fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

This Hallmark thread will eventually become as large as the old one from 2010 that was finally shut down. What the people who are upset with U-Verse do not realize is that no matter how many posts or threats they make to leave U-Verse , nothing will change as a result.

AT&T is completely aware that there are subscribers who would like to have the Hallmark channels back. It isn't as if AT&T is surprised at this point by all of the posts after three years and three months.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again: I was a retention Rep for Uverse in 2010. I cancelled more accounts during the Scripps-conflict weekend that November than during the 2 years between Hallmark's disappearance and my departure. 

Heck, I would almost think I cancelled more accounts because of the FS Midwest Cardinal's game disputes (which affected only a handful of Uverse markets) than because of Hallmark.

I am very surprised by your findings, but I will not dispute what you said since you were a retention representative for U-Verse for two years. What you found indicates how unimportant the Hallmark channels are to most U-Verse subscribers. It is the very small vocal minority that makes it sound otherwise.

I would imagine that some of those subscribers who left during the Scripps-AT&T conflict came back to U-Verse when the new carriage agreement was signed.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Guru

• 

417 Messages

10 years ago

Hiding the shopping channels is like playing Whack-a-Mole. As soon as you hide one, two more pop up. They really are getting out of hand... It used to be that they were consolidated. Now, they are spread out everywhere except, of course, in the premiums.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@MicCheck wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

This Hallmark thread will eventually become as large as the old one from 2010 that was finally shut down. What the people who are upset with U-Verse do not realize is that no matter how many posts or threats they make to leave U-Verse , nothing will change as a result.

AT&T is completely aware that there are subscribers who would like to have the Hallmark channels back. It isn't as if AT&T is surprised at this point by all of the posts after three years and three months.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again: I was a retention Rep for Uverse in 2010. I cancelled more accounts during the Scripps-conflict weekend that November than during the 2 years between Hallmark's disappearance and my departure. 

Heck, I would almost think I cancelled more accounts because of the FS Midwest Cardinal's game disputes (which affected only a handful of Uverse markets) than because of Hallmark.

I am very surprised by your findings, but I will not dispute what you said since you were a retention representative for U-Verse for two years. What you found indicates how unimportant the Hallmark channels are to most U-Verse subscribers. It is the very small vocal minority that makes it sound otherwise.

I would imagine that some of those subscribers who left during the Scripps-AT&T conflict came back to U-Verse when the new carriage agreement was signed.

In fairness, remember, I was just one rep, so my experience may have been unusual. Also, the Scripps networks affected a variety of channels, so it makes sense more people complained.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

There really aren't that many different posters in these threads, it's usually 1 new post and 5 or six of us regulars responding.

And I'm sure many of those new posters could easily be the same person with a new free email address posting from the offices of Comcast, et al.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@marcindublin wrote:

Hiding the shopping channels is like playing Whack-a-Mole. As soon as you hide one, two more pop up. They really are getting out of hand... It used to be that they were consolidated. Now, they are spread out everywhere except, of course, in the premiums.

Huh? misplaced post? At least now you can directly input the channel number, even if it isn't obvious.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I am getting pressure from my wife to drop ATT and go to Charter to get the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel.  I understand the issue with programming costs.  How about adding the Hallmark Channel as a premium channel (like HBO, etc)?  We would pay a monthly fee just to have those channels available - and be able to keep our other great ATT lineup. Otherwise, to keep peace at home, I may have to drop Uverse and go back to cable just to avoid spousal abuse!

Thanks for thinking about this option, ATT.   Negotiate a premium fee with Hallmark.  It could be a win-win for both ATT and Hallmark - as well as your customers who really appreciate the Hallmark programming. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@taxnegotiator wrote:

I am getting pressure from my wife to drop ATT and go to Charter to get the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel.  I understand the issue with programming costs.  How about adding the Hallmark Channel as a premium channel (like HBO, etc)?  We would pay a monthly fee just to have those channels available - and be able to keep our other great ATT lineup. Otherwise, to keep peace at home, I may have to drop Uverse and go back to cable just to avoid spousal abuse!

Thanks for thinking about this option, ATT.   Negotiate a premium fee with Hallmark.  It could be a win-win for both ATT and Hallmark - as well as your customers who really appreciate the Hallmark programming. 

The problem with the premium channel option is that Hallmark probably wants the channel on a lower tier so they can get more money. (x cents times subscribers vs $12.95 times even fewer subscribers.) Putting the channel as a premium option would also make other providers feel hosed..."why can AT&T offer it as a $12.95 option where we have to charge everyone for a low-rated channel?"

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@taxnegotiator wrote:

Yup, my wife wants them back too.  They may never come back.   I think that either party (or maybe both) do not want to negotiate at this time.  Someone got their feelings hurt, IMHO.

I will agree the premium option won't work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I do not have AT&T for cable TV because they do not have the Hallmark Channel. I will switch once they bring it back. Not everyone wants to watch sports. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

Don't hold your breath.  Hallmark has been gone for well over 3 years and no sign of it's return. 

Enjoy your cable.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.