Where is the Hallmark Channel?

Contributor

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Message 436 of 787 (79,330 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

shaylaledoux wrote:

I know that demands and threats to leave don't help anything anyway.  I just wonder if Corporate every considered trying to meet the demands of many of their customers, as seen posted here and other web discussions that I have seen, by asking the public if they would absorb some of those fees in their subscription or by offering the channels as subscription channels.  I think that there are many of us that really love the family friendly programming and inspirational movies that don't even say anything about being unhappy.  I never even thought about voicing my disappointment until now and I have been a Uverse customer since April 2013.  That is partly because I didn't do my homework sufficiently to know that the Hallmark Channel and HMC were not part of the lineup, which made me a little embarassed, honestly.  I normally try to cover all my bases but I missed this one.  Thanks for the welcome to the community.

Everything I've seen said that AT&T is growing in subscribers, so you're right. Whoever *is* leaving due to a lack of a particular channel or feature probably isn't leaving in mass droves.

I'm sure AT&T would love to make it a premium channel and charge only the people who want it, but what about the other companies that wouldn't have that luxury? With everyone else, it's in a lower tier and they're probably paying a fee that AT&T doesn't want to pay. Besides, if you look at the other such channels like HBO, FOX Soccer Plus, the Japanese channels, or Showtime and how much they charge, would you want to pay a similar fee for two Hallmark channels?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 270 of 787 (5,045 Views)
Employee

Ignoring the what has to happen first issue...as Hallmark is family friendly would need to be on ufamily, also would need to be included on u450 (all major channels including HBO).

As ufamily does not include sports (u200 and above) would not expect a mass downgrading to ufamily.
If Hallmark included in above but a add on for u200 and u300 at $10 per month. Would expect many would upgrade from u300 to u450.
Why? On u300 HD fee is $10, HBO is $26 that current is a $36 price difference yet the upgrade prce is $32 (121-89).
With Hallmark upgrade at $10 producing a $46 price difference, better value.
If do not want HBO, stay on u300 with HD and HM add $20 to package price.

Another option is add to HD premium package, change price from $7 to $10....
This way not included in u450, only as a add on get the NFL Redzone, HM, Sony Movie, Smithsonian for $10....a bargain.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 271 of 787 (4,170 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

What's not being discussed here is that each provider has a contract with U-Verse. Everything is based on a contract. When we move a channel to another tier, it's a contractual agreement that forced that move.

Crown Media will never package Hallmark as a subscription channel.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 272 of 787 (4,149 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Is there ANY chance of negotiations?  

Message 273 of 787 (4,130 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

Ranzeid wrote:

Is there ANY chance of negotiations?  

We are U-Verse subscribers just like you so none of us know if there is any chance for negotiations between AT&T and Crown Media, the owners of the Hallmark channels. AT&T like most businesses do not reveal the status of negotiations until they are finished. There is always a chance, but the Hallmark channels have been gone since September 1, 2010.

At this time, however, most long time members of this forum feel that at this time there is very little or no chance of negotiations.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 274 of 787 (4,122 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Fox Mulder wrote:

What's not being discussed here is that each provider has a contract with U-Verse. Everything is based on a contract. When we move a channel to another tier, it's a contractual agreement that forced that move.

Crown Media will never package Hallmark as a subscription channel.

I agree and doubt that CM would agree to being on a high-tiered pacakage only, like U-450.

I was not invited to the negotiations  Smiley Tongue but someone told me (supposedly in the know) that money was not the hold up but rather retransmission / VoD rights.  Long story short, somewhere it got ugly.  Uglier than Martha, lol.

Message 275 of 787 (4,071 Views)
Tutor

My two year contract with Direct TV is about to be satisfied and we contacted AT&T about acquiring a Uverse package. We were ready to sign up to have the system installed for our four TV's and high speed Internet when we were told by the sales person that they no longer carried the Halmark channel or the Halmark movie channel. These are two of my wife's favorite channels and she is adamet thatdid these are not included, we will not sign up. We are definitely going to change providers and if AT&T doesn't get Halmark back, we will be signing up with Dish Network and canceling our present high speed Internet. We had Dish in the past and were very pleased with them and only changed because we moved and Direct TV made us an offer we couldn't refuse. We had definitely decided to go with Uverse until we found that the Halmark channels had been eliminated. That was a sure deal buster! I am going to see what happens in the next two weeks and then I am contacting Dish to schedule installation of their service. We have had AT&T Internet for 20 years.

