Where is the Hallmark Channel?

Contributor

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Message 436 of 787 (79,295 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Hallmark

[ Edited ]

It doesn't matter if it's auto sales, security system sales or TV/Voice/Internet sales - many are sleazy and will say anything to get a sale.  That is sad and I bet lies are being told about Hallmark and otheritems related to UVerse.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 330 of 787 (2,155 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Hallmark

[ Edited ]

dwinth wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

Is the Hackmark Channel gone? NO ONE TOLD ME!!!!!! It is true, then. You sign up for U-Verse, and your contract says that you will not ever, never loose any channels for the length of the contract, and lo and behold, they immediatly take away 10 channels a month from you. No other providers take away channels, only AT$T. And they never, ever put on new channels to replace them. I WANT IMMEDIATE REFUNDS!!!!

I was at a hotel that had a  convention for AT$T salesman, and every one of them told me that Hackmark would always be part of U-Verse, and I would never, ever loose another channel again.

In the last two days I talked to 35,648 people who said they were going to go to other providers because of no Hackmark Channel. You are loosing a lot of customers. WE LET OUR MONEY DO THE TALKING !!!

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

You're trying to kill me with the misuse of the word 'loose' aren't you?

"Loose" and "loosing" seem to be the most common spelling errors on this forum. The reason I used "Hackmark" is because a poster actually spelled Hallmark that way in 2010 when the two channels were pulled.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 331 of 787 (3,094 Views)
Contributor

Hallmark Channel Deficit

I am a new U-Verse subscriber and was shocked to learn that AT&T does not carry the Hallmark Channel. I guess it was a pricing disagreement between AT&T & Halmark. Hared to believe this was not an issue with all the other cable/satelite providers.

This issue will certainly influence my decision to stay or leave U-Verse at the end of my promotional period.

Message 332 of 787 (3,043 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Hallmark Channel Deficit

[ Edited ]

Hallmark has been gone from the UV lineup for over 3 years.

There's a mega-thread somewhere on these boards discussing the subject.

ETA link:  12 pages of Hallmark discussions

Message 333 of 787 (3,033 Views)

normdangelo wrote:

I am a new U-Verse subscriber and was shocked to learn that AT&T does not carry the Hallmark Channel. I guess it was a pricing disagreement between AT&T & Halmark. Hared to believe this was not an issue with all the other cable/satelite providers.

This issue will certainly influence my decision to stay or leave U-Verse at the end of my promotional period.

So you didn't bother looking at the available channel guide?  It's been gone for 3 years and hasn't effected the growing number of subscribers.  Besideds, as has been mentioned, there's a mult-page thread regarding HM/HMC that you could have added to instead of adding yet ANOTHER thread.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 334 of 787 (2,974 Views)
ACE - Master

I'm sure the OP just ASSUMED that UV offered Hallmark and you know what they say when you ASSUME something.....  Smiley Surprised

Message 335 of 787 (2,968 Views)
ACE - Professor

skeeterintexas wrote:

Hallmark has been gone from the UV lineup for over 3 years.

There's a mega-thread somewhere on these boards discussing the subject.

ETA link:  12 pages of Hallmark discussions

Skeeter: This thread is 12 pages long, but that is nothing compared to the original Hallmark thread from July, 2010. Fortunately, that thread was finally shut down, and is nowhere to be found.

Message 336 of 787 (2,953 Views)
Tutor

Just shows me how out of tune AT&T is with it's customers or they just don't care as long as there is no major impact to their revenue. If I was running a business and there were that many pages of comments about a certain channel, I would certainly take notice. It's all about the bottom dollar with the customer's concerns coming in a distant second. Personally I would pay a little bit more to get the channels I like. They were going to give me $100 to pay off my current contract with Direct TV and I was on the phone to schedule the installation when the representative told me they didn't have the Hallmark channel. My wife watches that channel 80% of the time so she nixed the whole thing. I was looking forward to Uverse but we have decided to go with Dish Network.

