallmark has never rectified that problem, and conveniently make no mention of it unless you want to scrub through their earnings listings way back.  (That was also before NBCU got under the Comcast umbrella.)

In looking at their programming, you can find practically all of their reruns on some other cable channel, or even one of your local channels.  The only thing Hallmark has are their own movies, and they've been re-run so many times that they don't even put them into the regular weekday primetime lineup on Hallmark Channel itself.

Prove it, you say?  On U-verse channels, for your convenience:

The Golden Girls -- TV Land (138/1138), Logo (183)

Frasier -- Lifetime (360/1360)

I Love Lucy -- MeTV (136)

Little House on the Prairie -- INSP (564)

The Waltons -- INSP (564)

The Middle -- ABC Family (178/1178)

Glad I'm not paying for Hallmark's "once-in-a-great-while-we-put-a-new-program-on" greatness.

Message 368 of 787
Community Support

Re: Hallmark channels. That's a deal breaker.

Hi @dwtjst,

We are definitely sad to hear that. We are constantly in contract negotiations with broadcasters to bring the best content at an affordable price to our customers.

In the meantime, you can fill out a request to bring the channel to U-verse at this site.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 369 of 787
Contributor

Hallmark Channel update

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if there was a Hallmark channel update?  I know the contract expired a while ago but I am not sure if they had started negotiations again or if any progress was made.  I know that At&t bought out Dish network so I am not sure if that will help get it back or if anything will change.  Just looking for some insight.  I do not even know if this is right board this goes in, so I apologize for that!  Thanks!

Message 370 of 787
ACE - Professor

Re: Hallmark Channel update

beebeka wrote:

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if there was a Hallmark channel update?  I know the contract expired a while ago but I am not sure if they had started negotiations again or if any progress was made.  I know that At&t bought out Dish network so I am not sure if that will help get it back or if anything will change.  Just looking for some insight.  I do not even know if this is right board this goes in, so I apologize for that!  Thanks!

You are on the correct board, but unfortunately, there is no update concerning Hallmark that we fellow U-Verse subscribers know of. It is all in corporate's hands. AT&T did not buy out Dish Network. AT&T has made an offer to buy Direct TV.

Welcome to the board.

Message 371 of 787
Mentor

I'm starting to believe these are employees complaining about U-Verse not having Hallmark. It's always start with the OP making their first post about this topic. Usually your 1st post is how do I use this or that feature, not why U-Verse don't provide such channel.

Message 372 of 787
Scholar

I'd still like to know just HOW someone can post something like this, with all of the Hallmark posts out there, and the SAME mods who take me to task over whatever I say just let these posts through.

Sometimes even a facepalm doesn't do.

(And I know I'll be censored for this even though it's the absolute truth.)

Back to lurking......................

Message 373 of 787
ACE - Master

vid30jk wrote:

I'd still like to know just HOW someone can post something like this, with all of the Hallmark posts out there, and the SAME mods who take me to task over whatever I say just let these posts through.

Sometimes even a facepalm doesn't do.

(And I know I'll be censored for this even though it's the absolute truth.)

Back to lurking......................

Did you report your concerns to the mods?

Message 374 of 787
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us here!

Additional Support