Where is the Hallmark Channel?

Contributor

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Message 436 of 787 (79,686 Views)
Employee

Re: hallmark

[ Edited ]

dhascall wrote:

my thoughts wrote:
During this time of the year is when they normally have the most viewers. 6-8 weeks out of year, suspect they charge more to advertisers claiming increased exposure due to larger base (think along lines of Super Bowl ads). What happens if people do not turn on and tune in, Advertising next year will be harder, have to reduce their charges, hurt the bottom line.

Do you have the numbers to back that up?  That may have been true at one point.  They now have a hit show (depending on what you call a hit) that apparently won its time slot.  So, "Holiday Season" may be an important part of their schedule but it sounds like they are trying to be a player all year.  I do not see a channel advertising / marketing themselves as a sign of weakness.  ESPN runs ads EVERYWHERE!  Why would they do that when they are getting almost $6/sub per month?  I really think that HM may be on the upswing and AT&T could be the one being passed by.  Just keeping it real.

The TV Guide Network is another network not on U-Verse and CBS is now morphing that into a full blown channel (I see a rename, coming).  Can you say " Big Brother After Dark?"  This the first year that I missed BBAD.  Thanks AT&T. Smiley Wink

Being a BBAD fan I too missed it, however, and a big however...TVGN bleeped the harsh language and blurred the images too harsh for regular TV. The answer is not TVGN, but to put it back on Showtime where they can show it uncensored.

:-)

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 150 of 787 (2,547 Views)
ACE - Master

Fox Mulder wrote:

dhascall wrote:

my thoughts wrote:
During this time of the year is when they normally have the most viewers. 6-8 weeks out of year, suspect they charge more to advertisers claiming increased exposure due to larger base (think along lines of Super Bowl ads). What happens if people do not turn on and tune in, Advertising next year will be harder, have to reduce their charges, hurt the bottom line.

Do you have the numbers to back that up?  That may have been true at one point.  They now have a hit show (depending on what you call a hit) that apparently won its time slot.  So, "Holiday Season" may be an important part of their schedule but it sounds like they are trying to be a player all year.  I do not see a channel advertising / marketing themselves as a sign of weakness.  ESPN runs ads EVERYWHERE!  Why would they do that when they are getting almost $6/sub per month?  I really think that HM may be on the upswing and AT&T could be the one being passed by.  Just keeping it real.

The TV Guide Network is another network not on U-Verse and CBS is now morphing that into a full blown channel (I see a rename, coming).  Can you say " Big Brother After Dark?"  This the first year that I missed BBAD.  Thanks AT&T. Smiley Wink

Being a BBAD fan I too missed it, however, and a big however...TVGN bleeped the harsh language and blurred the images too harsh for regular TV. The answer is not TVGN, but to put it back on Showtime where they can show it uncensored.

:-)

True Dat!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 151 of 787 (2,621 Views)
ACE - Expert

What, you don't like da fishbowl?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 152 of 787 (2,611 Views)
ACE - Master

Yerah, I went to Shedd Aquarium, I don't need to see no more stinkin' fishes! Smiley Very Happy

Message 153 of 787 (2,600 Views)
Employee

JefferMC wrote:

What, you don't like da fishbowl?

Another viewer!! LOL

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 154 of 787 (2,587 Views)
ACE - Expert

My wife was a faithful viewer of BBAD.  For several summers I'd pick up Showtime (or U-300 in the U-verse world) so she could watch it, then drop back in the fall. 

I'll watch the actual episodes with her, but you can't make me watch 21 more hours of that stuff a week.  Three is quite enough.

Message 155 of 787 (2,579 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

JefferMC wrote:

My wife was a faithful viewer of BBAD.  For several summers I'd pick up Showtime (or U-300 in the U-verse world) so she could watch it, then drop back in the fall. 

I'll watch the actual episodes with her, but you can't make me watch 21 more hours of that stuff a week.  Three is quite enough.

I see your point but my wife is up at all hours, and I often got a "you gotta see this" about silly stuff that went on, during BBAD.  It was cool on Showtime but I am guessing that it was lame on TVGN.  I almost considered a trial of the Live Feeds.  CBS did those differently too, this year.

I actually wish that they did BB 2x a year.