Dave
Message 337 of 787 (2,946 Views)
ACE - Professor

davette59 wrote:
Just shows me how out of tune AT&T is with it's customers or they just don't care as long as there is no major impact to their revenue. If I was running a business and there were that many pages of comments about a certain channel, I would certainly take notice. It's all about the bottom dollar with the customer's concerns coming in a distant second. Personally I would pay a little bit more to get the channels I like. They were going to give me $100 to pay off my current contract with Direct TV and I was on the phone to schedule the installation when the representative told me they didn't have the Hallmark channel. My wife watches that channel 80% of the time so she nixed the whole thing. I was looking forward to Uverse but we have decided to go with Dish Network.

Dave

I thought you were not going to post on this forum anymore because you feel people are rude on it. We have heard numerous times that you are not going to get U-Verse, and go with Dish Network because of the lack of the Hallmark Channels. I hope you enjoy Dish Network, and they do not do anything to get you upset.

Message 338 of 787 (2,932 Views)
Tutor

I tried to opt out of this blog but I still keep getting the posts. How long have you been working for AT&T?
Message 339 of 787 (2,926 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

davette59 wrote:

Dave

Hello Dave, another Dave here.  Starting a new thread isn't going to help, as the moderators really have no choice but to merge them into a pre-existing thread.

When I have a "consumer complaint" with a business, large or small, I find the best avenue is to make my complaint in such a way that the business will feel obligated to offer me a direct response.  (a forum, ran mostly by volunteer subscribers would not be the best avenue in this case and I think that U-Verse's channel request page isn't too effective either).  By making a company take the time to respond, isn't meant to punish the company but it does make them read the issue and understand customer needs.

Here are some suggestions:

Go to AT&T's and / or U-Verse Facebook page and do a Direct message.

Post on their Timeline

Google CEO contact information

Send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

One reason that there are page after page of posts on Hallmark is the 5:1 ratio.  For every one pewrson who asks / posts / complains about Hallmark, there are 4 or 5 defending naysayers.  Seriously. Smiley Indifferent

Message 340 of 787 (2,925 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

dhascall wrote:

One reason that there are page after page of posts on Hallmark is the 5:1 ratio.  For every one pewrson who asks / posts / complains about Hallmark, there are 4 or 5 defending naysayers.  Seriously. :smileyindifferent

And it seems that at least half of the people how ask/post/ or complain about Hallmark are One Post One and Done Wonders who may or may not actually be U-Verse subscribers.

Message 341 of 787 (2,921 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

dwinth wrote:

dhascall wrote:

One reason that there are page after page of posts on Hallmark is the 5:1 ratio.  For every one pewrson who asks / posts / complains about Hallmark, there are 4 or 5 defending naysayers.  Seriously. :smileyindifferent

And it seems that at least half of the people how ask/post/ or complain about Hallmark are One Post One and Done Wonders who may or may not actually be U-Verse subscribers.

How do you know that they are not?  I post on forums once in a while, without staying engaged if I post my concern (especially tech forums).  Look, Hallmark isn't losing (loosing? ) the farm, simply because they are not on U-Verse.  i doubt that Crown Media is hiring minions to pollute our forums with their requests.  I did see some of that behavior once, with a one day uptick in "Blaze" requests but Hallmark has been fairly steady....

Message 342 of 787 (2,912 Views)
ACE - Professor

dhascall wrote:

dwinth wrote:

dhascall wrote:

How do you know that they are not?  I post on forums once in a while, without staying engaged if I post my concern (especially tech forums).  Look, Hallmark isn't losing (loosing? ) the farm, simply because they are not on U-Verse.  i doubt that Crown Media is hiring minions to pollute our forums with their requests.  I did see some of that behavior once, with a one day uptick in "Blaze" requests but Hallmark has been fairly steady....

I don't know. I said, " who may or may not actually be U-Verse subscribers."

Message 343 of 787 (2,910 Views)
ACE - Master

Again, if they  add the channels, the madness stops, lol.

Message 344 of 787 (2,905 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.