fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I am a At&t uverse Customer,

I have requested as many other Customers have, to please return the Hallmark Channels and the Hallmark Movie Channels, I have also contacted the Hallmark Channel. Hallmark advised me they would like to work with At&t Uverse to possibly see if an aggrement could be made between the both of you. I have not heard from Uverse as to what could be done to return Hallmark to the channel line up for your paying customers.

Guru

• 

1K Messages

10 years ago

There have been many threads on this topic since Hallmark departed about three years ago.  This thread is probably a good representation of the discussion that has occurred.  If you search the forum, I'm sure you will find many other references.  Other than having submitted your requests, I doubt there is much more you can do than wait and see.  There does not seem to be any sign that Hallmark is returning anytime soon.  

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@LoveHD wrote:

mamaste writes [from Aug. 1, 2013]: "The issue wasn't the amount of the carriage fees, but the fairness of the amount Crown Meua was asking. Crown wanted AT&T to pay an amount similar to what larger, national providers pay. AT&T felt they should pay an amount closer to what smaller providers with a smallee subscriber base pays. The amount was only 4 or 5 cents per subscriber. The way the reasoning is worded here, makes AT&T look cheap and Crown greedy. The dispute was about fairness not the actual amount Crown wanted. Until the two can agree on whether AT&T is a big company or a small one, we won't see Hallmark. Since 2010 things have changed. Hallmark's ratings have greatly improved and they no longer need to pay for Martha Stewart. AT&T has grown their customer base. Whatever happens now, will be based on this not on what happened in 2010."

It sounds like Crown Media and AT&T U-verse should reach an agreement not long from now. Based on your post from nearly two months ago. Or, if that's incorrect - then there may be a bad relationship between the two companies. That neither wants to do business with the other.

As for the arguments for why AT&T U-verse should bring back Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel: I'm in support of their returns. I don't know the details of proposed contracts going back three years. I don't know how much of what you have written is accurate. But based on the last three years, I think it's obvious that AT&T U-verse has demonstrated it doesn't need Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel as much as Crown Media needs Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel to be carried by AT&T U-verse. This "AT&T Community Forum," with however many troll postings (and threads), has been a really good example of that.

Even at $.05 per subscriber you are still looking at over $3MILLION per year for a network that on it's best day draws less than 2 Million viewers for it's highest rated movie ever. A typical day for Hallmark is around 750000 viewers at best and that's across EVERY major provider that's less than 75000 per provider.  For AT&T that works out to about $40 per actual viewer that watches Hallmark.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Still need to get that channel back I changed my service not realizing you didnt have it I am not renewing in december I will be going thru another cable co

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@brenda2013 wrote:
Still need to get that channel back I changed my service not realizing you didnt have it I am not renewing in december I will be going thru another cable co

So let's see, if your contract is up in December, that means you've had UVerse for almost a year and yet you wait until your 11th month to sign up to say  you're leaving without the Hallmark Channel.  You had 30 days when you first signed up to cancel with no penalties.  Hallmark has been gone since Sept. of 2010 and NONE of the printed or online channel guides show Hallmark.  Your "threat" holds no water.  Enjoy your new service in December.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am seriously thinking of switching to DIRECTV or Charter because of the Hallmark Channel.  I have already been checking prices and availablity.  I would hate to leave AT&T because of this, but I may have to.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@WS2011 wrote:

I am seriously thinking of switching to DIRECTV or Charter because of the Hallmark Channel.  I have already been checking prices and availablity.  I would hate to leave AT&T because of this, but I may have to.

Good luck with your new provider.  Unfortunately threatening to or actually leaving U-Verse over AT&T not carrying the channels, will not bring them back.  There will have to be more interest in the channels than 8 or 10 posts per week (if that),  from unhappy folks.  Just my two cents.  There is a request link on the top of this forum or I suppose one could write on U-Verse's Facebook wall, too.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@WS2011 wrote:

How long have you been a U-Verse subscriber? The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. If you just joined U-Verse, you should have checked the channel lineup before you made your decision.

If you have been a subscriber for a while, then why didn't you make your change earlier instead of just coming to the conclusion that you need to change providers?

Unless something changes, The Hallmark Channel and The Hallmark Movie Channel will not be returning to U-Verse in the near future. Due to the fact that U-Verse has so many more positives that outweigh the negatives, I would advise staying with the service.

I hope that you are not a One and Done One Post Wonder and respond to dhascall's and my response to your post.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

10 years ago

WS2011 writes, "I am seriously thinking of switching to DIRECTV or Charter because of the Hallmark Channel. I have already been checking prices and availablity. I would hate to leave AT&T because of this, but I may have to."

Rather than "thinking of," you should actually do it.

If this is truly important, enough so, than you should move to another service.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have a suggestion, get rid of all those worthless music channels that no one listens to and get the Hallmark Channel back on here, one of the reasons I choose AT&T Uverse was it showed the Hallmark channel in the lineup??!!

I hope its back on by the time Cedar Cove comes back on !!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.