fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I did not realize until I began to look for holiday programming that Uverse does not have the Hallmark Channel or Hallmark Movie Channel. I would not have subscribed had I known. We always love their holiday movies. Always, always, always -- every year!

I just thought I hadn't ordered the right package so was going to upgrade to U300 or even U450 if needed to get it. But no! It's no where in the lineup! My 81-year-old mother doesn't have that many Christmases left to enjoy, and will have to go through one without the kind of shows she loves. Sure, Lifetime has some, but nothing like those on Hallmark.

And it sounds like Uverse isn't even trying.

Well, this is the only year we will be without Hallmark at Christmas. If Uverse doesn't have it by the time our contract with them ends next spring, we are gone. Love everything else about the service --especially the wireless DVRs -- but not enough to go through Christmas without Hallmark.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@odypen wrote:

I did not realize until I began to look for holiday programming that Uverse does not have the Hallmark Channel or Hallmark Movie Channel. I would not have subscribed had I known. We always love their holiday movies. Always, always, always -- every year!

I just thought I hadn't ordered the right package so was going to upgrade to U300 or even U450 if needed to get it. But no! It's no where in the lineup! My 81-year-old mother doesn't have that many Christmases left to enjoy, and will have to go through one without the kind of shows she loves. Sure, Lifetime has some, but nothing like those on Hallmark.

And it sounds like Uverse isn't even trying.

Well, this is the only year we will be without Hallmark at Christmas. If Uverse doesn't have it by the time our contract with them ends next spring, we are gone. Love everything else about the service --especially the wireless DVRs -- but not enough to go through Christmas without Hallmark.

As it has been repeated over and over again, The Hallmark Channel has not been part of the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010. If the Hallmark Channel was so important to you, you should have checked for it's presence before signing up.

Unless there is a Winter or Spring surprise, The Hallmark Channel will not be back by the time your contract is up.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

10 years ago

odypen writes, "My 81-year-old mother doesn't have that many Christmases left to enjoy, and will have to go through one without the kind of shows she loves."

I wouldn't waste her time putting up with your current situation. It would be advisable to switch to a different provider of cable television programming.

This is not a nice thing to say; but there have been too many thread, and individual, postings on this topic which ultimately tests the patience of those who question the sincerity with which such postings are made.

If I was in the situation you have described … the switch would have already happened.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Another Holiday Season is upon us and we still don't have the Hallmark Channel . . . I'm sure a year is long enough to negotiate a fair rate.  Someone has dropped the ball. The Hallmark Channel is one of the highlights of the Holiday Season for me and my family.  I am not a happy U-verse customer and am seriously considering going back to Comcast for this very reason. Please do better!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I would suggest that you check out channel INSP.  They have a lot of the content that Hallmark has carried over the years.  It's not the same, and doesn't have the Hallmark movies, but it may help fill the gap for you.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@NayLeo wrote:

Another Holiday Season is upon us and we still don't have the Hallmark Channel . . . I'm sure a year is long enough to negotiate a fair rate.  Someone has dropped the ball. The Hallmark Channel is one of the highlights of the Holiday Season for me and my family.  I am not a happy U-verse customer and am seriously considering going back to Comcast for this very reason. Please do better!

I'm sure you meant "THREE years" since Hallmark has been gone since Sept. 2010.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Just for Shiggles, I tried to watch a movie from "Hallmarkchanneleverywhere.com" and contrary to what I originally thought, it is restricted to participating providers.  I'm sorry that s/b "Hallmarkeverywherebutuverse," lol.

Now, for NayLeo: If you go back to Comcast, please understand that while Comcast does carry the channesl, they do not participate in the special add ons, such as Hallmarkeverywhere.  I have heard that retransmission rights (such as the hallmarkeverywhere access)  NOT costs were the major stumbling block.

All: If you change providers without looking at the channel guide, yourself, you and you alone are at fault, for that.  Sorry, just keeping it real.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I don't know if you looked at the list of providers that you can select from when your provider isn't listed in the "supported" list, but here's what I saw:

Armstrong
AT&T
Atlantic Broadband
Blue Ridge Cable Technologies, Inc.
Buckeye Cablevision, Inc.
Cable ONE
Charter Communications
Comcast
Cox Communications
DirecTV
Dish Network
Harron Communications, LP
Midcontinent Communications
RCN Telecom Services, LLC

Three of the top 5 wired video providers, and both US satellite providers.  Got a ways to go.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

I don't know if you looked at the list of providers that you can select from when your provider isn't listed in the "supported" list, but here's what I saw:

Armstrong
AT&T
Atlantic Broadband
Blue Ridge Cable Technologies, Inc.
Buckeye Cablevision, Inc.
Cable ONE
Charter Communications
Comcast
Cox Communications
DirecTV
Dish Network
Harron Communications, LP
Midcontinent Communications
RCN Telecom Services, LLC

Three of the top 5 wired video providers, and both US satellite providers.  Got a ways to go.

There are some big names in the "not listed" page but there are dozens in the "listed" sectiom.  Wonder if most are mom and pop type providers, more indicative a rural area and more receptive to Hallmark?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe it is or isn't one's fault for not checking the listings before signing up for new provider or maybe your spouse just signed up for it without asking you!  However, whatever the reason is, one is now with U-verse which doesn't provide the Hallmark channel.  I, myself, wasn't aware we didn't have it until I went looking for it, to watch the holiday movies that I heard they were showing on certain days.  Not just the "new" holiday movies, but old classics.  When my search left me hopeless, I saught answers on the Internet, which has landed me here. 

Now, here's what I HAVE noticed... as a U-verse customer, I can't find anything that comes close to offering what the Hallmark channel does as far as holiday movies.  I, however noticed, that U-verse offers the option of PAYING for their holiday movies. 

This leads me to wonder the real reason for them not coming to a satisfactory agreement with Crown.  Perhaps they feel if their customers can't get the Hallmark movies, they'll be willing to PAY for the movies they have to offer??

After much thought, I decided to just order the old classic holiday movies and wa la... my problem is solved.  I'll have them to watch every year and pass on to my family.

It really is a sad thing though that two companies can not come to some agreement where it would benefit their customers.  If both sides would stop and realize, without customers, neither one of them or their services would be needed.  Maybe taking the customer into consideration first would help them in their bargaining attempts.

Just a thought.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.