Where is the Hallmark Channel?

Contributor

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Message 436 of 787 (79,845 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

simbalia wrote:

We had u-verse TV, phone and internet installed yesterday and it took a few hours until I noticed we didn't have Hallmark. Part of me was disappointed, but the features that we now have and the other channels we didn't have (we have the U300) that are actually watchable channels far outweighed missing Hallmark. I am a Golden Girls Fan and will have to watch them on tvland with the record feature as they are on early am. I doubt I will miss too much the few movies that I did like on Hallmark...funny as some others have said they'll miss the Christmas shows...this is when I didn't watch Hallmark for 2 months or so because of the constant Christmas shows. If I had known the Hallmark channel was missing before signing up I still would have moved forward...there are so many others to replace it and there is always the option of dvd series which I do alot anyway.

We had TWC and as I'm sure alot know they went through something similar a few months back. Without warning about 5 channels were gone  and 1 was a local station due to negotiation problems. Suddenly we were shot back in time and had antennas hanging from our tv's to get the local (which didn't work) and we were told we now needed boxes to recieve the rest. I suspect they lost alot of customers that day from what the local TWC office looked like...lots of angry people with equipment. Luckly they worked it out after a few months, but these things happen I suppose....you just move on.

This is an excellent first post. There is no hysteria or threats in reference to The Hallmark Channels, only reason. Welcome to the forum. Please post often.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 285 of 787 (3,861 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

davette59 wrote:

I will not be getting Uverse any time soon. If they take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation, what's next? If I sign a contract to get Uverse for a year, I wouldn't expect to loose some of the channels that were included in my original contract because they cannot settle a negotiation. If you loose a channel that was included in your original contract, I would think that would be a breach of contract and make it null and void. However this is not how it works. I was with another provider under a two year contract when they dropped AMC due to failed negotiations. I was simply told " too bad, you are stuck in a contract anyway ". 

1. The word you're looking for is "lose" not "loose".

2. If you read over your contract, if you even have one, you can see that there aren't any TV channels listed on it and there is a disclaimer stating that availability of channels may change.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 286 of 787 (3,851 Views)

davette59 wrote:

I will not be getting Uverse any time soon. If they take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation, what's next? If I sign a contract to get Uverse for a year, I wouldn't expect to loose some of the channels that were included in my original contract because they cannot settle a negotiation. If you loose a channel that was included in your original contract, I would think that would be a breach of contract and make it null and void. However this is not how it works. I was with another provider under a two year contract when they dropped AMC due to failed negotiations. I was simply told " too bad, you are stuck in a contract anyway ". 

Then you might as well drop all cable/satellite providers because EVERY provider has dropped channels due to a contract dispute.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 287 of 787 (3,799 Views)
Tutor

Not a bad idea!!!
Message 288 of 787 (3,787 Views)

I was really hoping the TVG would become the new Hallmark Channel thread. I guest not.Smiley Sad

Message 289 of 787 (3,771 Views)
ACE - Professor

americangame wrote:

davette59 wrote:

1. The word you're looking for is "lose" not "loose".

2. If you read over your contract, if you even have one, you can see that there aren't any TV channels listed on it and there is a disclaimer stating that availability of channels may change.

3. Some dude from some state near Mexico lists the channel negotiations every month. I can think of three channels that were dropped. To say "take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation" is simply wrong. 99.9% of the time, the companies successfully negotiate a deal.

Message 290 of 787 (3,747 Views)
Tutor

My wife will not do without the Hallmark channel so even though I was ready to sign up with Uverse, I have decided to go with Dish network. I am so dissatisfied with Direct TV, I am going to pay the $100 penalty just to get out of the contract. I just don't think AT&T offers what it's competitors do. I do like the fact that AT&T only requires a one year contract though. Oh Well!

Dave
Message 291 of 787 (3,740 Views)
ACE - Expert

davette59 wrote:
My wife will not do without the Hallmark channel so even though I was ready to sign up with Uverse, I have decided to go with Dish network. I am so dissatisfied with Direct TV, I am going to pay the $100 penalty just to get out of the contract. I just don't think AT&T offers what it's competitors do. I do like the fact that AT&T only requires a one year contract though. Oh Well!

