fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

As the Hallmark channel seems to be the hottest topic about leaving, I don't think it's going to stop these threads.  Someone will find another one to complain about!!Smiley Mad

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:

Having been silent on this topic all this time, I think if Hallmark wants to pay say .10 per subscriber with over 5 million subs, total cost to Hallmark $500,000+ per month. Maybe Hallmark would prefer to save some money and only pay to be available for u300, u450 subscribers, estimated cost $200,000 per month.

What say U Crown Media, want to help out all these folks and save them the hassle of looking for another provider.

Good call my thoughts (but think you have it backwards, AFAIK, AT&T pays Crown/Hallmark, not viceversa).   I have a feeling that Crown will beg that the channels are family type and belong on as low a tier as possible.  Of course they all want that.  What I would propose, is for an agreement to let AT&T have half the ad space on the channels and do some ad revenue sharing.  Maybe Crown still gets it's full $500,000 but AT&T is given $100K-200K worth of free advertising per month.

I doubt that any of us were at the negotiating table.  BUT, back in Fall 2012, I spoke with a CSR who stated that he was told that AT&T is refusing to negotiate with Crown.  So, ya never know.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

As the Hallmark channel seems to be the hottest topic about leaving, I don't think it's going to stop these threads.  Someone will find another one to complain about!!:smileymad:

I honestly doubt it, Beebee.  I have heard lots about NHL network from forum regulars (who are mostly male) but I'm just not seeing the numbers of new-to-the-forum posters about NHL.  They seem more apt to post about Hallmark.  Al-Jazeera seems to be hot too, but IMHO, Hallmark is the "winner."  As I tounge-in-cheeked, in another tgread, these forums will die if the channels return.  Smiley Very Happy  And, in all seriousness, I said if and not when. Smiley Sad

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:
Dhascall, thank you for the correct understanding, my post was in reference concerning the addition of shopping channels alluded to while Hallmark remained absence. I do not believe ATT management would reject an offer if Hallmark was willing to do a shopping channel agreement in order to keep their many fans happy. But again that is just my thoughts...

Ordinarily, I would agree.  Who wants to turn down possible business, right?  That being said, there is a reason that they have been off for three years.  Someone obviously got insulted.  There have been some players missing from Dish simply because the Dish CEO turned them off (pun not intended).  This one has been an icy relationship, for too long.  It may never thaw.  I'm not sure if Crown said that it will be a cold day in Hades or AT&T. Smiley Wink

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

10 years ago

Finally some meaningful posts on the subject.  At least some of you are making, what seem to be, good suggestions.  I realize that this is just a forum, and that no action, in accordance, will be taken by either of the involved parties.   

However, if there are no negotiations between AT&T and Crown to end this stalemate, each is allowing its stubbornness to take over.  I've said this before, and I will say it again ... the two principles remind me of our current Government in Washington: Regardless of the isle, on which they sit, their unwillingness to reach a compromise hurts everyone, including themselves, in the long run.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

That is a shame.  I guess with the plethora of channels, I missed looking for this channel.  My wife will probably ask me to change to Charter and that won't make my Uverse installer happy.  He spent 10 hours installing uverse everything yesterday.  She watches Hallmark more than every other channel put together.  Funny, I found this thread searching for a way to exclude channels I'm not subscribed too.  Dish and DirectTv have this feature which is awesome.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

an you tall me how it work ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

But it's Christmas time and the holiday movies are starting on Hallmark!!! So not fair. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Someone posted a few weeks back about Hallmark advertising.  A forum regular questioned if that poster had actually heard anything about Hallmark.  Well sports fans, in the past two weeks, I have seen Hallmark mentioned (outside of this forum) in at least half a dozen places and as often or more often than some bigger networks.  I saw a Hallmark ad on another cable channel, A&E, IIRC.  I heard a radio ad on a local Lite Rock station.  There was a notice about an upcoming movie in one of the wife's "Gold Crown" mailings.  I saw a print ad, in a magazine and one in the Indy Star.  Today, also in the Indy Star, in the USA Today Life section, there was a sidebar write-up on an upcoming Hallmark Movie Channel movie.  For this being such a poor, low rated, nothing-of-a-channel, there seems to be lots going on, about it.  Now, that doesn't mean that they will come back, but I'm just sayin.'

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Came looking for a solution...not many provided.

Same problem as most... Holidays are coming and wife misses her Hallmark. When I first signed up with U-Verse we had the programming, didn't know it was gone until the holidays rolled around.

I've posted my opinion to the U-Verse Survey, as well as the Hallmark Website Survey.

Question, does anyone know what programming is streamed from the Hallmark website? I pay for my college student to have "cable" and I know she has Hallmark. Before I get her log in info, thought I'd ask.

Next option appears to be a $20 basic cable line into the house, where not only will I be able to get my wife the Hallmark channel, but also all our local "second" channels (I've missed a couple football games this season) as well as eliminate the 4 stream problem that shows up when all the kids come home.... I really like my U-verse (phone has always worked great, and I finally have the internet speed I've been paying for) but there are some "gnats" associated with it that really are irritating.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.