fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

There are some big names in the "not listed" page but there are dozens in the "listed" sectiom.  Wonder if most are mom and pop type providers, more indicative a rural area and more receptive to Hallmark?

That was my observation as well, d.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@Tristalynne wrote:

Maybe it is or isn't one's fault for not checking the listings before signing up for new provider or maybe your spouse just signed up for it without asking you!  However, whatever the reason is, one is now with U-verse which doesn't provide the Hallmark channel.  I, myself, wasn't aware we didn't have it until I went looking for it, to watch the holiday movies that I heard they were showing on certain days.  Not just the "new" holiday movies, but old classics.  When my search left me hopeless, I saught answers on the Internet, which has landed me here. 

Now, here's what I HAVE noticed... as a U-verse customer, I can't find anything that comes close to offering what the Hallmark channel does as far as holiday movies.  I, however noticed, that U-verse offers the option of PAYING for their holiday movies. 

This leads me to wonder the real reason for them not coming to a satisfactory agreement with Crown.  Perhaps they feel if their customers can't get the Hallmark movies, they'll be willing to PAY for the movies they have to offer??

After much thought, I decided to just order the old classic holiday movies and wa la... my problem is solved.  I'll have them to watch every year and pass on to my family.

It really is a sad thing though that two companies can not come to some agreement where it would benefit their customers.  If both sides would stop and realize, without customers, neither one of them or their services would be needed.  Maybe taking the customer into consideration first would help them in their bargaining attempts.

Just a thought.

When you think of Christmas Classic movies and TV shows, are any of them Hallmark branded or would be exclusively shown on Hallmark?

Most of the classics will be shown on broadcast TV (Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, etc.) or on ABC Family (Jingle all the way, Santa Clause, anything with Tim Allen in a Christmas movie, etc.)

Yes Hallmark has a bunch of original Christmas Movies each year, but the average person couldn't distinguish the difference between them if they were quizzed a few days after watching them.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

@americangame wrote:

@Tristalynne wrote:

Maybe it is or isn't one's fault for not checking the listings before signing up for new provider or maybe your spouse just signed up for it without asking you!  However, whatever the reason is, one is now with U-verse which doesn't provide the Hallmark channel.  I, myself, wasn't aware we didn't have it until I went looking for it, to watch the holiday movies that I heard they were showing on certain days.  Not just the "new" holiday movies, but old classics.  When my search left me hopeless, I saught answers on the Internet, which has landed me here. 

Now, here's what I HAVE noticed... as a U-verse customer, I can't find anything that comes close to offering what the Hallmark channel does as far as holiday movies.  I, however noticed, that U-verse offers the option of PAYING for their holiday movies. 

This leads me to wonder the real reason for them not coming to a satisfactory agreement with Crown.  Perhaps they feel if their customers can't get the Hallmark movies, they'll be willing to PAY for the movies they have to offer??

After much thought, I decided to just order the old classic holiday movies and wa la... my problem is solved.  I'll have them to watch every year and pass on to my family.

It really is a sad thing though that two companies can not come to some agreement where it would benefit their customers.  If both sides would stop and realize, without customers, neither one of them or their services would be needed.  Maybe taking the customer into consideration first would help them in their bargaining attempts.

Just a thought.

When you think of Christmas Classic movies and TV shows, are any of them Hallmark branded or would be exclusively shown on Hallmark?

Most of the classics will be shown on broadcast TV (Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, etc.) or on ABC Family (Jingle all the way, Santa Clause, anything with Tim Allen in a Christmas movie, etc.)

Yes Hallmark has a bunch of original Christmas Movies each year, but the average person couldn't distinguish the difference between them if they were quizzed a few days after watching them.

I'm talking about classic movies from way back such as: Shop Around the Corner, Holiday Affair, Holiday, Christmas in Connecticut, etc. etc.  There's so many more.  While many of them were before my time, they were still some that you saw quite often around the holidays.  Bing Crosby, Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy, etc.

Not sure what the comment about the "average" person means?  Are you saying the "average" person wouldn't or couldn't enjoy an old "classic"?  Tradition is a good thing, and it's never too late to start one.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

While I love the old classics, I have to admit, You've Got Mail, Michael, Stepmom, Sleepless in Seattle, and a few others are my all time favorites.

Maybe one day they'll create a channel with nothing but movies that have some Christmas and other holidays in them that can be watched year round. The Holiday Channel instead of "Hallmark" or something 🙂

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Tristalynne wrote:
While I love the old classics, I have to admit, You've Got Mail, Michael, Stepmom, Sleepless in Seattle, and a few others are my all time favorites.

Maybe one day they'll create a channel with nothing but movies that have some Christmas and other holidays in them that can be watched year round. The Holiday Channel instead of "Hallmark" or something 🙂

Trista, please see this thread by my pal OUFan....  It is not all of the Holiday movies (obviously some channels did not get populated very far out) but it does have LOTS of movies on channels that U-Verse does offer.

As far as Holiday faves, I don't have that many and I forget their names but there is a Christmas Hobo movie where this older guy is a homeless / transient type and he decides to visit his estranged son and family, for the Holidays and another where a dad and teenaged daughter travel from the East Coast to the Rocky Mountains in an old pickup truck and they keep seeing this woman along the way, who is trying to get to the West Coast.  I've only seen the latter once and I want to see it again but have no idea of its title. Smiley Sad

You mention a classics type channel, next month Encore is rebranding it's Love Channel to Encore Classic with classics that Babyboomers enjoy.  It may not be exactly what you are looking for but it may be a start.  On 12/2 Encore Love, channel will become Encore Classic – featuring iconic movies as well as classic TV.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

A Hobo's Christmas?   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093198/

The Christmas Gift? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090839/

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

A Hobo's Christmas?   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093198/

The Christmas Gift? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090839/

Hobo Yes, the other No.  I have seen the latter and it was a good movie (Jon Denver!) but the cross country trip movie was very recent.  Thank you!

EDIT: The father/daughter road trip movie is The Road to Christmas (2006) with Jennifer Gray.  Nice movie!  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800115/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

We had horrible service from our previous carrier Time Warner and couldn't be happier with Att, so it wasn't an option to review channels prior to the change, because it wouldn't have made a difference.  I would be happy to pay a monthly charge to watch The Hallmark Channel if offered, did suscribe to Spirt Clips to get a small fix but it isn't enough.  It's stupid that two companies can't resolve this.  In researching AT&T has been steadly growing over the past 3 years probably all those leaving crappy companies,  and one would think that Hallmark parent company would take notice.  So I turn to Lifetime, AMC, and Turner for the classics.   And maybe Hallmark will be offered on other venues like HULU and ITunes. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am supposed to switch from Directv to Uverse next week.  I have been watching Hallmark all month because of all their holiday movies.  I was surprised when I didn't see this channel on the Uverse lineup.  They have so many obscure channels, you think they could work out a deal with a more mainstream service.  I might have to postpone my switch until after the holidays.

They have been at loggerheads for three years.  How sad.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.