fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

Thank you, Skeeter, for the correction. Smiley Happy

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

I didn't want to give anyone a false sense of hope!  Smiley Sad

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Skeeter - this is the time of the year that my wife will ask me either: 1) are we going to get the Hallmark Channel, this year or 2) what channel is it on?  The channels' big draw (besides the series with that hottie Andie Macdowell) is Holiday movies and I bet that wives and mothers will be asking their spouses or kids about Hallmark, all across U-Verse land.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Skeeter - this is the time of the year that my wife will ask me either: 1) are we going to get the Hallmark Channel, this year or 2) what channel is it on?  The channels' big draw (besides the series with that hottie Andie Macdowell) is Holiday movies and I bet that wives and mothers will be asking their spouses or kids about Hallmark, all across U-Verse land.

The only things I know Andie MacDowelll from is being the love intrest in Groundhog Day.

Is it irony that the Hallmark subject keeps coming back nearly the same every day?

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

11 years ago

outfanindallas writes, "Hallmark has been gone so long the vulture Direct TV sales people at Costco are no longer using that as a reason to switch."

Crazy.

Perhaps AT&T U-verse sales reps could have been countering with telling potential subscribers that AT&T U-verse carries GSN in high definition. DirecTV, which partially owns the programmer, is just about the most major cable television provider which does not carry GSN HD.

"Go figure! And please sign up with AT&T U-verse!"

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

11 years ago

trparky writes, " I have to wonder what's going on in Crown Media to make them think that they need to do this.  Are they that desperate for people to watch their channel?"

Let's suppose this is accurate. That there are trolls who come here from Crown Media, the owner of Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, and the obscure PixL.

Would Crown Media be desperate?

Yes.

Three years is a great amount of time to not have carriage with AT&T U-verse. I am not aware of the rankings of cable television providers, in terms of their numbers of subscribers, but I think AT&T U-verse is a Top 10 company. (If someone can say, I'd appreciate it.)

I have considered that pitting the two is not a bad way from which to analyze this. Who needs who more? AT&T U-verse being more in need to carry the programming from Crown Media? Or Crown Media being more in need for the carriage of its programming on AT&T U-verse? I think it's the latter.

As for the desperation part … I recall just a short while ago that Pac-12 Network was doing advertising, or something to the effect, stating that subscribers of DirecTV should leave DirecTV and go to satellite rival Dish Network. Why? DirecTV does not carry Pac-12 Network. It didn't make a deal when it launched in 2012. It still hasn't made an agreement in 2013. Dish Network does carry Pac-12 Network. How does that sound motivating to DirecTV? Mike White is the CEO of DirecTV. He has stated that the pricing from sports programmers has been getting out of line. (His take on it with representing the company and trying to keep subscriber costs somewhat in control.) I think this was incredibly stupid of Pac-12 Network. And, yet, I don't know if Pac-12 Network v. DirecTV is much different from Crown Media v. AT&T U-verse.

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

11 years ago

There are too many Hallmark threads, and with respect, I must say that most of you want then locked or placed into file 13.   However, you are part of the problem. 

With additional respect, most of you who post, continually, trying to justify the reasons why Hallmark channels are no longer with us are part of the problem. 

Others of you who post that the OP's are trolls and people who don't check the channel listings before subscribing to U-Verse are, again, part of the problem.

How to fix the problem ..?  quit posting ... the threads will disappear!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@wmtheel wrote:
There are too many Hallmark threads, and with respect, I must say that most of you want then locked or placed into file 13.   However, you are part of the problem. 

With additional respect, most of you who post, continually, trying to justify the reasons why Hallmark channels are no longer with us are part of the problem. 

Others of you who post that the OP's are trolls and people who don't check the channel listings before subscribing to U-Verse are, again, part of the problem.

How to fix the problem ..?  quit posting ... the threads will disappear!

We are not the ones who start the threads, The people who start the threads are mainly tr**ls and One Post One and Done Wonders who just want to stir the pot.

We answer just in case there is a chance that the OP's are new forum members that have a legitimate question about the Hallmark Channel.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

11 years ago

dwinth, you wrote ...

"We are not the ones who start the threads,"  Obviously, I was very aware of that when I posted. "The people who start the threads are mainly tr**ls and One Post One and Done Wonders who just want to stir the pot."  You could well be right, but that is supposition on our part, because we have not true way of knowing the real answer!

"We answer just in case there is a chance that the OP's are new forum members that have a legitimate question about the Hallmark Channel."  Again, you are right, that is one of the reasons this forum exists.  However, some take that reasoning to the extreme.  Some of our responses are helping the very people we are criticizing, by keeping the myriad threads alive.  That is the crux of my post.

No matter how we slice it, the three year old Hallmark issue, regardless of whether the posters are trolls or legitimates, is not going away.   The only panacea for this melodrama is for U-Verse to bring Hallmark back, regardless of whether our opinions are pro or con.  Otherwise, we must grin and bear the angst of having these discussions. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@americangame wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

The only things I know Andie MacDowelll from is being the love intrest in Groundhog Day.

Is it irony that the Hallmark subject keeps coming back nearly the same every day?

It could be a coinkydink but I'm betting that it is 1) new U-Verse blood coupled with 2) a decent in-the-ratings-department new show on what had been pretty much a nothing network.  The same thing happened with a contract dispute with AMC.  AMC was kind of blah network until Mad Men came on.  There were at least a dozen posts per day saying how U-Verse should negotiate to keep AMC just because of Mad Men.

I wish that forum managers had not closed the one long in the tooth Hallmark thread.  I knew that folks would just make new ones.  The better (IMHO) solution would be to leave it open (maybe sticky it) and push all Hallmark posts to that one spot.   Some sort of a public statement from AT&T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.