For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:
Uverse will not be in my home any time soon. I may sign up for a one year contract and one month in find out that several of my favorite channels have been dropped.

Dave

So why are you even on these forums then since you have repeatedly stated you will not be signing up for UVerse?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@davette59 wrote:
Uverse will not be in my home any time soon. I may sign up for a one year contract and one month in find out that several of my favorite channels have been dropped.

Dave

So why are you even on these forums then since you have repeatedly stated you will not be signing up for UVerse?

I think Davette59 is long gone, and will not respond to any of our posts.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

OK, I'll drop off of the forum and make no more comments.

Dave

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:
OK, I'll drop off of the forum and make no more comments.

Dave

No one is telling you to leave the forum. We are just tired of hearing the same thing over and over again about how you never plan to be a U-Verse customer because you feel that U-Verse drops channels constantly, which, as we have shown, is totally false.

Since your statement is totally false, you should give U-Verse a try. I am confident that you will be very happy with the service.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Several rude people on this form.

Goodbye!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:
Several rude people on this form.

Goodbye!

It's not that we're trying to be rude. It's that we get hit with a lot of "drive-by" posters who make empty threats and they're all usually the same.

1) I've been with U-Verse for (set period of time) and I just now noticed they didn't have Hallmark!

2) I won't sign up with U-Verse because they lack the channel or feature.

In one recent case, a customer mentioned not being able to find AMC, a channel which had recently moved position. The way the post was worded made it sound as if they didn't even have U-Verse.

/t5/Features-and-How-To/What-happened-to-AMC-We-were-looking-forward-to-the-new-season/td-p/3891753

In 90% of cases, they are never to be seen again. It is the strong suspicion of many regulars on this forum that a lot of these "one and done" wonders might be employees of U-Verse's competition in the hopes of scaring legitimate customers away, especially when a lot of these "one and done wonders" seem to mention the fact that the competiton (and the competition gets a free plug) has the channel or feature or whatever.

Keep in mind that this forum is community-based. The vast majority of people on this site are regular users who pay their bills and do not get paid by AT&T. There *are* a few AT&T employees that post, but they all have a standard disclaimer in their signature.

A lot of "customers" (maybe so, maybe not) claim that all AT&T does is take channels away. This is simply 100% untrue. In the years that I have been with U-Verse, the following channels have been dropped:

Hallmark

Hallmark Movie Channel

NHL Network

About three channels owned by Scripps Publishing which were re-added a few days later.

No one here has access to the negotiating table, but it was believed that when Hallmark and HMC were yanked, it was due to the fact that Hallmark wanted a massive increase in what they were being paid. This was about the time that Martha Stewart had her talk show on that channel. Well, by all accounts, the talk show was low-rated and was dropped. It was later rumored that AT&T and Hallmark couldn't agree elsewhere...they agreed on channel placement, on what tier it should be carried, even on how much Hallmark would be paid...but there was something else...maybe streaming payments? IDK.

So yeah, three channels were dropped. In the meantime, more than several channels were added. I'd need about 15-20 minutes to name them all...and a really good memory!

Heck, they just added the following ones within the past few weeks:

Nicktoons HD 1318

Nick Jr. HD 1320 

Sportsman HD 1642

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

So yeah, three channels were dropped. In the meantime, more than several channels were added. I'd need about 15-20 minutes to name them all...and a really good memory!

Nicktoons HD 1318

Nick Jr. HD 1320 

Sportsman HD 1642

You forgot BBC World News SD and HD which was added at the same time the above three were added.

I earlier had a list of eight channels that were taken away permanently. They were the three you mentioned, the three Root Sports channels, The Soundtrack Channel (who cares), and ESPN 3D (which no longer exists).

You are correct, listing all of the channels added since the two Hallmark channels were taken away would be an impossible task as the list would be huge.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

Nicktoons HD 1318

Nick Jr. HD 1320 

Sportsman HD 1642

You forgot BBC World News SD and HD which was added at the same time the above three were added.

I earlier had a list of eight channels that were taken away permanently. They were the three you mentioned, the three Root Sports channels, The Soundtrack Channel (who cares), and ESPN 3D (which no longer exists).

You are correct, listing all of the channels added since the two Hallmark channels were taken away would be an impossible task as the list would be huge.

True about the BBCWN. I just saw that one list...haha.

I guess I never paid much attention to the Root channels. I only get that package during NFL season, so yeah...not a high priority there. The Soundtrack channel was taken away but replaced with something that it seems I do watch at least on a occasional basis. What channel came in? You're right about ESPN3D not counting...if the channel folds up, that hardly counts. Speaking of channels folding, isn't that what happened to Urge, or was that just the Urge that I remember being available via Windows Media Player back in the day?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

Nicktoons HD 1318

Nick Jr. HD 1320 

Sportsman HD 1642

I guess I never paid much attention to the Root channels. I only get that package during NFL season, so yeah...not a high priority there. The Soundtrack channel was taken away but replaced with something that it seems I do watch at least on a occasional basis. What channel came in? You're right about ESPN3D not counting...if the channel folds up, that hardly counts. Speaking of channels folding, isn't that what happened to Urge, or was that just the Urge that I remember being available via Windows Media Player back in the day?

AWESOME - No idea that BBCWN was added.  Kewl!  Now where is Hallmark? Smiley Surprised Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

Nicktoons HD 1318

Nick Jr. HD 1320 

Sportsman HD 1642

AWESOME - No idea that BBCWN was added.  Kewl!  Now where is Hallmark? Smiley Surprised Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy

Is the Hackmark Channel gone? NO ONE TOLD ME!!!!!! It is true, then. You sign up for U-Verse, and your contract says that you will not ever, never loose any channels for the length of the contract, and lo and behold, they immediatly take away 10 channels a month from you. No other providers take away channels, only AT$T. And they never, ever put on new channels to replace them. I WANT IMMEDIATE REFUNDS!!!!

I was at a hotel that had a  convention for AT$T salesman, and every one of them told me that Hackmark would always be part of U-Verse, and I would never, ever loose another channel again.

In the last two days I talked to 35,648 people who said they were going to go to other providers because of no Hackmark Channel. You are loosing a lot of customers. WE LET OUR MONEY DO THE TALKING !!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.