Dave

davette59, at least you did what many others have not and researched your options to know whether the providers have the channels that are important to you.  Good luck with Dish.  Who will you use for Internet?

Message 292 of 787 (3,737 Views)
ACE - Professor

davette59 wrote:

Dave

The funny thing about those penalties? They're part of the reason the "new customer discounts" are so enticing...the logic behind the TV providers is "Come to us! We'll pay you to get you out of your contract."

Message 293 of 787 (3,729 Views)
Contributor

Hallmark

We just had U-verse installed yesterday. I had no idea Hallmark was not available. Does AT&T ever intend on adding them back?
Message 294 of 787 (3,521 Views)
Employee

Re: Hallmark

Did you read the past 10 pages of posts?

No one knows, any contract discussions(if any occurring) would be kept quiet till an agreement was reached.

Every month carriage agreements with provider(s) bring change, some new channels added, some removed, some HD added to standard offerings, monthly posting informs of new offerings but in 40 months, Hallmark has not been one of them.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 295 of 787 (3,517 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

When will the Hallmark channels be back on Uverse?

When will the Hallmark channels be back on Uverse?  All through the holiday season I saw great commercials for the holiday Hallmark Channel movies.   Meanwhile AT&T keeps adding useless "interactive" channels and other new channels that no one cares about.  BRING BACK HALLMARK!

Message 296 of 787 (3,667 Views)
ACE - Master

HALLMARK IS NOT AVAILABLE ON UVERSE

[ Edited ]

jeanneintexas wrote:

When will the Hallmark channels be back on Uverse?  All through the holiday season I saw great commercials for the holiday Hallmark Channel movies.   Meanwhile AT&T keeps adding useless "interactive" channels and other new channels that no one cares about.  BRING BACK HALLMARK!

NEVER....HALLMARK IS GONE...LET US HAVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR HALLMARK AND THE HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL.  Smiley Sad

IT'S BEEN GONE FOR OVER 3 YEARS.  THERE IS NO WORD ON IT EVER COMING BACK TO UVERSE.  WE ARE DEEPLY SORRY IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR UVERSE WITHOUT KNOWING THIS INFORMATION.

NOW, LET'S ALL TRY TO MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES.  Smiley Frustrated

....AND YES, I CHANGED THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD SINCE THERE HAVE BEEN 2 POSTS IN THE LAST 30 MINS. ASKING ABOUT HALLMARK.

Message 297 of 787 (3,666 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: HALLMARK IS NOT AVAILABLE ON UVERSE

skeeterintexas wrote:

jeanneintexas wrote:

NEVER....HALLMARK IS GONE...LET US HAVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR HALLMARK AND THE HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL.  Smiley Sad

IT'S BEEN GONE FOR OVER 3 YEARS.  THERE IS NO WORD ON IT EVER COMING BACK TO UVERSE.  WE ARE DEEPLY SORRY IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR UVERSE WITHOUT KNOWING THIS INFORMATION.

NOW, LET'S ALL TRY TO MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES.  Smiley Frustrated

....AND YES, I CHANGED THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD SINCE THERE HAVE BEEN 2 POSTS IN THE LAST 30 MINS. ASKING ABOUT HALLMARK.

I wish we could afford a nationwide billboard and television commercial campaign to inform people of exactly what you said.

On March 1, it will be three and a half years.

Message 298 of 787 (3,635 Views)
Tutor

Re: Hallmark

When I recently inquired into getting Uverse, I gave the sales person a list of the channels that we presently had and wanted to have if we switched. One of these was the Hallmark channels. I was told by this person that they were in negotiations with Hallmark. I don't know if this was actually true or if he was just using that for sales leverage. We decided against Uverse anyway because he didn't sound very convincing and no Hallmark was a deal breaker.
Message 299 of 787 (3,632 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.