For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:
I think I looked at their lineup and don't remember seeing the NFL channel;

NFL network is available on Uverse and has been for many, many years....HD and SD (630/1630).

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

What other channels does U-Verse no longer have anymore due to a contract dispute other than The Hallmark Channel, The Hallmark Movie Channel, and the NHL Network? I am not counting Al Jazeera America since we never had it in the first place.

As far as I can remember, the only other channels no longer on U-Verse were channels that changed their names and possibly their formats or those that simply went out of existence.

Of course some people lost channels due to the fact that new carriage agreements placed them in different tiers. I am not counting those channels since they are still part of U-Verse.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

I just realized there were three other channels that U-Verse dropped on July 1, 2012, the three Root Sports Channels- Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain, and Northwest.

Doing some additional research, I found a post by Texasguy from July 30,2012, where he listed all of the channels dropped which also included ESPN 3D and The Soundtrack Channel.

http://forums.att.com/t5/2013-and-Earlier-Relevancy/All-Three-quot-Root-quot-Stations-Are-Now-Gone/m-p/3246149/highlight/true#M43371

According to Wikipedia, The Soundtrack Channel is still around. ESPN 3D was shut down on September 30, 2013.

I do not see any major players on it's list of providers for The Satellite Channel. Insight Communications was completely absorbed by Time Warner last year so this November, 2013, Wikipedia article is incorrect. I do not know if Time Warner carries The Satellite Channel anywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Soundtrack_Channel

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Uverse will not be in my home any time soon. I may sign up for a one year contract and one month in find out that several of my favorite channels have been dropped.

Dave

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:
Uverse will not be in my home any time soon. I may sign up for a one year contract and one month in find out that several of my favorite channels have been dropped.

Dave

What the heck are you talking about? Did you not read the list of channels that I posted along with the date that those channels were dropped?

The Hallamrk Channel and  The Hallmark Movie Channel were gone on September 1, 2010. The NHL Network was gone on October 1, 2011. The three Root Channels were gone on July 1, 2012. ESPN 3D is no longer in existence while The Soundtrack Channel is a very minor channel on only a few American outlets.

What channels can you name that U-Verse has dropped since July 1, 2012 that are still in existence? None, I bet.

Lord help your provider if they should ever drop a channel.  We have heard on everyone of your posts that you do not want to sign up for U-Verse. We get the idea. None of us want to sign up for your provider, either, since we have chosen to have U-Verse as our provider.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:

Dave

So you seriously believe that AT&T Uverse is the ONLY provider that has contract disputes?  I guess you missed the last one TWC had with CBS where it was off the air for a couple of weeks until a contract was signed.  Last I checked Direct still has not resolved the contract issue with The Weather Channel, so you see, it's not exclusive.  For all you know you may wake up tomorrow and you may be missing several channels on your current provider because they are "negotiating" with the network.  Heaven forbid it's one of the major networks as they own several of the other channels.  ABC/Disney/ESPN etc. 

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

Don't forget that Directv dropped the Weather Channel also .

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

remember also a few years back....the food network ...diy and those other related channels were dropped for what 2 weeks....but was back in the lineup....

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@shewjr wrote:

remember also a few years back....the food network ...diy and those other related channels were dropped for what 2 weeks....but was back in the lineup....

The Scripps Channels  were gone for only a weekend, nothing long term. It was Friday, November 5- Sunday, November 7, 2010.

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

10 years ago

davette59 writes, "Uverse will not be in my home any time soon. I may sign up for a one year contract and one month in find out that several of my favorite channels have been dropped."

If AT&T U-verse "will not be" in your "home anytime soon," why would you "sign up for a [one-year] contract" so that you can "find out that several of [your] favorite channels have been dropped" by AT&T U-verse?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@LoveHD wrote:

davette59 writes, "Uverse will not be in my home any time soon. I may sign up for a one year contract and one month in find out that several of my favorite channels have been dropped."

If AT&T U-verse "will not be" in your "home anytime soon," why would you "sign up for a [one-year] contract" so that you can "find out that several of [your] favorite channels have been dropped" by AT&T U-verse?

I think Davette59 was saying this as an example of why he would NOT sign up for U-Verse. Of course, he could sign up with any provider for a one year contract, and the next day they could drop several of his favorite channels. He thinks only U-Verse does this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.