Where is the Hallmark Channel?

Contributor

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Message 436 of 787 (79,653 Views)
Teacher

Hallmark Channel

Is the Hallmark Channel coming back? I just signed up for UVerse and had I know it didnt carry Hallmark I WOULDNT of! Its my all time favorite and about the only thing I watch.

Message 30 of 787 (89,364 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Hallmark Channel

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from Uverse since Sept. 2010.  There is no talk of it coming back.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 31 of 787 (22,524 Views)

Hallmark Channel

I am mad that I just signed on yesterday and got it installed and didn't know that Hallmark Channel was not a part of it.  This needs to be done or I should just go back to Time Warner Cable!  Is this in the works??

Message 32 of 787 (17,504 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

I wouldn't hold my breath.  Hallmark was dropped back in 2010.  I'm sure there are still ongoing talks but none of us peons will know anything until someone makes an announcement.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 33 of 787 (17,504 Views)
Tutor

I'm in the same position.  I checked all of the channels that my kids watch, and missed that Hallmark wasn't an option.  I am extremely disappointed in this.  Other than this issue, I have been very happy with Uverse since we switched 3 weeks ago. However, we probably would have gone to another provider had I noticed this before.  Is there any chance that AT&T will continue to negotiate with Hallmark?  I have looked into streaming it online, but AT&T is not a provider they work with, therefore I cannot get it on there either.  This is one of the few channels that I actually watch, and as I said, this is highly disappointing. 

Message 34 of 787 (22,376 Views)
ACE - Professor

vmfell wrote:

I'm in the same position.  I checked all of the channels that my kids watch, and missed that Hallmark wasn't an option.  I am extremely disappointed in this.  Other than this issue, I have been very happy with Uverse since we switched 3 weeks ago. However, we probably would have gone to another provider had I noticed this before.  Is there any chance that AT&T will continue to negotiate with Hallmark?  I have looked into streaming it online, but AT&T is not a provider they work with, therefore I cannot get it on there either.  This is one of the few channels that I actually watch, and as I said, this is highly disappointing. 

We are U-Verse subscribers just like you, so no one on this forum can tell you for sure what is the status of any, if there are any, negotiations between AT&T and Crown Media, the owner of the Hallmark Channel.

As far as any of us know, there have not been any negotiations since August 31, 2010, when the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel were pulled by Crown Media off of U-Verse.

There are so many positives about U-Verse that greatly outweigh the fact that it does not have the Hallmark Channel.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 35 of 787 (22,359 Views)
Teacher

That's so sad. I love ATT but won't keep it after my contract because Hallmark is my favorite channel. I didn't know ATT didn't have it or I would not have gone with ATT. Can't believe they can't negotiate.
Message 36 of 787 (22,330 Views)
Teacher

Yes, I love the Hallmark Channel also.  Really miss it around Christmas.  As soon as my ATT contract expires I will have to go elsewhere.  I can't believe we pay over $100 and can't get the channels we want. 

Message 37 of 787 (22,334 Views)
ACE - Professor

wife36562 wrote:
That's so sad. I love ATT but won't keep it after my contract because Hallmark is my favorite channel. I didn't know ATT didn't have it or I would not have gone with ATT. Can't believe they can't negotiate.

As it is always recommended on this forum, you should always check the channel list before signing up with any provider be it U-Verse, Dish, Charter, Time Warner, Direct, etc.

If you did not check, you have only yourself to blame, not U-Verse.

As far as your statement that you "can't believe they can't negotiate", I fully agree with you. I cannot believe that Crown Media, the owner of the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel, cannot negotiate.

Message 38 of 787 (22,291 Views)
Contributor

Why do I no longer get the Hallmark Channel? Will it possibly be restored?

My husband and I are very disappointed that we can no longer get the Hallmark Channel!!!!  We really enjoyed their programming and I was especially looking forward to watching the "Cedar Cove" series, starring Andie MacDowell, only to discover that I can't.  My husband and I subscribe to the most expensive TV package U-verse offers and don't feel we should have to go out and buy DVDs of movies/programs we could watch on the Hallmark Channel.  Is there anything viewers can do to make their voices heard if they would like to see this channel restored?  

Message 39 of 787 (14,999 Views)
Mentor

Re: Why do I no longer get the Hallmark Channel? Will it possibly be restored?

It took you 3 years to notice you no longer get the Hallmark channel? Sorry but it's been gone since 2010 and as far as we know there have been no discussions between AT&T and Crown Media (Hallmarks owner) to bring it back since then. There are multiple discussions on this topic, for now all you can do is request the channel through the AT&T channel request link.
Message 40 of 787 (14,991 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Why do I no longer get the Hallmark Channel? Will it possibly be restored?

pag1954 wrote:

My husband and I are very disappointed that we can no longer get the Hallmark Channel!!!!  We really enjoyed their programming and I was especially looking forward to watching the "Cedar Cove" series, starring Andie MacDowell, only to discover that I can't.  My husband and I subscribe to the most expensive TV package U-verse offers and don't feel we should have to go out and buy DVDs of movies/programs we could watch on the Hallmark Channel.  Is there anything viewers can do to make their voices heard if they would like to see this channel restored?  

Do you have a special type of television that kept the Hallmark Channel on for over three years past the time it was pulled by Crown Media off of U-Verse (September 1, 2010)? Do you still get the Speed Channel and the Fox Soccer Channel on it?  That is one amazing television. Smiley Surprised

Message 41 of 787 (14,951 Views)
Tutor

Why is there no Hallmark Channel?

Why is there no Hallmark Channel? Or We TV?

Message 42 of 787 (17,502 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Why is there no Hallmark Channel?

Hallmark has been gone since Sept. 2010.  WE-TV is channel 372.  No HD is available at this time.

Message 43 of 787 (17,502 Views)
Tutor

Re: Why is there no Hallmark Channel?

Thanks.  Sounds like there's no hope for Hallmark!  May have to switch back to Brighthouse.  Love Hallmark Channel, especially at Christmas!

As far as We goes, I've tried searching for shows by title and get no results.  Are there no results for non-HD channels?

Message 44 of 787 (17,503 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.