Dave B

Message 276 of 787 (3,939 Views)
ACE - Master

Hallmark and Hallmark Movies have been OFF the Uverse lineup for over 3 years (9/2010). 

The chances of it being brought back in the next 2 weeks is pretty slim.

Message 277 of 787 (3,936 Views)
ACE - Professor

skeeterintexas wrote:

Hallmark and Hallmark Movies have been OFF the Uverse lineup for over 3 years (9/2010). 

to none.

Message 278 of 787 (3,923 Views)

davette59 wrote:

My two year contract with Direct TV is about to be satisfied and we contacted AT&T about acquiring a Uverse package. We were ready to sign up to have the system installed for our four TV's and high speed Internet when we were told by the sales person that they no longer carried the Halmark channel or the Halmark movie channel. These are two of my wife's favorite channels and she is adamet thatdid these are not included, we will not sign up. We are definitely going to change providers and if AT&T doesn't get Halmark back, we will be signing up with Dish Network and canceling our present high speed Internet. We had Dish in the past and were very pleased with them and only changed because we moved and Direct TV made us an offer we couldn't refuse. We had definitely decided to go with Uverse until we found that the Halmark channels had been eliminated. That was a sure deal buster! I am going to see what happens in the next two weeks and then I am contacting Dish to schedule installation of their service. We have had AT&T Internet for 20 years.

Dave B

You are probably one of less than 1% who won't sign up for UVerse because of no Hallmark channel.  Even the satellite folks at Costco and Sams have said that Hallmark hasn't been enough to get folks to switch from UVerse to either one of the two.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 279 of 787 (3,915 Views)
ACE - Professor

dwinth wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

to none.

And Slim is out to lunch.

Message 280 of 787 (3,900 Views)
ACE - Master

MicCheck wrote:

dwinth wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

to none.

And Slim is out to lunch.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 281 of 787 (3,903 Views)
Tutor

I will not be getting Uverse any time soon. If they take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation, what's next? If I sign a contract to get Uverse for a year, I wouldn't expect to loose some of the channels that were included in my original contract because they cannot settle a negotiation. If you loose a channel that was included in your original contract, I would think that would be a breach of contract and make it null and void. However this is not how it works. I was with another provider under a two year contract when they dropped AMC due to failed negotiations. I was simply told " too bad, you are stuck in a contract anyway ". 

Message 282 of 787 (3,883 Views)
Employee

The Terms of Service agreement states that programming may change, and is not a breach of contract.

Many times channels are added, including recently BBC HD and others, but at times channels are deleted if a mutually beneficial contract cannot be reached. As in any relationship, “Change is the only constant in life.” ― Heraclitus.
Employee Contributor*
Message 283 of 787 (3,878 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

We had u-verse TV, phone and internet installed yesterday and it took a few hours until I noticed we didn't have Hallmark. Part of me was disappointed, but the features that we now have and the other channels we didn't have (we have the U300) that are actually watchable channels far outweighed missing Hallmark. I am a Golden Girls Fan and will have to watch them on tvland with the record feature as they are on early am. I doubt I will miss too much the few movies that I did like on Hallmark...funny as some others have said they'll miss the Christmas shows...this is when I didn't watch Hallmark for 2 months or so because of the constant Christmas shows. If I had known the Hallmark channel was missing before signing up I still would have moved forward...there are so many others to replace it and there is always the option of dvd series which I do alot anyway.

We had TWC and as I'm sure alot know they went through something similar a few months back. Without warning about 5 channels were gone  and 1 was a local station due to negotiation problems. Suddenly we were shot back in time and had antennas hanging from our tv's to get the local (which didn't work) and we were told we now needed boxes to recieve the rest. I suspect they lost alot of customers that day from what the local TWC office looked like...lots of angry people with equipment. Luckly they worked it out after a few months, but these things happen I suppose....you just move on.

Message 284 of 787 (3,869 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.