fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Fox Mulder wrote:

What's not being discussed here is that each provider has a contract with U-Verse. Everything is based on a contract. When we move a channel to another tier, it's a contractual agreement that forced that move.

Crown Media will never package Hallmark as a subscription channel.

I agree and doubt that CM would agree to being on a high-tiered pacakage only, like U-450.

I was not invited to the negotiations  Smiley Tongue but someone told me (supposedly in the know) that money was not the hold up but rather retransmission / VoD rights.  Long story short, somewhere it got ugly.  Uglier than Martha, lol.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

My two year contract with Direct TV is about to be satisfied and we contacted AT&T about acquiring a Uverse package. We were ready to sign up to have the system installed for our four TV's and high speed Internet when we were told by the sales person that they no longer carried the Halmark channel or the Halmark movie channel. These are two of my wife's favorite channels and she is adamet thatdid these are not included, we will not sign up. We are definitely going to change providers and if AT&T doesn't get Halmark back, we will be signing up with Dish Network and canceling our present high speed Internet. We had Dish in the past and were very pleased with them and only changed because we moved and Direct TV made us an offer we couldn't refuse. We had definitely decided to go with Uverse until we found that the Halmark channels had been eliminated. That was a sure deal buster! I am going to see what happens in the next two weeks and then I am contacting Dish to schedule installation of their service. We have had AT&T Internet for 20 years.

Dave B

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Hallmark and Hallmark Movies have been OFF the Uverse lineup for over 3 years (9/2010). 

The chances of it being brought back in the next 2 weeks is pretty slim.

to none.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:

My two year contract with Direct TV is about to be satisfied and we contacted AT&T about acquiring a Uverse package. We were ready to sign up to have the system installed for our four TV's and high speed Internet when we were told by the sales person that they no longer carried the Halmark channel or the Halmark movie channel. These are two of my wife's favorite channels and she is adamet thatdid these are not included, we will not sign up. We are definitely going to change providers and if AT&T doesn't get Halmark back, we will be signing up with Dish Network and canceling our present high speed Internet. We had Dish in the past and were very pleased with them and only changed because we moved and Direct TV made us an offer we couldn't refuse. We had definitely decided to go with Uverse until we found that the Halmark channels had been eliminated. That was a sure deal buster! I am going to see what happens in the next two weeks and then I am contacting Dish to schedule installation of their service. We have had AT&T Internet for 20 years.

Dave B

You are probably one of less than 1% who won't sign up for UVerse because of no Hallmark channel.  Even the satellite folks at Costco and Sams have said that Hallmark hasn't been enough to get folks to switch from UVerse to either one of the two.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Hallmark and Hallmark Movies have been OFF the Uverse lineup for over 3 years (9/2010). 

to none.

And Slim is out to lunch.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

to none.

And Slim is out to lunch.

Smiley Very Happy

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I will not be getting Uverse any time soon. If they take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation, what's next? If I sign a contract to get Uverse for a year, I wouldn't expect to loose some of the channels that were included in my original contract because they cannot settle a negotiation. If you loose a channel that was included in your original contract, I would think that would be a breach of contract and make it null and void. However this is not how it works. I was with another provider under a two year contract when they dropped AMC due to failed negotiations. I was simply told " too bad, you are stuck in a contract anyway ". 

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

We had u-verse TV, phone and internet installed yesterday and it took a few hours until I noticed we didn't have Hallmark. Part of me was disappointed, but the features that we now have and the other channels we didn't have (we have the U300) that are actually watchable channels far outweighed missing Hallmark. I am a Golden Girls Fan and will have to watch them on tvland with the record feature as they are on early am. I doubt I will miss too much the few movies that I did like on Hallmark...funny as some others have said they'll miss the Christmas shows...this is when I didn't watch Hallmark for 2 months or so because of the constant Christmas shows. If I had known the Hallmark channel was missing before signing up I still would have moved forward...there are so many others to replace it and there is always the option of dvd series which I do alot anyway.

We had TWC and as I'm sure alot know they went through something similar a few months back. Without warning about 5 channels were gone  and 1 was a local station due to negotiation problems. Suddenly we were shot back in time and had antennas hanging from our tv's to get the local (which didn't work) and we were told we now needed boxes to recieve the rest. I suspect they lost alot of customers that day from what the local TWC office looked like...lots of angry people with equipment. Luckly they worked it out after a few months, but these things happen I suppose....you just move on.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@simbalia wrote:

We had u-verse TV, phone and internet installed yesterday and it took a few hours until I noticed we didn't have Hallmark. Part of me was disappointed, but the features that we now have and the other channels we didn't have (we have the U300) that are actually watchable channels far outweighed missing Hallmark. I am a Golden Girls Fan and will have to watch them on tvland with the record feature as they are on early am. I doubt I will miss too much the few movies that I did like on Hallmark...funny as some others have said they'll miss the Christmas shows...this is when I didn't watch Hallmark for 2 months or so because of the constant Christmas shows. If I had known the Hallmark channel was missing before signing up I still would have moved forward...there are so many others to replace it and there is always the option of dvd series which I do alot anyway.

We had TWC and as I'm sure alot know they went through something similar a few months back. Without warning about 5 channels were gone  and 1 was a local station due to negotiation problems. Suddenly we were shot back in time and had antennas hanging from our tv's to get the local (which didn't work) and we were told we now needed boxes to recieve the rest. I suspect they lost alot of customers that day from what the local TWC office looked like...lots of angry people with equipment. Luckly they worked it out after a few months, but these things happen I suppose....you just move on.

This is an excellent first post. There is no hysteria or threats in reference to The Hallmark Channels, only reason. Welcome to the forum. Please post often.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:

I will not be getting Uverse any time soon. If they take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation, what's next? If I sign a contract to get Uverse for a year, I wouldn't expect to loose some of the channels that were included in my original contract because they cannot settle a negotiation. If you loose a channel that was included in your original contract, I would think that would be a breach of contract and make it null and void. However this is not how it works. I was with another provider under a two year contract when they dropped AMC due to failed negotiations. I was simply told " too bad, you are stuck in a contract anyway ". 

1. The word you're looking for is "lose" not "loose".

2. If you read over your contract, if you even have one, you can see that there aren't any TV channels listed on it and there is a disclaimer stating that availability of channels may change.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.