Message 156 of 787 (2,555 Views)
Contributor

Want the hallmark channel-voicing my opinion

My favorite channels when we had satellite was TLC, HGTV and HALLMARK.  I really wish U-verse would rconsider their position and add back the very family friendly Hallmark channel to the line up. I've missed it terribly since starting with U-verse.  My kids just asked today about the Christmas shows they'll miss since we don't have Hallmark. Smiley Sad

Message 157 of 787 (2,528 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Want the hallmark channel-voicing my opinion

Simply type Hallmark in the "Ask a Question" area on the main Uverse forum page and pick one of several that pop up.  Read away.  Feel free to add to any of them.  You can probably spend 5 or 6 hours reading all of the posts.

My point is you can voice all you want but it ain't gonna happen until Crown Media and U-verse strike a deal.  Been gone from Uverse since September 2010 so I wouldn't hold my breath...... 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 158 of 787 (2,533 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

dhascall wrote:
I see your point but my wife is up at all hours, and I often got a "you gotta see this" about silly stuff that went on, during BBAD.  It was cool on Showtime but I am guessing that it was lame on TVGN.  I almost considered a trial of the Live Feeds.  CBS did those differently too, this year.

Of course, I got those, too.  And I took the complaints about not knowing all of what was going on, because they do some creating editing in the shows (you can really tell after watching events unfold in BBAD). 

I offered to help my wife to setup the short trial of online, she said "no."  For one thing, she watched BBAD on DVR delay, which wouldn't be possible with the online. 

Message 159 of 787 (2,491 Views)
Contributor

Doesn't make sense that most of the other cable providers offer the Hallmark channel.

Message 160 of 787 (2,490 Views)
ACE - Professor

How many Hallmark threads do we need to read the same thing over and over again? Please post on existing Hallmark threads. Creating new threads will not increase the chance of U-Verse coming to agreement with Crown Media.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 161 of 787 (2,489 Views)
Tutor

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

I did not realize until I began to look for holiday programming that Uverse does not have the Hallmark Channel or Hallmark Movie Channel. I would not have subscribed had I known. We always love their holiday movies. Always, always, always -- every year!

I just thought I hadn't ordered the right package so was going to upgrade to U300 or even U450 if needed to get it. But no! It's no where in the lineup! My 81-year-old mother doesn't have that many Christmases left to enjoy, and will have to go through one without the kind of shows she loves. Sure, Lifetime has some, but nothing like those on Hallmark.

And it sounds like Uverse isn't even trying.

Well, this is the only year we will be without Hallmark at Christmas. If Uverse doesn't have it by the time our contract with them ends next spring, we are gone. Love everything else about the service --especially the wireless DVRs -- but not enough to go through Christmas without Hallmark.

Message 162 of 787 (2,333 Views)
ACE - Professor

odypen wrote:

I did not realize until I began to look for holiday programming that Uverse does not have the Hallmark Channel or Hallmark Movie Channel. I would not have subscribed had I known. We always love their holiday movies. Always, always, always -- every year!

I just thought I hadn't ordered the right package so was going to upgrade to U300 or even U450 if needed to get it. But no! It's no where in the lineup! My 81-year-old mother doesn't have that many Christmases left to enjoy, and will have to go through one without the kind of shows she loves. Sure, Lifetime has some, but nothing like those on Hallmark.

And it sounds like Uverse isn't even trying.

Well, this is the only year we will be without Hallmark at Christmas. If Uverse doesn't have it by the time our contract with them ends next spring, we are gone. Love everything else about the service --especially the wireless DVRs -- but not enough to go through Christmas without Hallmark.

As it has been repeated over and over again, The Hallmark Channel has not been part of the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010. If the Hallmark Channel was so important to you, you should have checked for it's presence before signing up.

Unless there is a Winter or Spring surprise, The Hallmark Channel will not be back by the time your contract is up.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Message 163 of 787 (2,342 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

odypen writes, "My 81-year-old mother doesn't have that many Christmases left to enjoy, and will have to go through one without the kind of shows she loves."

I wouldn't waste her time putting up with your current situation. It would be advisable to switch to a different provider of cable television programming.

This is not a nice thing to say; but there have been too many thread, and individual, postings on this topic which ultimately tests the patience of those who question the sincerity with which such postings are made.

If I was in the situation you have described … the switch would have already happened.

Message 164 of 787 (2,294 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.