fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

You must work for AT&T... who else would say what you just said... 🙂

Anyway  if it is so old request as you mentioned...., why do you hear that complaint that the channel is not available often? It means that some of us do care enough to complaint... 🙂 and maybe, maybe it will come back - I think from your previous comments all you care about is sports and if that is true and you work for AT&T ... that is an interesting combination...

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@digitrds wrote:

Anyway  if it is so old request as you mentioned...., why do you hear that complaint that the channel is not available often? It means that some of us do care enough to complaint... 🙂 and maybe, maybe it will come back - I think from your previous comments all you care about is sports and if that is true and you work for AT&T ... that is an interesting combination...

AT&T employees carry a moniker stating such.   The "ACE" that replied to your post is not an ATT employee.  That I know.  Does dwinth love sports?  I guess so.  Smiley Frustrated

Do we hear complaints about Uverse failing to carry the Hallmark channel?  Practically DAILY!  Especially around the holidays.  Smiley Sad

Will ATT pick the Hallmark Channel up after a 3+ year absence?  Perhaps. Who knows what the future holds.  Smiley Surprised

Hope springs eternal.....  Smiley LOL

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@digitrds wrote:

As Skeeterintexas said, I am not an employee of AT&T. Please site some of my previous posts that indicate that all I care about is sports. You will find that my posts are about a lot of different channels and subjects.

In reality, the only sports channel that I really care about is Fox Sports Midwest which carries the telecasts of the St. Louis Cardinals.

We have been hearing these complaining posts about the Hallmark channels since it was first announced in July, 2010, that the contract would be up on the last day of August, 2010. For the most part, we are are subscribers to U-Verse just like you. As far as I know there are no AT&T employees among the ACE forum members. Only the people in programming at AT&T can do anything about bringing back the Hallmark channels. The ACE forum members and everyone else who contribute to this forum cannot do anything about it.

Please do a little more research before you make your accusations.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have been a longtime customer with ATT mobility and I even worked as a Customer Service Rep for a couple of years because I really liked ATT and believed in the service that it provides.  When UVerse was just coming out, I was excited about it and couldn't wait for it to come to my area because of many of the features.  When we moved into our new house, my hubby and I dropped Time Warner Cable for Uverse mainly due to the sports channels availability for my hubby.  It was my mistake that I did not catch that Uverse did not carry Hallmark Channel.  We were so focused on what channels they had for my hubby and my kids.  I love Hallmark movies all the time but especially the Christmas ones and I really missed them this year.  Honestly, I would happy to pay for the channel like a subscription channel i.e. Disney Movie Channel.  I don't want to leave Uverse, and my hubby would be disappointed to lose the NFL Redzone (He is from Colorado and doesn't get to watch some of the Broncos games here in NC without the channel).  I don't mind sacrificing what I want so my hubby can be happy but I don't think that either of us should have to sacrifice.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@shaylaledoux wrote:

I have been a longtime customer with ATT mobility and I even worked as a Customer Service Rep for a couple of years because I really liked ATT and believed in the service that it provides.  When UVerse was just coming out, I was excited about it and couldn't wait for it to come to my area because of many of the features.  When we moved into our new house, my hubby and I dropped Time Warner Cable for Uverse mainly due to the sports channels availability for my hubby.  It was my mistake that I did not catch that Uverse did not carry Hallmark Channel.  We were so focused on what channels they had for my hubby and my kids.  I love Hallmark movies all the time but especially the Christmas ones and I really missed them this year.  Honestly, I would happy to pay for the channel like a subscription channel i.e. Disney Movie Channel.  I don't want to leave Uverse, and my hubby would be disappointed to lose the NFL Redzone (He is from Colorado and doesn't get to watch some of the Broncos games here in NC without the channel).  I don't mind sacrificing what I want so my hubby can be happy but I don't think that either of us should have to sacrifice.

Thank you for a well thought out first post. You stated your feelings without making demands or threats to leave.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you post often.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I know that demands and threats to leave don't help anything anyway.  I just wonder if Corporate every considered trying to meet the demands of many of their customers, as seen posted here and other web discussions that I have seen, by asking the public if they would absorb some of those fees in their subscription or by offering the channels as subscription channels.  I think that there are many of us that really love the family friendly programming and inspirational movies that don't even say anything about being unhappy.  I never even thought about voicing my disappointment until now and I have been a Uverse customer since April 2013.  That is partly because I didn't do my homework sufficiently to know that the Hallmark Channel and HMC were not part of the lineup, which made me a little embarassed, honestly.  I normally try to cover all my bases but I missed this one.  Thanks for the welcome to the community.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

@shaylaledoux wrote:

I know that demands and threats to leave don't help anything anyway.  I just wonder if Corporate every considered trying to meet the demands of many of their customers, as seen posted here and other web discussions that I have seen, by asking the public if they would absorb some of those fees in their subscription or by offering the channels as subscription channels.  I think that there are many of us that really love the family friendly programming and inspirational movies that don't even say anything about being unhappy.  I never even thought about voicing my disappointment until now and I have been a Uverse customer since April 2013.  That is partly because I didn't do my homework sufficiently to know that the Hallmark Channel and HMC were not part of the lineup, which made me a little embarassed, honestly.  I normally try to cover all my bases but I missed this one.  Thanks for the welcome to the community.

Everything I've seen said that AT&T is growing in subscribers, so you're right. Whoever *is* leaving due to a lack of a particular channel or feature probably isn't leaving in mass droves.

I'm sure AT&T would love to make it a premium channel and charge only the people who want it, but what about the other companies that wouldn't have that luxury? With everyone else, it's in a lower tier and they're probably paying a fee that AT&T doesn't want to pay. Besides, if you look at the other such channels like HBO, FOX Soccer Plus, the Japanese channels, or Showtime and how much they charge, would you want to pay a similar fee for two Hallmark channels?

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

What's not being discussed here is that each provider has a contract with U-Verse. Everything is based on a contract. When we move a channel to another tier, it's a contractual agreement that forced that move.

Crown Media will never package Hallmark as a subscription channel.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Is there ANY chance of negotiations?  

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Ranzeid wrote:

Is there ANY chance of negotiations?  

We are U-Verse subscribers just like you so none of us know if there is any chance for negotiations between AT&T and Crown Media, the owners of the Hallmark channels. AT&T like most businesses do not reveal the status of negotiations until they are finished. There is always a chance, but the Hallmark channels have been gone since September 1, 2010.

At this time, however, most long time members of this forum feel that at this time there is very little or no chance of negotiations.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.